[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Penetration Test Labs & Ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: pentesting.jpg (278KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pentesting.jpg
278KB, 1920x1080px
So I've just started setting up a little lab for myself, got a switch with built in vpn & firewall, a printer & 2 computers (both with kali linux) & an old router with WEP encryption on a private LAN.
Some of the things I have done/am planning to do are as follows :

1. Fuzz various machines on the network with mangled frames and monitor it in wireshark.

2. Use ettercap to man-in-the-middle LAN traffic and then driftnet to sift out image & audio data being browsed from machines on the network in real-time.

3.Use p0f to intercept transmissions on various ethernet cables on the network and save the packets to a log file.

4. Infect machines on the network with a keylogger I wrote which writes keystrokes to a log file, screencaps every few seconds and sends the results to an email.

Anyone else have a pentest lab, and would like to share details of their setup and ideas? .
>>
>>55951594
> ettercap
> p0f
> wep

The fuck, nigger? Did I fall asleep and wake up in 2005?
>>
Nice setup.

I threw together a Bro NSM from an old desktop pc for my Internet gateway.

Pretty sweet grepping through the logs and seeing whats going on.

I used a 20 dollar ethernet hub as a tap. (dsl is stuck at 8 meg anyway)

Nice productive setup you've got there, you're not fucking about. You fishing for zero days or something?
>>
Just because you sit on a dildo at your computer doesn't make it a penetration lab.
>>
>>55951649
I dont think anon is trying to 0day WPA2
>>
>>55951594
my setup is you're mom's pussy and my idea is pentesting her day and night
>>
>>55951814
>>55951852

ayy
>>
>>55951594
>not doing SSL decryption
get out
>>
>>55951787
Huh, never heard of that network monitor. I used PRTG for a while.Thanks, I really just want to learn stuff. If I can find some vulnerabilities on some hardware/software on the network on my own it'd be great. Like, I KNOW wep is deprecated but I've never actually cracked it.
>>
>>55951973
I actually did do that before but only on my own machine, not across a network. Thanks for the reminder though, I'll add that to the list.
>>
>>55951649
Like I said before, I know wep is deprecated but I've never cracked it myself so I want to.
>>
>>55951594
Let's make this thread worthwhile, discussions and bump for interest.
>>
>>55951996
>Like, I KNOW wep is deprecated but I've never actually cracked it.

LOL, I know that feel. Cracked it first time a few months back.
Seriously, takes like about five minutes these days, barely worth the effort. It makes more sense to go for WPA hacks on wifi these days.
NB i used the pifite.py script for it (at least I think thats what its called - it does pixie dust and all the good stuff)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.