[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 5

File: Logitech m705.jpg (11KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Logitech m705.jpg
11KB, 360x360px
Looking into getting a new mouse and just want to get ideas. I currently use pic releated, but the right click has been acting up, so I'm grabbing a new one, I was considering just getting another 705, but I would sort of like 1 or 2 more thumb buttons, anyone have a good reccomendation.

General mouse discussion also, what does /g/ use, why?
>>
OP what is the mouse for? General use? Gaming? Design?

At the moment I'm using a logitech g300, but the weird wings on top get in the way of my fingers, and the hump is too far toward the back for my liking.

Bought a steelseries rival 100 because they're comfy and low profile. I wouldn't buy laser or anything with a dodgy sensor like the abyssus.
>>
>>55951508
G502? I've had mine for a long time and its worked perfectly, and a lot of people here use it. It all comes down to what you use it for, gaming, editing, etc.
>>
>>55951611
Gaming mostly, I like to try to keep it sort of small, but none of those weird micro mice.
>>
>>55951636
Do you like heavy or light?
How much are you spending?
How big is your hand tip of middle finger to heel of palm and thumb to side of palm?
What kind of mouse pad do you have / are willing to buy?
What games do you play?
How do you grip your mouse? (Palm, claw or fingertips?)
>>
>>55951619
That actually looks decent, how big is it and how many side buttons are there? I looked online but the specs didn't say and it's hard to get a feel for the size with a pic online.
>>
>>55951508

Double clicks, no clicks and shit like that is easily repaired with squirt or two of contact cleaner into affected microswitch.
>>
>>55951677
>Do you like heavy or light?
Typically a little lighter, but a little weight is good.
>How much are you spending?
I was thinking between $30-$70
>How big is your hand tip of middle finger to heel of palm and thumb to side of palm?
Not sure exactly, at work right now, but I don't have gigantic hands
>What kind of mouse pad do you have / are willing to buy?
I am a filthy degenerate and typically don't use a mouse pad at all. But I do have a typical low budget nothing pad, none of that wrist rest junk.
>What games do you play?
Mostly shooters with the occasional RPG
>How do you grip your mouse? (Palm, claw or fingertips?)
I am a claw guy mostly.
>>
>>55951714
Actually it still clicks, it has a hard time holding a right click down when I click, so ADS and shit for games can be really screwy.
>>
>>55951741
Zowie FK2/ZA13/EC2-A
>>
I use the cm Storm xornet, is good
>>
>>55951762

Contact cleaner will fix that I guarantee you.

I use wd40 branded one (not to be mistaken with regular wd40) but any brand will do.
>>
>>55951796
I agree with this anon's recommendations. I myself have the G900 because I love it's shape and need muh buttons but ohterwise I would've gone with the Zowie FK2. I have no regrets though, the G900 is a beast.
>>
I need a mouse that has/is
>USB wired for muh connectivity
>high end optical sensor for muh accuracy
>small and light for muh waifish hands
>driverless for muh autism
>forward and back buttons for muh productivity
>comfy for muh palm grip
and I've landed on the Zowie EC2-A. In fact I can't find anything else. Is this my only option or have I overlooked something?
>>
Steelseries
>>
>>55952211
post hands
>>
I reccomend the Logitech G502.
>>
>>55951619
This desu senpai
>>
Is Logitech the new Razer?

They've had terrible quality control for years now, mainly produce mice with cringeworthy LED gaymer designs, but for whatever reason people pretend they're good.

Sounds like Razer for people who are "too good" for Razer.
>>
>>55951508
Try just not right clicking as much op?
Only advice I can offer :/
>>
>>55954749
Logitech isnt super overpriced.
>>
File: .png (31KB, 514x325px) Image search: [Google]
.png
31KB, 514x325px
>>55954862
Really?

This is in fact the same exact price as the Razer Mamba.
>>
>>55951508
i'm actually using the mouse in the OP. It's been 5 years, i only charge the batteries once a year.
One day the left click wasn't responding so i opened the mouse and rebend the metal part that do the clicking. It was so easy to do i figured i could do it again but i never had to.
I'm considering not having a new one.
>>
>>55954888
It's the best mouse on the market right now, though. It has unrivaled wireless performance, even beating almost every cable bound mouse. It has the 3366 sensor, tweaked to perfection. It's light.

>>55952211
The EC2-A has an additional 15ms of click delay over the G502. Wouldn't recommend unless you don't mind your inputs always being late.
>>
>>55951741
G303
>>
File: 1470492286416.jpg (59KB, 998x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470492286416.jpg
59KB, 998x720px
wanted a cheap bluetooth mouse
>>
>>55951508
Been using a G500 for 3 years because I got it on special offer with my G510 keyboard. Great mouse for gaming and general use, my only problem is that the wheel slips and pages can randomly scroll but other than that it still troops on like when I got it. Not sure what to replace it with, probably something ergonomic and no more gaymer shit
>>
>>55955237
>G502
Not only does it require drivers but you can't tweak the DPI without some 'Logitech Gaming Software' and it's neither small nor light.
Is this some sort of meme?
>>
File: 1325457561984_1_.jpg (618KB, 1233x1453px) Image search: [Google]
1325457561984_1_.jpg
618KB, 1233x1453px
A bit outdated.

I have a Logitech M518 that has lasted me years and years. At least 7.
>>
dont get a deathadder. they all break within a few months.
>>
>>55955325
I only compared click delay between the two, not weight, software requirement (you can use it without the software, btw, you only need it modify the settings of the onboard profiles, if you don't like the defaults), and the G502 is not big.
>>
>>55955351
not to mention it's fucking bullshit and completely innaccurate

kill yourself
>>
>>55951508
intellimouse on laptop, g502 on desktop
>>
>>55954888
>picks the most expensive mouse he can find that fits his bias
logitech has mice with good sensors from $30 and up, you massive retard.
>>
>>55955357
I understand, but it just seems like a poor alternative. Coming in at 15% larger and 30% heavier (at it's lowest weight configuration) than the EC2-A it's not exactly small. That is good it has an onboard version of the software though, but it still won't run driverless.
>>
>>55955421
>implying everyone's hands are the same size
>>
>>55955421
> but it still won't run driverless
Yes, you can plug it into any PC without installing any driver, and it will work.
>>
>>55955442
Okay, no? You're coming off a little defensive there. If you'll follow the reply chain you'll notice what I asked for was for was a mouse for my itty bitty handlets. I'm not criticising anyone's choice in peripheral, just looking for something for myself.

>>55955469
No, it does require drivers. This much is clear. It only works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 according to Logitech's site and that wouldn't matter without drivers. That's their basic compatibility listing, not the 'Optional software download'.
>>
>>55955540
Dude, I'm just giving you some advice. I'm not recommending the G502, I was using it as an example. Get whatever the fuck you want, but don't complain about latency later.

>No, it does require drivers. This much is clear. It only works with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 according to Logitech's site and that wouldn't matter without drivers
Those are the requirements for the Software. It is not needed to use the mouse. Why the hell are you so autistic about that, anyway? Just take it out of fucking start-up and you're good.
>>
>>55955540
>Okay, no? You're coming off a little defensive there. If you'll follow the reply chain
i'm just pointing out that comparing size is fucking retarded in your context because people's hands are not the same.
>>
>>55955569
Why did you even reply to me then? To tell me about something I wouldn't want to use?

>>55955574
>in your context
I asked for a recommendation, not an argument to ascertain the best mouse ever for everyone. Obviously no such thing exists.

Either /g/ is retarded or the shills are real. Later niggas.
>>
>>55955604
To tell me about something I wouldn't want to use?
Yeah, and that would be the EC2-A. Or any other Zowie for that matter. Fuck that delay.
>>
>>55955540
>No, it does require drivers
>according to logitech's site
fuck off you clueless newfag.

basic drivers comes with windows, you just fucking plug it in and any mouse works.

the drivers you are talking about are the model specific by logitech, and they write it like that on their site because it's required if you want the features like changing polling rate, dpi and other shit like game profiles.

you do NOT need to install logitech's drivers for the mouse to work.
>>
>>55955569
Oh, and because you'll sit there smugly thinking you're right about the G502 not needing drivers, compare the requirements to other Logitech mice using the same software. Notice they support different operating systems. Shit uses drivers which only work with some operating systems, even if they install from onboard.
>>
>>55955628
>comes with windows
What makes you think I'm using Windows? Shit I realize why /g/ seems so stupid in here, it's just fucking /v/. Go back.
>>
>>55955650
You'll still need basic mouse drivers on Linux and OSX. Your 'driverless' does not exist.
>>
g502 a little heavy, good all around mouse. Back home I got a roccat kone xd laser and it felt awesome for the 2 weeks i used it. I'm looking at the Mionix Castor right now to get a similar feel anyone know shit about it? Should I buy?
>>
>>55951508
Couple of questions guys.
I need a white mouse but I'd like to get better at FPS since I have 0 experience playing them. I know you want a "flawless" sensor for these games and I need a new mouse anyway. The g303 has one of these sensors, but it is the wrong color. Do you think I can just disasemble it and spray it down with white plastidip?

Will I notice a signifficant different getting a mouse with out a perfect sensor like the current version of the g400? The proteous core or whatever, it looks far more comfortable.

All the white mice with perfect sensor are far out of my price range.
>>
>>55955682
>i need a white mouse
why

>Do you think I can just disasemble it and spray it down with white plastidip?
probably

>perfect sensor like the current version of the g400
there is no "current" version of the g400, it's no longer manufactured. and not all G400 has perfect sensor, only those after a certain serial number. G400s is the same mouse but with some tweaks.
The shape of the G400(s) is the same as the classic 518 and is really nice IMO.
Btw G400s is also no longer manufactured. Logitech are faggots and doesnt have a mouse with that shape any more.

Go to a computer store and hold the mouse in your hand to see if you like the grip.

But why are you so fucking anal about the color?
>>
>>55955786
There is a "current" version it just doesn't have much in common with the g400 at this point. I believe it's called the g502. I just like the shape. Maybe it's not supposed to be an updated g400 but it's the logitech mouse with the most similar shape, and it is my ideal shape for a mouse.

I'm anal about the color because all of my peripherals are white and if I'm going to buy a new mouse I'd like it to be white as well. I figured I also may as well get one with a good sensor.
>>
>>55951508
get a g G602
>>
>>55955351
>God Tier
>Intellimouse
But why?
>>
File: logitech-g400.jpg (59KB, 620x365px) Image search: [Google]
logitech-g400.jpg
59KB, 620x365px
>>55955825
>g502
does that fucking transformer thing look even remotely like this?

>>55955873
perfect accurate sensor and durable as fuck if you get the original (not some reproduction shit).
>>
>>55955909
Out of all these chink companies cashing in on niches like mechanical keyboards, not one has got the brains to make a g400 clone. Order a ton of pixart sensors, copy the body and scroll wheel, insert sensors, ????, profit.
>>
>>55956075
FUND IT

but it would probably be shit poor quality and break after a month, and only sold thru ebay or something with no warranty
>>
>>55956093
Been using a sub $20 mouse with LEDS and it's wireless so you know they spent like $5 on the rest of the mouse TOPS and its holding up fine.

kickstarter time
Clones of Retired Products Inc
>>
>>55956118
yeah but it's different for a scroll wheel and side buttons that will be abused.

even razer deathadders cant get that shit right

but i would support this if they could get the price below or near $50
>>
>>55955850
This, god tier battery life. Comfy as fuck.
>>
logitech make good mice but the extra buttons wear out too quick. don't get too attached to those back and forward buttons. I've compensated with mouse gestures but it's ghetto as shit.
>>
>need a new mouse to replace my G400 which has just fallen the fuck apart
>everything has at least one glaring flaw I simply can't overlook
Fuck.
>>
>>55951508
>Not using the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000
have fun not being able to track on anything
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.