[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free "apps"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
What is the deal with everything free nowdays? Why aren't there paid options without forcing you to watch ads, getting other not even related software shoved in your face until you click no or spending hours for the minimum advance to be made (games)?

Is this the future you guys asked for?
>>
It's easier that way. Most people browsing mobile app stores would pick free stuff because they don't really know what they're getting until they try it. Can't blame them. Besides, most apps do have paid versions without ads.
>>
>>55949930
because 95% of people don't have a payment option linked to their google play and 99.99% of people don't view software as a "tangible" thing you should buy
>>
Because it's more profitable
>>
When an app is free, the product being sold is you.
>>
It starts with a J and rhymes with a rare, psychic Pokemon.
>>
A user is wayyyyyy more likely to get a free app on a whim than a paid app.

As for ads, just use AdAway/Adguard/AdBlock or whatever.
>>
>reeeeee stop using [platform] to make money
every time, every thread
>>
>>55949930
most of them don't have ads, they instead sell your personal data for profit. 'free' as in '1984'
>>
>>55950328
The problem here is several pieces of mobile software not having a paid counterpart to skip all the bullshit.
I do appreciate that it's more profitable that way, but if that is so, might as well offer everything for "free".
>>
>>55949930
I bought a few Windows programs, but never an Android app.
I do want to support the devs, but Android is so toyish and disposable and you can't even use the store without going through Google.

Can you pay the developer directly, but then still get updates through the Play store? (Manually entering the license or something.)
>>
>>55950079
>it's more profitable

Unfortunately, OP, this is the reason. Unless it's a service that charges a periodic fee, they'll make more from ads.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.