[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you upgrade your phones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

How often does /g/ replace their phone? I currently have an LG G3 but am considering getting a Nexus 5x instead, although I would prefer to wait for the next Nexus. My G3 is acting up, getting a bit slow and it's of course always nice to have new things...

When I bought my G3 about two years ago it cost me €500 and I guess I could get maybe €100 for it meaning a net loss of €200/year which is rather much in my opinion for an everyday item such as a phone.

It made me think, why not get "last gen" every year instead of current gen every other year? If we take the Nexus 5x as an example it launched for around €500 and now, a year later, it costs €250. I guess it would make more sense getting this now for €250 and then get the "new Nexus" in about a year for the same price.

What are your thoughts on the subject? How often do you replace your phones? I always buy mine without subscription because I prefer to pay the full ammount at once instead of spreading it over like two years.
>>
>>55947349
>paying more than €150 for your personal profiling device
I think you should buy an iPhone faggot
>>
>>55947955
I've got kids so a good camera is a must for on the go photos.
>>
>>55947349
>use 7-or-so years old nokia
>get opera mini, navigation app and IRC client
>absolutely satisfied
I would've bought a smartphone, it's just that all the major options look like total shit.
>>
>>55947349
My 3.5-year old nokia lumia 920 still works great. No reason to upgrade.
>>
Got an iphone 5 at launch, was my first smartphone. Swapped it out little more than a month ago, for an SE. Gonna be hard to move away from the form factor once that one shows some age.
>>
>>55948108
Another reason to buy an iPhone, it's just a toy and your children will love it
Now fuck off pleb
>>
>>55947349
I'm getting a Wileyfox Spark X when it releases, I think it will just satisfy my needs with the 2GB of ram. Bought a Lumia 640 about a year and 1/4th ago. It worked but it really is giving me a headache so now and then with its continu ''resuming''.
>>
>>55948184
One of the reason I'd prefer the new Nexus, assuming the leaks are legit it will have a similar design. I'd never buy an iPhone since they're overpriced and iOS sucks but they do know how to design attractive phones.
>>
>>55948213
you cheap bastard cunt LMAO 8 GB OF MEMORY YOU WEAK INFIDEL
>>
used to upgrade every 2 years when my contract ended, but since contracts have gone ridiculously expensive networks still wanting £200 up front on a £50 a month contract.
and i'm still deciding wether to get a new nexus when they are out, get a HTC 10 or wait and see what HTC comes out with next year, as my one M8 is still a good phone, besides the camera and kinda want to get a phone with a fingerprint reader just so android pay is quicker to unlock.
>>
>>55948491
> what is a micro SD card slot
> what is a micro SD card
>>
>>55948491
learn to read the spark as 8gb the spark X has 2gb.
>>
>>55948167
Does it still get software updates? The Nexus lines only get two years worth of android updates and I guess other android phones get the same or less.
>>
File: 211425.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
211425.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>LG Ally baby first smartphone 6-2010
>droid X 3-2011
>galaxy nexus 2-2012
>note 2 12-2012
>>
Am running a samsung from 2011 that had android 4.
Love this little thing. It does all I need it to, and nothing more. It can connect to 4g if I get lost and need maps, and the wifi+firefox has helped me a few times when I needed internet but didn't have my laptop on me.

I actually bought an unlocked Galaxy SIII a while back and now its just sitting inside the box on a shelf, too bulky and so many features that are unneeded. I think a big drive for the production of all these modern phablets is that most of the consumers are young adults or teens, so they weren't around for the era of grey indestructible nokia phones, that did nothing except call and message.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Exhibit-International-Smartphone/dp/B00TXHCYF0
>>
>>55948774
you can tell from this picture that this phone's armor render it invincible.
>>
Whenever I feel like it. I bought my BlackBerry Q10 a year ago this month and still have it, that's the longest one's ever lasted me.
>>
>Rugby II
Til it broke
>S4
Til it broke
>Note 3
Til it was stolen
>Nexus 6p
Current

I only upgrade phones when my old one becomes unusable one way or another. They all do the same thing. The only app I even use now I didn't/couldn't have on my S4 is Pokemon Go. Everything else I do, I did on my S4 with no problems. DS and PSone emulators, couple of toilet games, Facebook, Chrome, M Word, music, movies.. only difference is a bigger, higher resolution screen and longer battery life.

People who "upgrade" phones every time a new one comes out and shinty, spoiled brats that don't value their possessions any longer then for the "new car" smell to wear off.
>>
So, I'm between an iPhone SE and a Galaxy S6. Technical specs are something I don't give a shit about, I just want a stable system that doesn't end up like trash a year after I purchase and a wide variety of decent apps, with equally decent performance. Which one suits my needs the best?
>>
>>55949874
the s6 is almost 2 years old so it's EOL the SE has just been released and will still be updated for at least 3 more years, so i'd go for the iphone SE and make sure you get the 64gb version, as you can't do shit with 16gb.
>>
>>55948213
>5.5 inch display
>720p
u sure about that?
>>
>>55950400
>anything higher than 720x1280 on a phone
Come on anon
>>
>>55950400
the note 2 has a 720p display at 5.5 inches, and it's ok, not the greatest but could be an 8 inch 840x400 display.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.