[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. I want to learn programming and I thought Python would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Hi. I want to learn programming and I thought Python would be a good start. Is pic related any good or just a meme?

I know a thing or two about programming (really just the basics tho) but I've never developed anything with a GUI.
>>
Are u fuckin kiddin us?
>want learn /pr/
>downloading shitty app from goygle market
Do u even try read books and learn frameworks?
btw
>MEMyton
>>
>>55946827
Books are shit imho. I've read blog posts from top notch programmers about how to get into programming and they all said to start programming right away, don't waste time with books. Trial and error is much more efficient than reading 20 paragraphs of introduction to hello world.
>>
>>55946803
>I want to learn programming and I thought Python would be a good start. Is pic related any good or just a meme?
Everyone learns differently. There is no best way to get started.

Asking a bunch of people (on an anime imageboard) who don't know you what is the best way to learn python is a waste of time in my opinion.

I think watching videos is stupid. But some folks prefer that method. I also think installing some app is really dumb. But it might be perfect you someone like you.

The best way to start learning IMO:
1) Find a book or tutorial you like
2) Open a simple text editor (gedit, notepad++, textwrangler)
3) Open a terminal
4) Start programming

When you have issues, read the error. If you don't understand the error then use your favorite Internet search engine to find the answer.

You don't need to spend money. You don't need a fancy IDE. You don't need an app. You don't need to ask for *anyone's* opinion.

You just need to start.

>I've read blog posts from top notch programmers
Who cares what they think? Some beginners are going to do well with books. Others will do great with online tutorials/materials. Some do well with classes.

What the fuck does "top notch programmer" even mean?
>>
a nice practical book is Python Crash Course and after you finish it, try Automatize things with Python.

They are practical not theory intensive and teach you how to be a code monkey right away. If you want to learn more complex stuff read the books recomended in install gentoo wiki.
>>
Learn to program, then learning languages comes easily and naturally.

Source: I know how to program.
>>
>>55948922
>Learn to program
What IS programming? Isn't it just some basic mathematical functions, some variables and a bunch of IFs and ELSEs? And "languages" are just the language specific syntax and shit.
>>
>>55950271
>What IS programming?
The practical application of algorithms to solve problems
>>
>Android app
Writing code on a phone is a pain in the ass. Just get a text editor and a Python interpreter on your laptop/desktop.
>>
>>55946803
Python is a decent way to get started and a good way to learn is by getting books on it or my personal favorite:
learnpythonthehardway.org/book/
Keep writing programs to test concepts and apply them and or experiment. After you feel proficient with Python add another language to your toolbox. Java is cross platform and statically typed but C has the benefit of working with memory which is useful to get a better understanding of how everything works as well as appreciating dynamic languages. Remember one language does not fit all tasks so learn as many as you can to expand your knowledge as you go. Best of luck!
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.