[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't torrent trackers moved to ZeroNet yet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1463909688679.jpg (67KB, 611x394px) Image search: [Google]
1463909688679.jpg
67KB, 611x394px
Why haven't torrent trackers moved to ZeroNet yet?
>>
>>55945232
Just need a torrent site that has a non-shit search option, an UI that doesn't induce vomiting and hosts exclusively magnet links (scare normies away)
>>
>>55945249
>magnet links
If anything, that will make it more appealing, since normies love streamlined process, which in turn would make them more vulnerable to social engineering attacks (or the ol' flashing DOWNLOAD button)
>>
Make one, faggot

i'll make the logo
>>
>>55945316
/g/ in a nutshell
>>
>>55945249
>magnet links
Fuck that, I don't feel like waiting 10 seconds to get torrent info.
>>
File: 2016-08-06-124202_1229x835_scrot.png (119KB, 1229x835px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-06-124202_1229x835_scrot.png
119KB, 1229x835px
>>55945232
There are trackers on ZeroNet.

The real reasons the trackers don't move to ZeroNet is that the ads don't work there, which was the right of existence of the large torrent trackers.
>>
>>55945604
Kek! People really thought those tracker maintainers where altruistic libre software evangelist, and bought in the whole "we just want to share information!" BS.
>>
>>55945232
Don't you need a load of JavaScript tot even go there ?
>>
>>55945232
>ZeroNet
It is impossible to "move" there. Zeronet do not support traditional dynamic websites.
Fuck Zeronet. It is a useless piece of shit. Decentralized p2p can't scale well, security is shit (javascript seriously?), compatibily is even worse (you will need to rewrite all yous sites with their api).
I2P is much better. It was designed espesially for anonymous torrenting and abuse resistant services. Its only problem is lack of users and content. Maybe we should rebrand it and add some fancy material gui?
>>
>>55946913
>Maybe we should rebrand it and add some fancy material gui?

Yes, really. It'll attract tards who'll bring content along with them.
>>
>>55946940
It also attracts loads of issues with it
>>
>>55946960
>loads of issues with
Implying the lost potential is less of a problem?
>>
>>55945818
Well they do,but servers arnt free anon
>>
>>55945232
The service that spies on you even worse than if you were connecting through an unencrypted NSA-hosted VPS? Gee, I sure wonder.
>>
File: zeronet open source botnet.png (37KB, 1383x163px) Image search: [Google]
zeronet open source botnet.png
37KB, 1383x163px
>>55945232
Because security is shit due to requiring you to allow everything for sites along with having no protection against what users can post to existing sites. Also ridiculous tracking (see pic related).
>>
>>55946913
>Zeronet do not support traditional dynamic websites.
Go drool all over yourself somewhere else. I'm sure nearby mental institutions are ready to accept you.
>>
>>55947723 Can it run phpbb?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.