[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amazon now has its own cargo airline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20160804_Amazon_Prime_Air_235.jpg (364KB, 2048x1367px) Image search: [Google]
20160804_Amazon_Prime_Air_235.jpg
364KB, 2048x1367px
Is Amazon too big?

Should it be broken up like Standard Oil or the old AT&T?
>>
In order to qualify as a monopoly, they would have to be the ONLY retailer left in the entire country and you would have to prove that they jacked up their prices after becoming the only option for buying things.
>>
>>55934282
You can have something that's an effective monopoly, which I do believe Amazon is. There is no retail giant as big as Amazon, not even close. And their walled-garden practices (e.g. Kindle only works with Kindle Store) is a bit unnerving. Amazon has, if I believe correctly, been caught jacking up eBook prices in cohorts with Apple, etc. That's why there was a lawsuit a few years ago.
>>
monopolies can only exist with government help.

Even if a company is the only company doing something, that does not mean it is a monopoly. if it is no vigilant, upstarts can arise quickly to take market share. And this happens often. So government should not be hasty in penalizing companies for being successful.
>>
>>55934190
Absolutely not..Saged faggot.
>>
>>55934282
You don't need to be a monopoly to be subject to anti-trust regulations.

Regulators just need to prove that you are big enough to manipulate prices or single-handedly stamp out competition by threatening the competition's suppliers.
>>
>>55934282
>In order to qualify as a monopoly, they would have to be the ONLY retailer left in the entire country
Are you retarded? You do know that Microsoft was broken up for being a monopoly, right?
>>
>>55934312
>>>/mises.org/
>>
>>55934312
This is what Ancaps actually believe.
>>
>>55934325
>You do know that Microsoft was broken up for being a monopoly, right?

Um, no?
>>
>>55934312
So deluded

I don't blame you though, you're eating the lies fed to you by the very guys who want unrestricted monopolies.
Turns out the super-rich pour a lot of money into marketing the idea that government is bad and the free market solves everything.

Read some history and go look what the free market did to british india
>>
trust busting is soooo 20th century
this is the government-corporate alliance monopoly era
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.