[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minix thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 200px-Minix3.jpg (13KB, 200x268px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Minix3.jpg
13KB, 200x268px
Minix thread
>>
ok
>>
Alright.
>>
File: i want to fug that.jpg (55KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
i want to fug that.jpg
55KB, 542x616px
>dat squirrel
>>
>>55932737

the source code is quite interesting, worth a read if you're an intermediate C nigga.
>>
>>55932737
Interesting idea, won't mind seeing it get more support as it could offer some cross competition.

However after getting robbed by a guy in a Raccoon mask, bitten and clawed by a Raccoon, and having my company accuse me of theft (which was later shown to be a Raccoon, but it was still a nasty HR deal). I have to question this, solely on person judgment based on their mascot.
>>
>>55932737
go home tanenbaum microkernels suck!!
>>
>>55935949
It's what everyone would have run instead of linux if tannenbaum hadn't been threatened with being dragged to court over the license.
>>
>>55936060
That's not true, it would've been BSD.
>>
i like minix
>>
>>55937436
i disagree. i mean, maybe. i think the bsd community was too fragmented. that's why linux was successful. linux is fragmented but not in the same way. everybody is still using the same core code base.
>>55935949
microkernels are the bomb u muddafugga stfu
desu i think linux's biggest flaw is that it's monolithic. there are tradeoffs but i like microkernels personally
>>
>>55937854
i did not type desu intentionally
please do not confuse me for weeaboo trash
pls
>>
>>55937868
>I did not type desu intentionally
Well, your newfagginess explains your ignorance.
>>
>>55937854
Actually, Linux was successful, in part, because it was written from scratch and therefore did not suffer from intellectual property issues that Minix and other Unix derivatives (which actually used some BSD code) did. Another factor leading to Linux's success was its being licensed under the GPL.

A little off topic, but the reason HURD took off was because Stallman and the rest of the FSF/GNU project stopped active development once Torvalds GPL'd Linux, and Linux and GNU were ported to each other. Once Linux became the libre kernel for the FSF, there was no need to complete another one.
>>
>>55933899
Thats a raccoon dumbass
>>
>>55937436
BSD was also having legal issues at the time
>>
>>55938883
are you telling me /g/ places desu into my damn posts
what the actual fuck
this doesn't happen on any other board i use
...i think
>>
Has anybody used Tenenbaum's text book?
I was thinking of going through it to teach myself os design
>>
>>55932737
>Minix
lmao this is what happens to Linux without the blessings of GNU
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.