[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF I hate Apple now!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 44

File: image.jpg (43KB, 1072x323px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 1072x323px
WTF I hate Apple now!
>>
oh woah is the general tide of /g/ liking apple turning??!???!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?
>>
Wow ive hated appel for years!
>>
innovation
>>
This no headphone jack shit is retarded. Tried bluetooth phones, they die at the worst possible time, and more adapters such. Nobody except a couple of tech bloggers and Apple thought that the iPhone was too thick and that removing the headphone jack was a worthwhile endeavor.
>>
>>55930659
>implying it won't ship with an adapter
>implying it wasn't done on an android phone first
>>
>>55930683
name one android phone
>>
>>55930695
Moto Z
Moto Z Force

>>55930683
>implying an adapter is the answer to the problem that's posed
>implying you can listen to music while charging
>implying Bluetooth won't just drain the battery even more as it's charging
>implying you're not just a whore that settles for subpar products
>implying implications
>>
>>55930695
LeEco
>>
>>55930748
>Moto Z
>Moto Z Forc
literally fake iphone
>>55930760
>LeEco
literally fake iphone
>>
>>55930748
The best answer is wireless headphones, hombre. Subpar technology is an audio jack that's nearly a century old.
>>
>>55930682
i don't see any reason not to push for maximum thinness, but i do agree that losing the headphone jack was cutting off the nose to spite the face. i would prefer a thicker iPhone if it meant all that extra space went to a bigger battery.

i'm only posting this because my frustration with/dislike of apple isn't some blind brand zealotry, grasping for new excuses every day; i just don't see the benefit of this change, and i'm pretty sure i would prefer alternative ways of getting what i want (e.g. better battery life - if that is the driving motivation here, and the rumors suggest it is).

>>55930783
please don't be such an obnoxious faggot. phones in the camp we like do stupid shit as well. admitting that won't cause you to melt or your brain to explode.
>>
>>55930842
I own an iPhone 6 (work, personal is a Moto X Pure) and this will be my last iPhone if future models don't come with 3.5mm jacks. I hear the corporate integration of the Android phones is far better than it used to be.
>>
>>55930839
>a century old standard that literally everyone and their grandmother has used
>lol let's get rid of it for the noodle armed faggots that review our shit on youtube
Getting rid of practical technology for muh thin muh sleek is retarded and if you support it, you're a kikecocksucker.
>>
>>55930839
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

There are USB type c headphones out now, though the charging thing I could see as an argument I suppose. But unless you're carrying around power packs with you, you're plugged into a wall. So just go listen to your fucking music on your computer.
>>
>>55930682
>no headphone jack
>couldn't even presume they had that before
Anon it's what you wanted. You've been willfully locked in to their ecosystem. Deal with it like the moron you are.
>>
File: 26-old-relative.jpg (36KB, 740x493px) Image search: [Google]
26-old-relative.jpg
36KB, 740x493px
>>55930659
>>55930682

Fuck, I wish old people would die already.

You guys are holding back society.
>>
>>55930903
What does the analog conversation in USB headphones?
Are there regular pinouts for analog sound?
>>
>>55930882
It must be hard to post on 4chan with an acoustic coupling modem.
>>
>>55930839
>DA FOOTURE
>>
>>55930912
do you REALLY need thinner iPhone? are you retarded or underage?
>>
>>55930936
Is it really thinner?
>>
>>55930923
>implying all subsequent iterations of modems weren't clearly better
That's the thing, if there was a clear and obvious advantage to using Bluetooth over 3.5, I'd go for it.

>muh wireless is an advantage tho
It's not at all discernible from analog. Fuck it.
>>
>>55930860
i have a samsung galaxy s4 google edition from ~2013 i guess, right around when it came out. the promise from google was that it would be treated just about like a nexus phone (which, at the time, seemed to be the best bet in terms of getting updates quickly and getting them for several years).

the SGS4GE didn't get marshmallow over the air and definitely isn't getting nougat. the corresponding iPhone from that time (the iPhone 5S came out a few months later, but let's go with the 5) is still on the list for getting the next iOS update. there's no indication that they'll drop it for iOS 11, but even if we assume they do, that's still 2 extra years of "from the horse's mouth" continued updates without me having to go mess with custom ROMs.

so i've been burned by google, specifically android, and what has felt to me like a frantic propensity to drop support of devices to try and stay nimble. that can get/has gotten very frustrating, and has made me lose trust in android as a platform. i don't feel like i see android settling down and while that might be exciting if you plan on upgrading every year or two, i'm really content with a smartphone that i don't feel obligated to replace after 2 or 3 or even 4 years.

i'll grant that google services integration in my s4 was *much* better than in my iPhone 6, but the continuity between os x and iOS is getting really compelling - as in, overwhelmingly so.
>>
Who the fuck cares? It's an iPhone. No sane being will ever buy it
>>
>>55930959
sound quality isn't the sole criterion for headphones, and it sure as fuck shouldn't even be in the top 3 for headphones you're using with a smartphone.

if you're an audiophile and you care a lot about fidelity, fine, but don't pretend you'll be satisfied with anything less than tube amps and shit. and that's clearly not the use case apple (or any smartphone maker) is going after.
>>
>>55930839
ASSUMING the low bitrate problem is solved in some way, this still leaves
>needs recharging
>has an inferior DAC and amp that cannot be bypassed
>more expensive for the same quality(and as of now, WORSE quality) due to the reasons above. Oh and getting rid of the jack doesn't get rid of phone's DAC and amp - speakers aren't going anywhere any time soon. You pay more for worse experience. Fits Apple to be honest familia.
>>
>>55930995
You're right. But that would imply that CEOs and other phone designers are sane.
It's all about copying apple, didn't you know?
>>
File: images.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>55930912
>>
>>55930995
tell us more about your keen psych insights about ~beings~.
>>
>>55931001
What the fuck are you even talking about?

I just don't want my existing technology to become obsolete for some retarded reason, but apparently you can only think of things in terms of old and new, audiophile or not. Fuck off. If you want to waste your money going wireless, go right ahead.

>sound quality shouldn't even be in the top 3 for headphones
So what should be? Oh, please, wise spender of money. Please tell me how my purchasing choices are retarded.
>>
>>55930919
The headphones themselves have a dac. It's no different than regular USB headphones for your computer, just a smaller port.
>>
>>55931002
>needs recharging
welcome to literally everything in our lives. people bitched about this when smartphones became more popular as everyday devices, when we started using tablets instead of e-readers more, when smartwatches started replacing watches, etc...

all this shit requires recharging. it's obnoxious. whatever camp has held out because of this is barely affecting anyone's bottom line (if at all)

>inferior DAC
so far the reasoning appears to be that DACs will be built for the headphones, which means more tailored DACs, which will (ostensibly) be good. if you're an audiophile who cares a lot about the audio quality coming out of your smartphone, then
1) what the fuck are you?
2) you will almost certainly be able to buy a standalone DAC at whatever price point you want to satisfy your troubling needs.

>more expensive for the same/worse quality
yes, welcome to literally all companies fucking us forever since forever ago.

>speakers aren't going anywhere any time soon
chromecast audio, apple's cast tech, etc... are rendering these obsolete. or is your argument that apple is uncharacteristically dropping support for ubiquitous technology? because i'd like you to go look for the shitstorm /g/ had over the MBA's initial debut.

>Fits Apple to be honest familia
i have no clue what you're trying to say here. is this some dog whistle to signal to redditors or something?
>>
This is the year to get a 6S lads.
>>
so if iphone users have to buy lightning headphones, how will they plug their lightning headphones into their macs?

Will they need a 2nd dongle?
>>
>>55931099
Sounds expensive and dumb, with little room for expandability.

>people will eat this up
>>
>>55931063
i think it's really clever of you to quote just the first part of my sentence and deliberately leave out the part about the smartphone, since that would make your argument pretty obviously retarded.
>>
>>55931002
If you're listening to music on your phone you don't give a shit about audio quality in the first place, it's about portability and convenience.
>>55931113
Blue. Tooth.
>>
>>55931063
You have headphones? That's wild, so do I!
You'll probably be able to buy a DAC. If you care about audio quality, you almost certainly have one already, so the concept shouldn't be that foreign to you.
>>
>>55931136
so you're implying that all lightning headphones will have bluetooth too? Because that's not true

>2 dongles required
>>
>>55930659
>>55931063
If you don't want your tech to become obsolete every other year you just shouldn't buy Apple. The company is notorious for removing and changing ports for no good reason and charging 20€ for simple adapter cables.

>Apple being Apple
>>
File: 3970.jpg (48KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
3970.jpg
48KB, 620x372px
>>55931147
not him, but how many headphones are you going to buy?

i figure *if* i buy new headphones, they'll be bluetooth headphones that allow me to connect to the device if necessary. the QC35 illustrate this concept with a 3.5mm jack that Bose obnoxiously (but predictably) botched with a proprietary jack on the headphone side (if i remember reading reviews correctly).

bluetooth headphones that can plug in to the phone and either charge and/or work as "wired" headphones seems fine to me. stop getting triggered over dongles.
>>
>>55931118
The 2 ear buds I seen with a quick search were 200$. It'll drop in price as it becomes more standardized. As far as over ear headphones and on ear they typically have a removable cable. So you could just get a micro USB - the USB c cable and problem solved.
>>
>>55930659
The Iphone is thin enough. I need more battery time
>>
>>55931015

Even your jokes are old gramps. die already
>>
File: fuck.jpg (6KB, 169x251px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
6KB, 169x251px
>>55930659

I remember having a Motorola Razr with no 3.5mm jack. You had to use the supplied mini-usb headphones. It was hell if they broke because you couldn't just use any other pair of the ubiquitous 3.5mm kind.

Apple is taking the industry right back to those shitty days and the rest of the fucking sheep companies will probably copy them. Fuck em.
>>
>>55931199
reason ain't gonna get you anywhere with zealots. someone brought up the moto z and a zealot literally dismissed it despite being the exact same principle/issue.

zealots are not rational.
>>
>>55931131
You said two things.
>1. Audio quality isn't what matters in headphones
Go ahead, tell me what matters.
>2. Audiophiles would be the ones to cling onto analog audio, and they use exorbitant snake oil to listen to music
This would imply that I'm not already satisfied with my phone's audio and that I don't use a simple headphone + phone setup. But that's exactly what I do, I just don't see a good reason for going wireless and completely getting rid of 3.5.
I'm concerned that if apple starts doing this shit, everyone else will follow, excluding moto who have already done it.

I still don't think you'll be able to come up with more criteria for headphones though, I'm assuming you're some sort of shill. Probably do it for free as well.
>>
>>55930912
In what way?

A phone has two functions:
phone calls and catching poke memes.
If it can't do either, what the fuck are you paying so much for it?

Without the headphone jack, you cannot use it with those cheap headsets that let you take calls, you can't hear music while running, you can't hear music with high quality headphones.

Maybe all those things are obsolete.

Maybe wireless is a good replacement.
Maybe this is a needed push so we can get innovation in wireless sound systems.
But wireless and wired connections can coexist if you were worried about innovation.
>>
>>55931189
so are you going to charge these headphones with the lightning port from your phone? Or will you carry a 2nd cable to charge it through something that's actually available like USB?

sounds like utter shit. Can't wait to see the markup on these products for the lightning connector royalty
>>
>>55931106
>all this shit requires recharging
Wired headphones don't.
>DAC
Did you miss the part where I said you can't bypass the built-in DAC and amp or something?
>yes, welcome to literally all companies fucking us forever since forever ago.
With wired I don't overpay for what I won't use(because there's literally nothing I won't use).
>chromecast audio, apple's cast tech, etc
And you're carrying it all in your pocket, right? Phone's buil-in speakers, man. You know, for calls, alarms, etc.
>>55931136
>he doesn't have noise isolating plugs
And wireless headphones are less portable anyway - you have to recharge them.
>>
>>55931222
but that's actually impossible. we have wireless specs that handle audio reasonably well, and better iterations of bluetooth are in the pipeline. so worst case scenario is that you'll be stuck using a standardized wireless protocol to use your headphones. pairing devices is hellish, but nowhere near as bad as proprietary headphone plugs were.

and even if they try to push a wire standard on us, we're talking about a bifurcated de facto standard: either lightning or USB type C. smartphones are moving to type C and there's virtually no chance that manufacturers will introduce a proprietary port for audio. they'll push on that type C port being the vector for audio devices. that's not ideal, but it's a far cry from proprietary audio jack hell.

stop being so fucking melodramatic. you're not helping.
>>
>>55931222
you literally contradicted yourself.

bluetooth is everywhere, not like your dumb motorola headphones
>>
>>55931236
Not that sadcunt but what really matters to normies these days in headphones is overdone bass and the fashion behind some, ie beats by dre
>>
>>55931275

Then you have the DAC problem being left up to headphone manufacturers instead of a single solution (ie. Apple's). Then you have replacing actual good headphones people own already just because for not enough justifiable improvement for the expense. Wireless entails having to charge fucking heaphones along with everything else these days plus added battery drain using bluetooth which means less battery life on the phone requiring even more charging.

So stop being a fucking apologist, you aren't helping.
>>
>>55930659
It was a stupid decision. The devices don't need to be made thinner. On top of that, wireless headphones are just something else to charge.
>>
Apple owners will carry:
>lightning to 3.5mm dongle
>lightning splitter for audio and charging dongle
>usb to lightning dongle so they'll work on computers
>Tim Cook's 10" dongle in their ass
>>
>>55931281

Fuck bluetooth. Added power drain plus having to now replace already good headphones with some stupid wireless crap that will require charging. Fuck off.
>>
>>55930659
the ipod touch is thinner than the iphone 6S but it still has a headphone port.
>>
>>55931347

kek, BTFO
>>
>>55931236
are you honestly retarded or is your internet cutting out and not loading the rest of that line and inexplicably picking up again to load the rest of the page? what's going on here?

audio quality on smartphones has never been very good. no high quality headphones have drawn out everything that you could get from an audio file through the DAC in smartphones. they're all pretty shitty. if you ever cared about audio quality, you would have owned a separate DAC and, more importantly, you wouldn't be having listening sessions piped through your phone.

smartphones are, for 90% of consumers, vehicles to stream shitty 128kbps audio from spotify.

for a lot of people, headphones just need to not get in the way (e.g. tangled cables) and to have some controls over the home device (pause, play, volume up/down, etc...). if you replaced 90% of people's earbuds with high quality earbuds in identical packaging, they wouldn't notice that they were using higher quality earbuds. a lot of them are just blasting this shit on the subway or bus to avoid talking to people on their commutes.

you've clearly decided at the outset that you're going to demand high audio fidelity from your smartphone and perhaps that you won't be okay with anything apple does (even if on paper the moto z was first through the door on this mistake). why should i take you any more seriously than a frothing zealot if you're dismissing me as a shill (as if literally anyone cares whether /g/ hates apple or loathes them).
>>
>>55931236
>expecting reasonable answers from people that claim that a device designed to play music should't play it good
Some people just prefer form over function. They can't be helped.
>>
>>55931407
>128kbps audio from spotify
Spotify and GPM stream at 320k

Apple is ~256k
>>
File: 1263405680675.jpg (171KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1263405680675.jpg
171KB, 1280x1024px
All the retard Apple cult members will lap this up. Apple will say they have revolutionized everything again by being the first to remove a golden standard of audio technology. I mean, come on! It's not as if everyone is not already using the 3.5mm jack just fine already. Noooooo. It's not as if Apple's iPhone is already slated to be less successful going forward because the market it saturated and profits are now going to dry up - they can't surely need some other very necessary revenue stream like selling people headphones that they already own but with a different connector (that Apple will surely replace again in the future like they always do just to sell you more shit). But also, they can sell to those that do not want to "upgrade" their headphones by supplying an adapter to use what was already standard. Wew.

Fuck Apple and all its users. Choke on a dick.
>>
>>55930943
yeah the old version was 7.3mm thick and this one is 7.2
>>
>>55930839
>>55930912
>>55930923
>>55931001
>>55931136
>>55931205
>>55931281
t. apple shill that's okay with removed ports that are standardized
>>
>>55931468
W O W A W H O L E 0.3 M M
>>
>>55931468
Does the removal of the 3.5mm jack only make it 0.1mm thinner or does it make room for anything else in the phone?
>>
File: Bose_QC_20_7.jpg (165KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bose_QC_20_7.jpg
165KB, 1200x800px
>>55931320
wow super clever how you reflect my own rhetoric back at me. it's almost like you're clever, but you don't have to do anything annoying like think about how to argue a point.

the consensus around DACs is that they should be built around headphones. yes, there will be shitty, cheap headphones with crappy DACs built in. if you want better audio quality, you'll be able to buy higher end headphones with more finely tuned DACs. or if you want, you can buy a DAC and keep using your existing headphones. this isn't rocket science.

the charging panic is one we have with literally every new device category. people panicked about smartphones because it meant now we had 1 battery spanning our PMPs, phones, etc...; people panicked about tablets because it added yet another thing we would need to charge; people panicked about smartwatches because it was yet another thing that we used to only need to charge occasionally (or for which we needed to replace the batteries every once in a while).

i have a fucking 10-port usb power hub on my desk because shit has gone crazy out of hand. but noise canceling headphones and earbuds established this beachfront years ago. you're acting like this is all new to you - maybe it is, to you, but it's not new.
>>
>>55931499
try again
>>
>>55931510
>wow super clever how you reflect my own rhetoric back at me. it's almost like you're clever, but you don't have to do anything annoying like think about how to argue a point.

tl:dr

Cry more.
>>
>>55931499
>>55931525
how do i into basic math
>>
>>55931444
spotify's default rate is 160 and higher settings aren't even available unless you pay for premium service. many people i've spoken to who pay for premium aren't even aware of the difference because it's not automatically enabled (and they clearly aren't noticing enough to go looking for the option to improve audio quality).

most audio consumers are not discerning. they're neither predisposed to it nor in situations that cause them to stop and wonder why their audio quality sounds subpar. that's the point. nitpicking the numbers is missing the point.
>>
>>55931500
The battery is bigger too, but I will definitely miss the headphones Jack is my phone doesn't have one...
>>
>Apples users in this thread would rather have lightning only rather than lightning + a 3.5mm jack

>literally asking for a feature to be removed

you can't make this shit up
>>
>>55931551
did you manage to read the rest of the post or did you need to take a break to cry? i feel like i was pretty even-handed with you till now, but if you're just breaking down i don't want to follow you into this childish back and forth.
>>
>>55931510
>it's almost like you're clever, but you don't have to do anything annoying like think about how to argue a point.

Hilarious. You ignore all his points and continue being an ignoramus. Projecting much?

Fuck off you shill.
>>
>>55931592

Still here? I think your mommy is calling you, sperg fucker.
>>
>>55930659
>2016
>wired headphones
>>
>>55931587
i don't think anyone is claiming this; i'm personally saying that this isn't the cataclysmic end of the world that melodramatic zealots are trying to make it out to be. it's not unprecedented (moto z) and there are obviously solutions and workarounds to all the apparent problems that arise.

somehow this is being misread as apologists and asking for the feature to be removed. i don't expect zealots to understand nuance, but this is so far off the mark that i wonder if you people are literate or just looking for key words to signal if people agree with your shit-throwing.
>>
>>55931625

This is what a stupid person thinks being rational sounds like.
>>
>>55931619
>>55931601
do try to read a whole multi-paragraph post. you'll see a pretty thoughtful, comprehensive argument being laid out and you might even find that you agree with some parts of it.

acting like a faggot isn't constructive, and i'm not sure if you think you're convincing anyone, but you're certainly not on this end.

if you can articulate a more substantive argument than "fuck off you shill" i might even be open to being convinced
>>
>>55931625
>there are obviously solutions and workarounds to all the apparent problems that arise.
no workarounds are acceptable. Lenovo shat all over the Moto Z and the world laughed
>>
>>55931633
look dude, i can't help if you're a retard who only sees things in black and white. go stomp around if you need to, but as much as we all want, apple isn't going to go bankrupt because of this, and i've explained why.
>>
>tfw have very sensitive headphones(dual driver BAs) and all other hardware, including "high end" amps, obviously designed for high-ohm headphones has that constant hissing even at the lowest volume
>my shitty phone doesn't
Sure, I had to lower max volume with fauxsound app, but it still is extremely ironic. Especially when there are people saying "sound quality doesn't matter on smartphones". On my laptop I never raise volume above 30%.
>>
>>55931651
can you point to reviews of it where it's been shat on? the overriding adjective i'm seeing in moto z reviews is probably "ambitious". that's hardly a term i would expect to see in a phone that's largely being "shat on".
>>
>>55931695
>ambitious
no. nobody is asking for this.

Maybe the music industry is just so they can implement another layer of DRM
>>
>>55931227
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for it personally. But I don't think it's anywhere near as big of an issue as people make it out to be. USB headphones are in fact nice, and can be manipulated through software and improved with firmware. You gain the benefit of far less signal loss since the analogue signal isn't generated until just before it hits the speakers. You can actually drive down cost on phones (however minimal or even null because much thin) by not having to have a dac and amp in the hardware. It's expensive right now, but so is every new technology ever.

By far the easiest thing to do is just not buy the product if you don't like it. And anyone talking about not being able to use a dac or amp because of this is retarded because it's a fucking portable device to begin with. Not only that, but maybe you should be getting a standalone player if you're that worried about it.
>>
>>55931407
>b-but it's for phones
Fuck off.
Where do you draw the line?
Normalfags only use their $1000+ macs for facebook, so should computer manufacturers use less powerful components and still mark up the price as regular?
Removing features and standards is not okay, it gives consumers less flexibility and forces them into a niche userspace.
If you are okay with that, you're what's ruining western business practices.
>>
>>55931734
yeah, but like i said zealots need to make this the end of the world, or else it's just one shitty thing that everyone is doing to varying extents and it means nothing and has no impact on companies the zealots hate.
>>
>>55931730
do you need me to point to a review that actually uses the word "ambitious"? i think technigger said something along these lines as well, but i'm pretty sure i can find it in print as well.
>>
>>55931016
>he said while trying not to regret his brand loyalty, knowing full well Android and Windows Phone users don't have to deal with shit like this
>>
>>55931772
who the fuck cares what he thinks? Nobody is buying that fucking phone.
>>
>>55931751
if you're keen on high quality audio from your smartphone, then vote with your wallet. you're arguing this as though you're being forced at gunpoint to buy an iPhone. are you? or are you bitching about a phone that you definitely wouldn't have bought anyway?

if apple totally fooled us and announced an iPhone 7 with a 3.5mm jack, it wouldn't be in the running for you for a next phone anyway. so why are you acting like this will HAVE to be your phone and like this will DEFINITELY be the end of the world as we know it?
>>
>>55931808
it just sounded like he was skeptical that people were actually somewhat upbeat about the moto z (and that the 3.5mm jack was hardly the banner for all the things wrong with)
>>
>>55930683
> adapter

What's the point of Apple devices if you have to carry so many adapters?

From the old iMacs to the new Macbooks, all I see is huge cable messes.
>>
>>55931852
Where did you think I'm talking about audio quality?
Show me. I want to see where I'm talking about muh bitrate. No one said jack shit about audiophile quality until you brought it up. In fact, I said that wireless audio sounds the same as 3.5 mm, and because it has no advantage, it's not worth it.
I'm merely concerned about the loss of usability, the loss of preexisting and standard features. I don't care how it sounds, I just want to be able to use what I already have. That was my original point, you're the nigger that bought up audio quality.
And no, I'm not even saying that I'm an iPhone user, I'm just saying that, given how things are, it's very likely that Apple won't be alone in their decision to go digital. I lament this, because ultimately it only hurts users.
>>
>>55930912
i agree anon. baby boomers are cancer on society. because of them our internet infrastructure is shit because dsl speeds is good 'nuff for them. They also created this cultural marxist society they taught in colleges. Boomers deserve hell.
>>
>>55931883
if you drink the apple kool-aid all the way, you buy wireless headphones and charge things at home somewhat infrequently.

if you fully drink the kool-aid and buy a retina macbook, you don't use the type C adapter very much - your devices are all connected to your laptop by bluetooth and whatnot.

apple's vision for how you use technology works really well if you buy in at 100%. if you wade in just waist-deep, the dissonance becomes incredibly frustrating. but all taken together, things like continuity between iOS and watchOS and OS X are all really nice.

the problems are multifold:
1) apple has lost some focus in its vision lately - Don Norman and Bruce Tognazzini (both pretty much leading figures in HCI/UI research/design) have written about this http://www.fastcodesign.com/3053406/how-apple-is-giving-design-a-bad-name

2) you really need to buy in 100%. and that's not easy (or perhaps even doable) given the lack of focus in apple lately.
>>
>>55931949
>Where did you think I'm talking about audio quality?
what was
>>muh wireless is an advantage tho
>It's not at all discernible from analog. Fuck it.
about if not a point about audio quality? were you saying that wireless and analog are not discernible in some other way?
>>
>>55931976
>Apple fans now resorting to kool-aid enemas
>>
File: 1405645365487.jpg (44KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
1405645365487.jpg
44KB, 250x335px
>>55930912
I'm 18 and pissed about the 3.5mm jack's removal you braggart fuck

It's a universal standard for a reason. ALL this does is hurt the consumer
>>
>>55932013
the entire mention of "kool-aid" should have signaled to you that i'm not an apple fan. please try to read with more care.
>>
>>55932002
I dismissed audio quality as an advantage of either of them, you're the one who started saying that analog is for audiphiles.
>>
>>55931976
the macfag i know has to use a lan adapter because his macbook can't into our wifi
despite various pcs and phones having no problem whatsoever
>>
>>55932029
no, i said that there are other criteria that matter that might make wireless headphones appealing.

are we seriously going to do this all over again? i'm not prepared to sit here all day and have the same conversation multiple times in one thread.
>>
File: images.png (3KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
3KB, 225x225px
>>55930695
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Android, is in fact, Adware/Android, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Android plus Adware. Android is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning adware system made useful by the Android corelibs and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by Google.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Adware system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Adware which is widely used today is often called Android, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the adware system, developed by Google.

There really is a Android, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the adware they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other ads that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically adware with Linux added, or Adware/Android plus Linux. All the so called Android systems are really just Adware/Android.
>>
>>55932028
>i'm not an apple fan
didn't imply that you were one. I think there's only one apple user in this thread
>>
>>55932043
yeah this goes back to the kool-aid thing. in a fully mac/apple world he would only be hitting apple branded wifi access points or something.

i'm not saying it's practical, but this is exactly the worldview that apple pushes - a very narrowly defined use case that you stay within 100%. if you want to mix and match, mix and match with other brands, not apple.

again, i'm not an apple fan, but i'm also not frothing at the mouth, so i can see that the proposition they make is a more curated, consistent experience at the cost of the freedom most/all of us want. it's not a trade i would make, but i understand that it is for some people.

again, it's boggling my mind that being able to wrap my head around this marks me as a shill/apple-fag
>>
>>55932051
Well go on, what are the other criteria? You still haven't said what they were. I'd really like to know.
Also, would it hurt to have a 3.5 mm jack? Why are you adamantly defending wireless? Current phones have Bluetooth and I'm not annoyed by them, because they have the choice of using 3.5. I'm only angry that it'll be the only standard in the future.
>>
>>55930659
Why would I wanna buy that shit? iPhone 6s is already very fast and can be used until the world ends
>inb4 apple releases new ios to slow down your phone shitpost
>>
>>55932074
who? i've been the one explaining that this is hardly the end of the world that zealots are making it out to be, even though i'm not going to buy the iPhone 7 if it has no 3.5mm port (and it's looking like that's the case). almost every post i've made since then in this thread has been me trying (and apparently failing) to explain that i can

A) anticipate how apple will seriously try to sell this (i.e. avoiding "LOL IT'S NEW JUST BUY IT"),
B) anticipate how apple will try to ease the transition for people with regular headphones
and
C) not like any of it

somehow /g/ is convinced that earnestly trying to anticipate how apple will market this, and how consumers will make this work for them, is only possible for shills. there's apparently no way i could spend one minute thinking about how to minimize the need for clunky adapters unless i'm a shill.
>>
>>55932114
i honest to god gave a non-comprehensive list of examples in >>55931407
i'm not answering any more questions that constitute me replaying our conversation for you.
>>
>>55932161
Making a real effort to understand people other than yourself is not something autistic people can do, so it befuddles /g/. Stop posting or you'll die of old age answering people in this thread.
>>
>>55931001
>sound quality isn't the sole criterion for headphones
Ok sure, there are other important criteria. Name one that gets improved by this.

>if you're an audiophile and you care a lot about fidelity, fine, but don't pretend you'll be satisfied with anything less than tube amps and shit.
You've never seen a FR, THD or noise graph for a phone because you're spouting memes, but a 150$ Moto G has sound quality good enough to not have audible flaws. Phones have good amps and DACs.
>>
>>55932171
Shit, forgot.

So basically, be unobtrusive?
OK. I can get behind that. I suppose that's something that people look for in headphones. I'll admit, 3.5 isn't your best bet if you get annoyed by things like that.
But does it justify the removal of a standard jack? I mean, I see people using Bluetooth headphones with phones from fucking 2009, so clearly it's something that isn't mutually exclusive from 3.5, right? What kind of message is Apple sending to the rest of phone manufacturers when they get rid of it?
>>
File: 1444859562586.jpg (22KB, 627x626px) Image search: [Google]
1444859562586.jpg
22KB, 627x626px
>>55930912
>people are actually replying to this
>>
>>55930748
The Moto Z doesn't have a headphone jack just because of the rumors about apple getting rid of it. If you think they pulled that idea out of their ass you're being delusional
>>
File: htc-10-8-of-15-840x473.jpg (121KB, 840x473px) Image search: [Google]
htc-10-8-of-15-840x473.jpg
121KB, 840x473px
You guys just enjoying being cucked by shitty companies like applel and samshit, while I'm enjoying the best phone of the year, HTC10
>headphone jack
>USB-C
>NFC/Bluetooth for wireless
>Best DAC ever
Literally all the possibilities in a solid phone.
>>
>>55932289
doesn't even matter desu senpai
motorola did it, apple will do it, everyone else will follow
>>
>>55932235
>Name one
look, you're not understanding that i'm not trying to justify apple's decision. i don't like it either, and i'm not planning on buying an iPhone 7 unless every android manufacturer gets hit by asteroids at the same time. i'm just trying to justify the perspective that this isn't the end of the fucking world. that being said, some immediate benefits that come to mind:
- wireless headphones won't get tangled
- headphones that abandon an analog connection can communicate more data (like configurable DAC settings) back and forth between the device and the peripheral. you see this with the qc35 and some equalizer app that sends changes over bluetooth to the headphones. cheaper wired headphones could do this too, under this premise.

>phones have good amps
good compared to what? dedicated amps? are we ignoring for the moment that we're talking about iPhones and their shitty integrated DACs now being replaced by one that you buy?

you keep insisting some insane premise of this discussion, namely that you have to buy this iphone (you can buy the Moto G if you like it) and that you HAVE to buy apple headphones after this.

Apple is going to be perfectly content selling a license to headphone manufacturers to connect by lightning port, and headphone manufacturers will begrudgingly pay to get access to casual iphone users that don't want a lightning-3.5mm adapter.

if you find yourself with a gun to your head being told that you either need to buy an iphone or eat a bullet, tell that gun-toting macfag to come find me. i'll happily take the bullet for you. but i'm so confident you won't find yourself in that situation that i'm willing to make that deal.
>>
>>55930842
>i don't see any reason not to push for maximum thinness
Whilst naming two in the same paragraph

I'd like me some thinness without any compromise too.
>>
File: 1456521988376.jpg (200KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1456521988376.jpg
200KB, 640x640px
am i the only one that doesn't use that port?
>>
>>55930659
apple and samsung are so out of touch, they're digging their own grave, making way for all the other smartphone makers that have the sense to get their fingerprint sensors from fingerprint cards
>>
>>55932366
I envy you.
>>
>>55932237
no, i totally, 100%, agree that the tangled cord argument isn't sufficient to lose the 3.5mm jack, nor is the other stuff. apple is hugely overstepping here, but i can imagine how the keynote is going to look and that's going to come up. and casual owners are going to nod blankly and be like "yeah, that IS annoying as fuck". and for 90% of people, the audio quality drop going from wired to wireless will go pretty much unnoticed.

i would prefer it if apple released the iphone 7 with the jack but stopped bundling their wired earbuds and started pushing lightning-charged (or whatever) earbuds/headphones for the next 2 years, followed by dropping the jack with the iPhone 8 (or if they really want to be aggressive, the iPhone 7S). basically, get generic pre-bundled apple headphones into circulation so they become somewhat commoditized. but that's not the apple we have in this universe.

i don't think apple will push lightning headphones without *some* token feature that you could have gotten with analog wire (like controls that go beyond volume up/down, etc...). i don't think it'll be compelling enough that i would be sold on it, but i think it'll be something.

i would eat my hat if apple just announced lightning headphones and said "features? no it's literally exactly the same as analog but different". they'll make something up and it'll flimsily be true, like EQ configurations.
>>
>>55932346
sorry, i meant: in principle, all else being equal, i'm in favor of thinner devices. i'm NOT in favor of thinner devices at the expense of other features like battery life and whatnot, but pushing devices uncomfortably to the limits where battery life becomes a real problem seems to be the only way to spur consumer demand for better tech like better batteries.

unfortunately, things don't just magically get much better and then devices get smaller; it usually follows that devices get smaller before they should, and then technology catches up. look at netbooks (gen 1 were shit, but technology caught up), and smartwatches, and smartphones, and tablets, and e-readers, and everything else.

there seems to be a need for a device that's kind of godawful the first time around, just to prove that there's demand for a good version of it with tech that handles better, and then people really push on making it viable.

this is also why it's dangerously stupid to buy first generation products; they're often just feelers to see if there's a market for that product category, so they haven't worked out the kinks yet.
>>
>>55930681
greedy jews who say they can't fit in a 3.5mm because muh space
>>
>>55932471
it's almost definitely truthfully motivated by the opportunity to charge licensing fees. can you fathom how much money apple would make on licensing fees if they just charged a negligible fee to make lightning cable headphones? it'd be fucking enormous

if you're convinced that apple is going to drop headphones and charge *any* licensing fee to use the lightning port, you should probably buy some stock in apple. worst case, you lose a bit of money if the stock doesn't go anywhere. more likely is people will see a huge market for licensing peripherals as generic as headphones, an absolutely enormous market.

there are only two ways that could blow up in your face:
1) if people drop aapl like a hot rock over this (doesn't seem super likely, but guessing investor reactions is like guessing which direction your cat is going to go)

2) if apple drops the lightning port entirely for usb type C (from the pictures it obviously seems like a no, but if the rMB is any indication, they might be coming into line with the rest of the world on this, and that would mean they're giving up that battle). this would actually be a huge win for the world, so even if i lost a lot of money on a bet here i would be pretty happy.
>>
>>55930964
seems like Samsung's fault not android
If you buy nexus and install custom rom, it'd have more lifespan than iPhone. I know it doesn't sound good to hack your phone to get updates, but if you're a power user go with nexus
I have a s4 mini and as soon as lag starts/cyanogenmod updates gets cancelled I will buy nexus, but it's just too early now
>>
File: 547373.png (275KB, 671x376px) Image search: [Google]
547373.png
275KB, 671x376px
>sd slots
>removable battery
>thick phones
>physical keyboards
>headphone jacket
Just how many more things are going to fall victim thanks to retarded modern people?
>>
>>55932590
google advertised it as pretty much equivalent in standing to pure nexus devices. it was sold exclusively through the google play store. all indications were that it would be as supported as one could reasonably expect (and for as long as one could reasonably expect). it got a little over 2 years, which isn't terrible, but again the iPhone 5 is going to receive OTA updates 4 years out.

the custom ROM argument probably holds for the SGS4, but i bought it because it seemed like a reasonable flagship device that also held up as a reasonable "reference device" according to google's own advertising. installing a custom rom means going way off the reservation in terms of using it as a reference device for development.

since the point is that this was supposed to be a device that required relatively little input from me to stay up to date, anything necessitating going off the standard script is a huge negative for me. so i felt burned by the dropped support. as a result, i'm reluctant to make any more bets on longevity with android devices, especially as my daily driver. all the full-throated assurances today don't seem to amount to much obligation on google's side 2 or 3 years out.

as for this being samsung's fault rather than android, this leaves me with the problem of questioning which manufacturers i'm supposed to implicitly trust more readily. again, google took ownership of the SGS4GE by exclusively selling it through their store. how is their commitment to that any weaker than the nexus 6?
>>
>>55932652
>physical keyboards
Make no sense unless you're a texting whore. And if you are your opinion doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>55930682
The only thing thicker than an iPhone is a iPhone user.
>>
>>55930659
>classic image.jpg
>>
Still isn't enough to make me switch to Shitdroid.
>>
>>55931275
we have wireless specs that handle audio reasonably well

Reasonably well is not fucking good. The only thing this stupid shit accomplishes is helping various city niggers steal phones easier.
>>
As someone who rarely listens to music on his phone I applaud this decision. The advantage of losing wires far outweighs whatever the disadvantages may be.

In 10 years time wired headphones will be looks back upon like VHS is now.
>>
>>55932967
well the music most normies listen to is pop radio shit so having even low level audio quality is good enough.
>>
File: 1128941065236.jpg (14KB, 455x252px) Image search: [Google]
1128941065236.jpg
14KB, 455x252px
I don't think I'll ever buy wired headphones again and I welcome our new Bluetooth overlords. That said, I don't see how this concerns anyone but self-proclaimed audiophiles and poor people who, let's be honest, shouldn't spend their money on Apple products anyway. If you don't like it, just buy a different phone - it's that easy! Or an adapter, if you're that desperate. I honestly don't care how thick my phone is and I'd take more battery life for less thinness every day, yet I *still* don't need the headphone jack because it a fucking phone and you're using it wrong if you insist on anything but earphones to go along with it. Get a MiniDisc player if you really need to listen to lossless music on the bus.
>>
What if they moved the 3.5 mm jack, put it on the top and this is just a prank or a way to see how people would respond to its removal?
However if this is actually true, then applel is just digging its grave intentionally because it can't do shit after Steve died.
First we were bombarded with the shitty wireless mouse with the charging port strategically placed below and now this.
As for people arguing that it's a good riddance, they're just weakening their argument by defending this shitty move so badly.
Also, health hazards of prolonged usage of Bluetooth headsets? Is it actually a thing?
>>
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

TIM KEK COOK
>>
>>55933321
Lol. Just use the lightning port. We knew this was happening when those beats phones with lightning jacks started being sold.

Apple knows people won't switch to Bluetooth shit.
>>
>>55933321
>moved the 3.5 mm jack, put it on the top

Wait....Apple put them on the BOTTOM????
>>
>>55930964
Flash CM.
>>
tech bagatels should have its own containment board
>>
>>55932366
>am i the only one that doesn't use that port?

Yes.

If you never use headphones you should at least use one of these.
>>
File: 1436473107206.png (529KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
1436473107206.png
529KB, 700x467px
>>55933421
Yes, because that's where it belongs. Don't tell me you actually *want* it at the top?
>>
>>55930936
You can always be thinner... (lol try telling /g that though right! ;) ;) )
>>
>>55933488
it should be at the top, pointing to the side, and then you have a right angle plug so the connector sits along the edge of the device
>>
File: 1465921099842.png (234KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1465921099842.png
234KB, 808x805px
>tfw all other companies is going to do the same cuz Apple did it
>>
>>55933477
DOES THAT WORK WITH IOS9
>>
>>55933570
yeah, why can't phone makers figure that out?
>>
>>55933624
I don't know.

Wouldn't be surprised if Apple cucked its users out of using them.
>>
>>55933570
>you have a right angle plug
Uh... no I don't. If the phone's in my pocket, it'll sit top-down, so it's facing the right way when I pull it out. In this position, the cable will go straight up to my headphones and doesn't bend too much which will prevent it from breaking (early). You might not like it but there's a clear philosophy behind the design.
>>
>>55933668
>Uh... no I don't.
because you use the garbage tier applel earbuds
>>
File: fv_iphone_7_render_top.jpg (103KB, 800x765px) Image search: [Google]
fv_iphone_7_render_top.jpg
103KB, 800x765px
>androidauthority.com/tag/apple-iphone-7/feature-leak
>Apparently the iPhone line will have several new models
>iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Pro, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 7 Pro Plus
>With the Pro models you can download over 100MB files from the App Store even on LTE, a feature welcomed by many Europeans who can now enjoy their fast unlimited LTE networks
>Pro models also have a 3.5mm audio jack and a increased battery capacity up from 2500mAh on the iPhone 7 to 3000 mAh on the 7 Pro giving them almost half a day of normal use without charging
>>
>>55933796
>With pro models you can download over 100mb files from the app store
Literally what?
>>
>>55933796
nu-apple is fucking crazy, you're supposed to have only one or two choices so the average dumb chick can figure out which one is for her
>>
>>55933796
>almost half a day of normal use

>this is considered good in 2016
>>
>>55933699
I don't even unpack earbuds that come with a phone/whatever.
>>
>>55933826
I assume they mean over 100MB/s
>>
File: ios7_100mb_limit.jpg (108KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
ios7_100mb_limit.jpg
108KB, 1280x854px
>>55933826

iOS does not let you download over 100MB files without WiFi. You can only circumvent this warning by jailbreaking and voiding warranty. This limitation includes OS updates. It includes every type of file, not just apps from the app store.
>>
>>55933853
No. See >>55933879
>>
>>55933879
>>55933896

That is fucking retarded.
>>
>>55933879
>iOS does not let you download over 100MB files without WiFi
You're not serious, right ?
I don't have an iPhone, never had one and probably never will, but this is a whole new level of sad if true.
>>
File: 9¹90187171.jpg (368KB, 643x936px) Image search: [Google]
9¹90187171.jpg
368KB, 643x936px
>>55930659
Good. Analog is outdated.

Do we still use CRT TVs? Nope.
We use digital now.

Digital audio is the next step.
>>
>>55930659

>Apple releases spec for new phone
>start reading specs
"oh neat Thunderbolt"
>keep reading
"hmm, cant seem to find any other ports listed on this spec sheet, I'll try another site."
>keep searching
>get to the realization that the new shiggy diggy phone only has that one Thunderbolt XD port
>one port
>one proprietary port
>no usb-c
>it's 2016

I hated them before, now I hate them a little more.
>>
>>55933879
is this true? is this only for ameriburgers?
>>
>>55934009
its for everyone, anon
>>
>>55933952

>analog audio is outdated

The Lord Almighty Himself would not be able to distinguish between analog audio signal and digital, you mongrel of a cretin.
>>
>>55930695

HTC Magic, first android device available in europe.
>>
>>55930662
Savage af
>>
As long as it has good battery life like they rumors, Im fine with it.
>>
>>55933952

"Let's fix audio signal! Convert to digital!"

"Why?"

"Because analog is outdated kawaii desu-nii XD shiggy diggy lulz Kappa senpai!"

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is.
>>
>>55930964
Work pays for me to get a new phone every two years and there are areas (e.g. multitasking, real filesystem, interaction between apps, third party keyboards that don't crash non-stop, etc.) that Android is already a million times better in. Meanwhile I get my third major iOS update and my iPhone becomes a sluggish piece of shit (which is why I upgraded from the 4S to the 5S and the 5S to the 6).

>>55930904
I did it because when I joined my company Exchange integration with Android phones was hot garbage. Not because I really wanted an iPhone.
>>
>>55934077
the first android device in europe was the HTC dream/T-mobile G1
also HTC had a habit of using their USB ports for headphones.and it was also common to find 2.5mm jacks on windows mobile devices.
>>
>>55930839
>Let's get rid of something that works and place it with something that is worse because it's old lol
>>
>>55934096
yeah sure that 50-100 mah increase is totally going to up your battery life to last 10 days more!
>>
>>55930683
>implying it wasn't done on a windows mobile phone long before android and ios came to the market
>>
>>55932883
iPhone users may be thick, but are they thicc?
>>
>>55934259
They are also rumored to be focusing on battery life on the A10 development. So it could be a significant increase actually.

For me pretty much the only downside of having no 3.5Jack would be not being able to changer while listening to music, so if there is a significant increase in battery life I'm ok with it.
>>
>>55934038
how can anyone accept to be so cucked
>>
>>55933952
i hope you're trolling
audio has to be analog eventually
it's not like a LCD where it stays digital
audio always end up analog
there's no reason to keep it digital outside of the phone
>>
>>55934179
Those ancient Nokia's also used proprietary connectors for audio.

It was horrible.
>>
>>55934308
Who are you kidding? really?

You forgot the fact that it's going even thinner. Cpu shrink is not that big either.

Bluetooth is going to fuck many people over thinking they are going to have that "extra" battery life.
>>
>>55934371
>it's not like a LCD where it stays digital

>pixels on an LCD screen are digital
shit man.
>>
>>55934373
pop-port and did sony ericsson.
>>
>>55933952
well how are you going to get all that digital data in your fucking ears you moron
>>
>He doesn't have digital ears
>>
>>55934382
Does Bluetooth consume more or less power than driving a pair of headphones?
>>
>>55934382
>You forgot the fact that it's going even thinner.
But the battery is bigger. Its not that much thinner that it will affect battery life.

Consumption from the A10 is more important. If it is significantly smaller battery life will be better.

Also, Bluetooth 5
>>
>>55934407
a lot more, headphones require like 10-100mV and the current is near non-existant
>>
File: vcA4BfMLnz8F.jpg (468KB, 2048x1440px) Image search: [Google]
vcA4BfMLnz8F.jpg
468KB, 2048x1440px
>>55930659
>not hating apple b4
lurk more newfriend
>>
>tfw /g/ is supposed to be a technology board but it's really just a bunch of luddites
Face it /g/, 3.5mm jacks are going away, windows 10 will be used by the vast majority of people, no one cares about your old duel core XP era thinkpad running arch. You can't stop the future.
>>
Where did the "WTF I hate X now!" start?
>>
File: HTC-One-M10.jpg (29KB, 590x452px) Image search: [Google]
HTC-One-M10.jpg
29KB, 590x452px
>>55931139
HTC M10 has a discrete sound processor and a DAC and the phone jack is gold plated.
Also stereo speakers by Bose.
Also it plays 24 bit lossless formats.

Check and mate, apple poorfags.
>>
I wonder if they will also remove jacks from ipads and macs
>>
>>55932366

Yes. How can you never use the headphone port. Hell I turn my old phones into mp3 players for running.

And getting rid of the port means you have to buy &50.00 bluetooth shit instead of a $5 pair.
>>
You're all retards.
If you're an applefag just suck it up and bend over like the faggot you are.
If you're not an applefag this should not matter to you.
>>
>>55934573
>Also it plays 24 bit lossless formats.
Which, by the virtue of glorious Android architecture, get converted to 16bit 44.1KHz unless you use a player that uses custom USB driver to send the audio data unchanged to an external DAC(default USB audio on Android converts audio as well). So, nice literal placebo you got here.
>>
>>55934407
you know how having wi-fi turned on heats up your device and drains the battery? it's like that but on a smaller scale
>>
>>55934787
>Which, by the virtue of glorious Android architecture, get converted to 16bit 44.1KHz unless you use a player that uses custom USB driver to send the audio data
No. it's implemented by default through the boomsound driver. The whole point of HTC m10 is high fidelity direct sound.
>>
>>55934570
It's a trump meme iirc
>>
File: 1629611.jpg (615KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1629611.jpg
615KB, 2448x3264px
>>55934787
Stay in denial, applfag
>The HTC 10 uses a stand-alone DAC as well as headphone amp
> http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10-audio-testing-boomsound-evolved
>We use a discrete DAC (not one on the SoC) in addition to the amp and have done a ton of PCB engineering to insure the best possible signal-to-noise ratio.
>>
>>55934815
Either doesn't work(most likely, despite what you are told), or works in a single application(like Samsung did with gear vr to bypass 60fps limit). Applications don't even have access to ALSA functions, let alone directly use some driver for audio playback, it always passes through Android OS first.
>>55935127
Not the first phone to do that. None of them is able to utilize that DAC to its fullest.
>>
>>55930912
Old people will still outlive your shitty iPoop
>>
>>55934573
there is no M10 it's the 10 and that's a picture of the one A9.
>>55934647
not just that if you want wired headphones you're stuck with using them with that phone and they just be another electronic item with planned obsolescence rather than being something which could last 30-40 years.
>>
>>55935157
>None of them is able to utilize that DAC to its fullest.
You have no idea what you are talking about.
HAL configuration and audio_policy.confshould will show that it is able to produce 24bit.
>>
>>55930659
At least it's ""usable"" when it's charging unlike the iMouse but given the rate at which the battery depletes in Bluetooth mode, you'd have to be in constant charging
>>
>>55935127
>audio_policy.conf
Only shows what the device is ABLE to play. Audioflinger will convert it all to 16bit 44.1KHz,
>>
24bit audio lol
>>
File: 1626746.png (34KB, 726x469px) Image search: [Google]
1626746.png
34KB, 726x469px
>>55935423
>https://www.qualcomm.com/news/snapdragon/2016/06/02/qualcomm-aqstic-sets-new-standard-audiophiles

>The Qualcomm Aqstic audio codec has an integrated DAC (Digital-to-Analog) converter that supports up to 192-kHz/24-bit playback. This is a high-resolution standard that recording studios use to master tracks—it’s how you produce that pure listening experience that satisfies even the most sophisticated ears.

>The Aqstic audio codec also supports dual oscillators; the dual-clock design supports sampling frequencies 44.1kHz and 48kHz independently so your music files can be processed at native sampling rates without any conversion.

Add to that their separate DAC/AMP, and boomsound HAL modifications.
Also, they have Japan Audio Society approval for that.
>>
>>55930659
>"DAILY REMINDER 3.5mm JACK IS WHY SMARTPHONES ARE SO THICK" THREAD SPAM IN 2015
>NOW THIS IN 2016

FUCK I FUCKING HATE YOU /g/
>>
>>55935423
Sure does sound like a salty applefag, who bought an inferior product.
>>
>>55935744
Again, only shows what the hardware is capable of. The only way to settle this is to find an audio player with the same chip and compare the measurements, but I don't give enough shits to do that. Consider yourslef a winner or something.
>>55935781
Sounds wrong, no Apple product suits my needs.
>>
>>55930659
> can't listen to music while it charges

Applecucks on suicide watch
>>
>>55935874
don't worry you'll be able to get an accessory for that for only 80 dollars
>>
>>55935833
I don't give a shit about wining or losing, in fact, I hate android. I'm just showing you that new OS (lollipop/nougat) and new hardware (820) are capable of running 24bit, stock player even support it.

Give HTC10 a sound test, I'm sure it'll change your opinion.
>>
>>55935931
It only matters if it works on AOSP/CAF ROMs.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (4KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
4KB, 123x125px
>>55933879
>This is a limit that is built into Apple's ecosystem. It was initially 20MB, last year was raised to 50MB and recently (I believe with iOS 7) to 100MB.
Holy shit
>>
This is the future lads, get used to it. Also order your Beats by Dre(tm) Wireless Headphones today!
>>
>>55933879
>catering to idiots/old farts without a capless data plan
Yep, Apple niggers alright.
>>
File: xbox-one-new-controller.jpg (43KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-new-controller.jpg
43KB, 800x600px
Microsoft wins again.
>>
>>55930659
somebody will make mini usb headphones soon to keep apple dorks like you happy, i bet they cost more too (because they're for apple)
>>
>>55936300
>apple dorks
>happy
>ever

Anon if they were happy, they wouldn't support masturbatory brands like Apple in the first place.
>>
>lightning headphones
>wireless charging

this is actually a good thing
>>
>>55936557
If only you could wirelessly charge your phone without putting it on a fucking pad!
>>
>>55936590

The no 3.5 jack is only an issue if you want to have headphones and charge at the same time. i.e. on a plane, in the car, or in the office. All places where resting your phone on the charging pad isn't an issue.
>>
>>55936214
proof that apple users are poor or uninformed
>>
File: 1470402523714.jpg (5KB, 198x120px) Image search: [Google]
1470402523714.jpg
5KB, 198x120px
>>55930659
ver2

DO NOT STEAL
>>
>>55936661
Or you know, not killing your battery in 2 hours by using Bluetooth
>>
>>55930683
>listening to music with my headphones
>2%
>stop listening to music so i can charge my phone
>>
>>55930683
>implying it won't ship with an adapter
implying it will.

it'll be some $30 horseshit optional purchase
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 194x259px
>>55936119

I only learned of this after I bought 6S Plus some time ago. I could't believe it for the first time didn't trust my google skills and walked right back to store and told the clerk about it. He tried to find a solution to it and was in complete amazement on how you could not update the OS without WiFi access. I would've had to buy a router to set up WiFi just for the phone to update the OS. He got several assistants trying to solve the "problem" and even the store manager came in to help. After maybe 40 minutes of them scratching their heads they told me it's a limitation of the phone and they'll refund it. There's a warning in front of iPhones now that you need WiFi access to download OS updates and things over 100 MB.
>>
>>55931110
Why?

The SE is superior unless you absolutely need a 4.7" screen
>>
>>55936930
fucking this

why not put on two ports? best of both worlds
same for the moto z shit
>>
File: data.png (335KB, 537x556px) Image search: [Google]
data.png
335KB, 537x556px
>>55933952
>his ears are a digital model

pic related: a guy who could conceivably qualify.
>>
File: tumblr_n1udg2qzmz1r5zq6ao6_250.gif (624KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1udg2qzmz1r5zq6ao6_250.gif
624KB, 250x250px
>>55936930

Wait

Wait...

You... You can't charge your iPhone 7 from an external charger while listening music? This can't be true. What the fuck.
>>
>>55937180
>get a load of this guy who wants to listen to some music in bed before sleep at night

why would you want to do something so ridiculous? you're quite imaginative just to come up with it. just don't fall asleep accidentally. Ever.

Your phone battery might die overnight, your alarm doesn't go off, you get fired from your pleb job and start plotting to assassinate Tim Cook.

Don't worry though...apple will have some overpriced dongle accessory to help you. Sleek and stylish.
>>
Makes sense since Apple bought Beats Headphones/music etc. Now they own memephones and will make a lightning based audio
>>
>>55930683
There's lots of Androids, and one fucking line of iPhones.
>>
>>55937415
>one fucking line of iPhones
Come September, there will be like 9 iphone lines if cook gets his way.
>>
>>55937456
It's like we're actually in 1992 again!
Do I sell my APPL?
>>
File: 1469136520436.jpg (87KB, 593x598px) Image search: [Google]
1469136520436.jpg
87KB, 593x598px
Are those stereo speakers ON THE SAME FUCKING SIDE OF THE PHONE? WHAT EVEN IS THE POINT GOD DAMN THIS MAKES ME EVEN MADDER THAN NO 3.5 JACK
>>
>>55931459

3.5mm jacks arc when you plug them in. They've always been the shit standard of audio technology. I'm not saying I want headphones with a DAC in them, but anything to get away from 3.5mm is a brave move. Maybe something better will come out of it.

tl;dr: You don't know shit and this is why you don't make mobile phones or audio equipment.
>>
>>55937180
You fucking piece of shit, if you really want to listen to music while charging you can always buy an official splitter cable which can recharge while giving you an audio output.
>b-but I don't want to buy a -
Faggot retard, what are you, poor or something? Just buy the fucking adapter you fucking cheap ass cunt.
>>
File: fallingmonkey.jpg (44KB, 388x368px) Image search: [Google]
fallingmonkey.jpg
44KB, 388x368px
>phone batteries are insufficient as they are
>drain them even faster by using bluetooth headphones
>which are additional shit for you to plug into a charger all the time
>>
>>55937583

Could you link the adapter for downloading >100MB files? I can't find it at the Apple Store.
>>
>>55937638
Why would you even download 100mb on data, are you clinically braindead or something? You are, so you should be thankful Apple is saving you from running out of mobile data. You'd have your carrier's dick lodged deeply into your ass (metaphorically, you cock loving fuccboi, I mean you would run out of data and have additional charges up the ass) if it wasn't for Apple thinking for you, stupid cunt.
>>
>>55937638
it's called "airport" or something.
>>
>>55937776
maybe in murrica here in yurop we have unlimited 4G plans and have no reason for this apple cuckery
>>
File: non-pleb.png (10KB, 353x191px) Image search: [Google]
non-pleb.png
10KB, 353x191px
>>55937776
>Apple is saving you from running out of mobile data

doubtful
>>
what the fuck are they thinking

shouldn't they survey the public or something before pulling this shit
>>
>>55933834
Yeah wtf?

My droid Maxx lasts almost 2 days. Why do people even care about thickness? This phone wouldn't be any better if it was thinner.
>>
>>55937903
>phone wouldn't be any better if it was thinner
implying. it's way better, just not for the consumer.

companies make the phones thinner and more slippy so that retards drop them and pay for repairs or new ones
>>
>>55930681
Apple having the balls to ditch old connectors is one of the things that sets them apart from other manufacturers, honestly. Whether or not it counts as "innovation" is something else...

inb4
>implyign 3.5mm jack is old
it seems dumb but whatever. Nobody died from an extra dongle.
>>
>>55931106
apple generally uses quality DACs. I do trust them to make a wireless headphone adapter that doesn't sound like shit.

>>55931625
honestly the /pol/tard gamergate freak autistic children on /g/ make me want to defend apple.

I guess they're like this on here because they can't get away with torturing cats anymore
>>
>>55932652
I honestly don't understand why other companies compulsively imitate apple.

>>55932858
They're comfy. Overall the value of a large screen wins out, but touchscreens are awkward.

>>55933488
yeah, it should be on the top

>>55933952
Good bait.
>>
>>55934573
>the phone jack is gold plated.
>Also stereo speakers by Bose.
>Also it plays 24 bit lossless formats.
HTCfags confirmed retards

>>55935874
you listen to music while you sleep?
>>
I support Apple heavily on /g/ and other boards, I support them because they generally do things I like, this isn't one of those times.
>>
>>55936264
3.5mm audio from the controller? genius
>>
>>55933952
8/8
>>
>>55933952

>Do we still use CRT TVs? Nope

>He doesn't have an emulation CRT
>>
>>55932711
Your making the right choice desu I was tricked by the "iPhones sux and is gay" meme and bought a nexus 6p, probably the worst phone I have ever used, bent in my pocket, runs slow despite all the fucking ram they put in the phone and cost me just about as much as the iPhone 6s plus would have. Android is literally a meme propagated by 18 year old gamers.
>>
>>55935874
>having to charge your phone every 10 minutes just to listen to music
Jesus I knew android was shit but I didn't know it was THAT bad!
>>
>>55933987
Name me a phone that has more than one port other than the headphone jack.
>>
>>55938358
The ps4 has had it for 2 years now
>>
>>55936952
It's already confirmed it will
>>
>>55937776
>100 GB data cap on mobile plan
>phone won't let you download files bigger than 100 MB
come on, it's the current year
>>
>>55936963
How do you not have WiFi in your home? This has never been an issue for me. Maybe it's an burgerland thing?
>>
File: 1465709123305.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1465709123305.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
T-That's USB-C, right?

RIGHT!?
>>
>>55930683
>implying the iAdapter™ won't cost $79.99 plus tax plus tip
>>
>>55938502
>Bent in my pocket
Sure it did
>>
>>55930903
Right but it's not usb type C it's lightning.
So this means at best you have to splut the whole market into 3 segments usb type C, lightning and auxiliary.

But more importantly what people here DO NOT UNDERSTAND. is that lightning is digital. Bluetooth is digital. Your headphones have ti bw your fucking dac. Apple has a better dac han most androids it's it's literal only advantage. Now i don't knoe about you. But i don't spnd hundreds on my earbubds cause I'll losr the and break them. And there is no way in fuck for under $30 im gonna get headphones that pay the lightning licensing fee, have a good dac and sound remotely decent.
>>
>>55938667
Why would you have WiFi in your home if you don't need it
>>
>>55930936 >>55931015 >>55931258 >>55931485 >>55931974 >>55932023 >>55932248 >>55935176
These are the people who defended vga against hdmi.
These are the people who defended dvd against blu-ray.
>>
>>55939200
But you do need it. You just made a long winded post about it.
Additionally a $30 router is cheaper then a few hundred gbs of data by a looong shot mate...
>>
File: Untitled.png (30KB, 614x519px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
30KB, 614x519px
>>55936742
>SWIPE
>>
1. USB Type C is an open standard.
2. USB Type C is can be used to transmit audio.
3. USB Type C is more robust than 3.5 mm.
4. USB Type C can be used for more than audio.
5. You guys are fucking retarded. I remember these same discussions about virtually any outdated media and port in the past.
>>
>>55938634
Sure, but the DS4 is a pain in the arse to use on PC. And even after going through the hassle of getting that thing to run, I doubt the headphone jack is compatible with PC.
>>
>>55939251
USB C is going to replace display port and hdmi.
>>
>>55939251
Can usb type C actually carry an analog audio signal or are you just retarded?
>>
>>55930842
>>55930682
The phone isn't even thinner though. The lightning port takes up just as much space in terms of width, as does the battery. It's not possible to make a phone thinner just by removing the 3.5mm jack
>>
>>55939268
Yeah and hopefully in the future ethernet too.

>>55939277
Theoretically, yes it can. In addition, digital conversion is possible and feasible.
>>
>>55939313
>Yeah and hopefully in the future ethernet too.
I don't see that. Network equipment is universal and there aren't competing wired standards.
>>
>>55939313
Wait.
So a phone can have it's own internal dac and passively send an analog audio signal to headphones through USB-C just like aux? I don't see the point but that's kind of cool if it's true. do you got Sauce on that?

>in addition digital conversion is possible and feasible?
What do you mean by this?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 229x221px
mfw apple users will defend this
>>
File: risitas.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
risitas.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>55933879
pic related
>>
>>55939404
What I meant is what you said.

http://www.androidauthority.com/3-5mm-audio-usb-type-c-701507/
>>
>>55933879
You must understand apple is literally the babysitter of it's customers first and foremost.
They would all get a $1000 data overage bill every month if they did this.
Just like how they can't let you install anything not in their repository or else you'll just end up bricking your phone.
>>
>>55933938
iOS and mac os x are fucking pathetic and their users are stupid faggots
>>
File: pencle.jpg (31KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
pencle.jpg
31KB, 560x415px
fucking apple
>>
>now
>>
(((Apple)))
>>
This legitimately makes me sad. I listen to music all the time I can't trust wireless headphones
>>
Apple could have their iphone require a buttplug to be inserted for it to work and people would still eat that shit up.
>>
>>55939201
>comparing video standards with huge advantages with taking off ONE WHOLE MILLIMETER on a phone
drink bleach
>>
>>55930682
It's not about jewing you for the wireless headphones, it's about forming a technology that they can use to exploit your phone's security to violate your privacy.
>>
>>55937541
They are not stereo speakers retard
>>
>>55939267
I thought Sony recently made a program that let's you stream your ps4 to your computer and it included native support for DS4 controllers on pc? I could be wrong though
>>
>>55934302

Only if they possesses a real vag
>>
>>55939251
Can't charge while using headphones
Press F to pay respects
>>
>>55930659
android won
apple on suicide watch
>>
>>55938728
Nope. Proprietary apple shit
>>
>>55939267
It's not. The third party software that lets you use a dualshock controller has no option for connecting headphones in the jack. Interesting enough though it does let you change the color on the controller.
>>
>>55937568
>i'm an apple shill defending the bullshit

translated that for everyone else
>>
Can't charge my phone and listen to music on headphones without a adaptor.
fuck that shiet
>>
one port worked so well for applel in the past why not try it on their largest selling product. the iphone pro, fuckwits will line up for weeks for this shit.
>>
>>55930659
What are those row of holes are for? Active cooling?
>>
>>55943969
> charging your phone and listening to music at the same time
wat?
>>
don't care. will buy it and a new pair of in ears.
>>
Why even get rid of the jack though? The Vivo X5 Max is the thinnest smartphone on the planet right now and even it has a 3.5mm, so the Apple surely doesn't need to it from the iPhone. Nixing the jack wouldn't help make the phone much thinner, anyway. Besides, it's not like people desperately want a thinner iPhone; the damn thing is already bending under pressure. People want longer battery lifespans more than a thinner phone. Give them that instead of removing essential features for a 'thinner' look.

Bluetooth headphones are terrible and I wouldn't want to use Lightning headphones. The jack has survived for literal decades because it doesn't need to go anywhere. It doesn't need to change. It's a near-perfect technology. Why get rid of it?
>>
>>55944102
It happens. You're in bed and your phone is charging while you listen to music. Totally realistic and common scenario.
>>
>>55939234
Well no, 10Gb data plan costs literally 10 bucks and unlimited data plan costs 20 bucks
>>
>>55937541
Actually one of them is a microphone and the other is a speaker. There is only one speaker.
>>
>>55944072
It's """high-quality""" speakers
>>
File: 1455373862733.jpg (17KB, 350x277px) Image search: [Google]
1455373862733.jpg
17KB, 350x277px
>>55944102
>Like you NEVER use your phone while it's charging
>>
>>55938667
>Why would you have WiFi in your home if you don't need it
>PC using 1 gig fiber
>phone and tablet using 200 Mbps unlimited LTE
>using LTE saves battery, works everywhere and is virtually as fast. Also doesn't make my phone hot as fuck
>unlimited LTE costs me 10€/mo

That's how, faggot.
>>
>>55944476
>200Mbps lte

literally where? no fucking chance.
>>
>>55944618

Europe has this everywhere for dirt cheap. People use it because it's cheaper and easier to setup than a WiFi. Our LTE networks are also actually good so they can handle everyone torrenting gigs of porn a day. iPhone's 100MB OS limitation is just so fucking ridiculous to everyone here because we're used to being able to download terabyte or whatever size files on LTE if we want without any extra charges and this shitty phone says we can't DL anything over 100MB.
>>
>>55944656
I don't even have cable internet, I just tether my phone.
>>
>>55944663

If you want a cheap connection that's the way to go, I guess. Your phone might not last as long if you do that 247 though. It gets kinda hot...
>>
File: not bad.jpg (238KB, 995x996px) Image search: [Google]
not bad.jpg
238KB, 995x996px
>>55944272
Literally can't argue with anything you just said.
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 900x734px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 900x734px
Listening music on phones will become a premium feature now
>>
You people don't understand.
>remove the jack
>restore it in the next version and praise it as a new exciting feature
>>
File: 1470413744191.jpg (21KB, 168x245px) Image search: [Google]
1470413744191.jpg
21KB, 168x245px
>>55933952
sauce?
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.