[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck would anyone buy a PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1462849604678.png (334KB, 657x580px) Image search: [Google]
1462849604678.png
334KB, 657x580px
Mac's are objectively superior in every conceivable way
>Don't get viruses
>Low maintenance
>Better UI
>Comparable programs and features

Got my first PC a couple weeks ago after using Macs for years
It crashes....a lot. And if I want to fix the problems, I need to either pay an expert an exorbitant amount of money to tell me he doesn't know how to fix it. Or go on a googling escapade sifting through pages and pages of obscure online forums crudely explaining the myriad of procedures I need to go through in inarticulate technobabble.

I googled Windows Debugger and was directed here.
>https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff551063(v=vs.85).aspx
Which is basically instructions to download a development environment where I will code my own drivers from scratch.
Also apparently I can analyze the crashdump....somehow. I suppose I need to get a Masters in computer science first.

What a terrible platform, I mean holy shit. What are they thinking?
For Windows 10, they admit that many of the problems are introduced through their own updates. The most common advice they give to solve crashes is going into your computer's files and manually rolling back the automatic updates that screwed it up

You spend more time digging through files to maintain this machine then you spend using it!
Maybe that kind of grind appeals to autistic neckbeards and overweight slobs who shit away hours of their life on videogames, but it doesn't appeal to me: a working productive member of society.
>>
>>55929129
Manchild games
>>
>>55929129
Aren't mac personal computers?
>>
File: big-grin-alpha.png (63KB, 1120x977px)
big-grin-alpha.png
63KB, 1120x977px
>>55929129
>Mac user #12843954 too retarded to use a PC properly for it not to crash
>>
>>55929129
If you weren't Tech illiterate, and you bought a PC that wasn't in the $300 or less discount bin at best buy, you'd understand why Windows Machines are objectively better in everyway, and moreover, how pathetic your arguments are.
>Don't get viruses
You're a fucking retard if you manage to get a virus with Chrome and built in virus defence, it's honestly hard to get a virus.
>Low maintenance
The fuck are you talking about, hardware or software?
>Better UI
Completely subject, demonstrate what's better fuck stain
You've basically admitted with the word "comparable" that Apple environments offer less and worse software, which is true, and doesn't back your point.
>>
>>55929306
Subjective**
>>
I want to change my bootloader to refind change my mbr disk to gpt, and dualboot a bunch of linuxes. Oh wait, im on a mac so i cucked myself out of all that

mac is normalfag trash, op
>>
I had a Mac a few years back. It broke down in a number of ways due to shitty Apple construction. It would basically need a new motherboard at this point if I wanted it to actually work.

Right now I'm using a System76 Kudu laptop, and it's doing fairly well for me.

>I googled Windows Debugger and was directed here.
A debugger is a development tool. Why would you look for a debugger if you are not a programmer? Are you stupid? No wait, don't answer that; we already know.
>>
>>55929129
>>Don't get viruses
I've never gotten a virus with my PC, because I'm not a moron
>>Low maintenance
So are PCs, because I'm not a moron
>>Better UI
Subjective
>>Comparable programs and features
So why pay more for a Mac?
>>
>>55930123
Daddy, can you teach me C#? Mummy wouldn't teach me it.
>>
You must be fucking stupid if you have to pay someone to help you with a software issue.
>>
>Don't get viruses
That might be true but considering that "Macs" tend to be the first machines compromised at Pwn20wn competitions each year means you don't know much of anything about exploits.

>Low maintenance
The problem is that's just not true, and when a problem does occur - say your iSight webcam goes out - you end up taking in the entire fucking machine (there's an old meme image about this someplace out there). I owned several Apple laptops and desktops over the years since they moved to the Intel platform and none of them were "perfect," most especially the first generation Intel iMacs and MacBooks that had a lot of defects off the assembly line.

>Better UI
Define "Better" because what you think is better is not what I think is better - with respect to a UI they're personal choices because each of us is different and work in different manners so, your choice of what's better in terms of a UI most definitely doesn't match what mine would be, not even fucking close.

On some levels, sure, but not most. Windows as a platform has literally millions of programs available and there's just no comparison overall in that respect. As for features, well, since Apple makes the hardware and the software they can do things that Microsoft can't by necessity and get in trouble for doing so. You won't see Apple get sued in the EU for forcing Safari on the end users that purchase Apple computers which does seem unfair that Microsoft gets fucking slammed for including IE/Edge in their operating systems.

The whole thing is rigged anyway so who the fuck cares.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
File: macfagbuildsapc.jpg (2MB, 3408x2214px) Image search: [Google]
macfagbuildsapc.jpg
2MB, 3408x2214px
>>55929129
found OP

also
>implying pc = windows
>>
>>55929354
Mac can use gpt
Mac can use rEFInd
Mac can dual boot a bunch of GNU/Linux distributions

I don't use Mac, but you are retarded to think that they can't do that shit, I just googled 'osx gpt' and I found out how to do it.
>>
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

Are there any laptops as shit as applel laptops?
>>
>>55929129
Games (for losers). Anyone else would just do virtual windows for legacy applications.
>>
>>55930740
most of what you listed is poor people problems

the battery swelling is only old batteries

youve obviously never touched the new trackpads

theres an app for that

theres an app for that too

Im sorry youre too dumb to use a Mac that must be hard.
>>
>>55929129
10 rupees has been added to your Apple account mr. Pajeet.
>>
>>55929129
i use a T420 all day every day as my main work computer

i havent had a crash or a bluescreen in at least 4 years

learn how to not be retarded

The college i went to had bought 40 brand new imacs in 2010'
>first day, PSU in 2 die
>second day a screen cracks for no reason
i think its because it was getting run fucking hard underneath the industrial AC
>couldn't add or change fonts without calling in the sysadmin
>4 of the computers crashed literally every single time you would change a typeface in InDesign
>anytime i brought in a project from home it would crash the computers because
>at least 3 computers every day would have a kernel panic
>bluetooth mice/keyboards love connecting to another imac for zero reason what so ever

i've literally never had a good experience with any mac

8/10 i replied
>>
>>55930740
Responding to bait, please kill me
>Trackpad problems all solved in 2015 models
>Zero travel keyboard is only on macbooks, not MBP
>Battery on MBP lasts all day, literally nothing to complain
>MBA screen is 1440x900 (you're right on the shitty TN part tho)
>>
>>55929129
>Mac's are objectively superior in every conceivable way
Stopped reading

Also Windows and OS X are both garbage
>>
>>55929129
stupid frogposter
>>
>>55929129
umm..because Macs use outdated components?
>>
>>55929129
dumb fucking frogfucker
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.