[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is AMD marketing braindead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: sapphire nitro rx poo in loo.jpg (65KB, 800x626px) Image search: [Google]
sapphire nitro rx poo in loo.jpg
65KB, 800x626px
What's taking them long enough to release this sexybeast pic related.

I have waited long enough and keep seeing reference cards amd is more expensive than a zotac, galaxy or palit 1060.

Shit Im just going for GTX 1060 palit this weekend
>>
>>55927205
Ok nvidia shill, enjoy your no async, no dx12 and no vulkan.
>>
>>55927356

Why? Op dropped the fucking ball on this.

We could have had these glorious cards a month ago if amd wasn't dumb.

I'm still waiting for my two nitros

Amd Fucked up its that simple
>>
Can't wait for Nvidia to release the GTX 1050! DIE AMD! HAHAHA
>>
>>55927356
>muh async
Literally made to fix amd's shit drivers and scheduler.
Pascal has better dx12 compliance than poolaris.
>>
>>55927356
>no async
I wish this myth would die already.
>>
>>55927769
>b-but it's not carbon copy ot amd's async
>It's not true async!!!1111
>>
>>55927830
>Time Spy sold out to Nvidia
>I don't care that AMD endorsed it
>>
>>55927205
>pic of the front
>not the god tier backplate
>>
File: 1060vs480.png (667KB, 3882x2171px) Image search: [Google]
1060vs480.png
667KB, 3882x2171px
>>55927356
1060 has async

1060 has dx12 and is even better than the 480 at it

1060 has vulkan
>>
>>55927205
AMD is just completely incompetent at this point. They're run by morons and it shows in their financials.
>>
>>55927205
>>55927398
AMD have literally nothing to do with when AIB partners release their products. Blame Sapphire for taking so long to get them made.

>>55927884
>They're run by morons and it shows in their financials
You mean their financials where they recently made a profit for the first time in years and their stock which is at a four year high? Try again, Pajeet.
>>
>>55927899
>they recently made a profit for the first time in years

That's my entire point. They've been losing billions of dollars. If you think one quarter of profit is going to save them, you're delusional.

AMD is really fucked from the ground up. They're going to have to do something drastic or they'll be gone soon.
>>
>>55927862
>1060 has async
It does not
>>55927708
Then why is it in GPUs were it did better than nivida
>>
>>55927899

Nigga. Amd didn't give them cards until after release because they feared spec leaks.

Again. We could have had aib cards the same day ref cards released.

Like 1060. Msi had a card out and in stock the same day.

Amd fumbles a lot. But I'll be damned if I buy Nvidia unless it's used then I might.
>>
>>55928525
>It does not
[citation needed]
Pascal has async.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/10325/the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-and-1070-founders-edition-review/9
>>
I agree with you OP AMD fucked up the release of AIB cards.
I'm gonna wait for my Nitro+ though just a little more, it's going to arrive next week, if it doesn't I'll kill myself.

>>55927862
This chart should have more DX12 titles like Forza Apex, Quantum Break, Warhammer in DX12 and Gears Of War.

>>55927899
This is true but there is also a chance they can turn their business around, AMD estimated q3 results will look even better, if they miss that goal the stock will most likely plummet so they're walking on a thin line.
>>
>>55928525
Yes it does, all the 10 series cards have async
>>
>>55927862
This chart is already out of date since latest AMD drivers and will increasingly sway towards AMD. Also better benchmarking methods are already in development which could make things more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RRgs51J5FY
>>
>>55928714
It has one form of async. The inferior implementation.
>>
>>55928841
Am I to understand that you are admitting that the 1060 has async?
>>
>>55928824
With AMD's gimping their cards will just keep getting slower while Nvidia's keep getting faster. If you want your card to last, definitely get an Nvidia.
>>
File: youmutea1.jpg (73KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
youmutea1.jpg
73KB, 400x368px
>>55928841
Can you describe the diffecrences between amd and nvidia async and what makes it inferior? Maybe I'm asking too much from a pajeet.
>>
>>55928714

Stop being a Shit.

It has software async which isnt actually async. You can't even compare it to hyperthreading it's that bad.

Amd has real hardware legit async.

Nvidia is just buying time until Volta is out which is a new architect so it should have hardware async.
>>
>>55928853

Stop being faggot. Call it whatever you want it's still not hardware async
>>
>>55929279
>It has software async which isnt actually async.
I'm still waiting for a citation.

>>55929294
>not hardware async
Still waiting for a citation.
>>
>>55928859
Is it opposite day?
>>
>>55929279
That's not true at all.

The Nvidia 10 series has hardware async, see the article above.
>>
>>55927205
>AMD IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SAPPHIRES RELEASE SCHEDULE

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS. NVIDIA BETTER HURRY UP AND RELEASE THAT 1080 STRIX OVERCLOCKED EDITION TOO!
>>
>>55928964
Nvidia doesn't have async, it has advanced preemption. Which is just a form of prioritization, which has been around for years. Basically nvidia just bruteforces the DX12 titles.

While it's cool on it's own, that nvidia has enough power to keep up with true async cards through bruteforcing, the downside is that they will release true async cards next summer, after which all your brand new polaris cards go into trash.
>>
>>55929901
AMD didn't give them enough GPUs, because they wanted to milk the reference sales, and then they oversold them and still are completing the reference orders. Which means there won't be any partner cards until christmas.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.