[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phone Phreaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: y0ug.free.fr_phreak_PICT0221.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
y0ug.free.fr_phreak_PICT0221.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
What is /g/'s experience with phone phreaking? Did you do it? What sort of equipment did you use (blue box, red box, etc.)? Also general phone phreaking discussion.
>>
Aw shit my dad used to do this. Never asked him about it unfortunately
>>
>>55926564
Did he do it when you were a kid or anything? Do you remember anything specific?
>>
>>55926553
Blue Boxes don't work for a few decades anymore.
I have done your pic related for prank calls with friends when drunk.
>>
>>55926553
If you manage to find a copy of Anarchist's Cookbook, they're is a whole bunch of stuff about just that.
>>
>>55926553
I work for a cable company so I work with phone wiring inside homes. But there is not much to it at that point.
>>
>>55926887
But most of it is 90s tier tricks, very little to none work nowadays, but still a decent read
>>
>not mentioning the PLA
kys
>>
>>55926901
Did you happen to read the PLA files on BBS back in the day?
>>
>>55926945
They still exist.
RBCP still does liveshows and podcasts.
>>
>>55926971
I'm aware. Although he is a "responsible adult" now so he doesn't do anything on the illegal side anymore.
>>
>>55926991
Of course not, or at least he isn't going to tell people.
Everyone has his dox.
>>
>>55927012
I'm just going to assume he doesn't do credit card fraud anymore.
>>
>>55927012
>>55926901
>tfw nobody does damage calls anymore
>>
>>55926553
Used to beige box a fair bit when I was a teen, haven't done anything in nearly a decade though

>>55926875
>>55926887
>>55926897
An old trick (that probably won't work anymore) that I used to use was that BT (yep BritBong here) had a set of direct dial numbers into other countries exchanges, including third world shit holes that were still using the kind of exchanges vulnerable to blue boxing, the trick was figuring out where in the world you had dialled to, as BT didn't publish these numbers (probably to prevent this exact form of abuse)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.