[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What got you started in tech?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1467101426564.jpg (372KB, 899x890px) Image search: [Google]
1467101426564.jpg
372KB, 899x890px
I'm curious, what got you into computers?
I'm assuming it was the lack of friends.
>>
Also, how did you first learn computers, hardware, programming, etc?
>>
>>55910892
My parents were computers
>>
>>55910892
I wanted to play Minecraft and Gmod. Fuck me now i'm a loner as loser who barely leaves the house.
>>
>>55910892
everything else was boring
>>
>>55910892
I've been playing around with them since I was 3. I blame my dad. One of the few things he did with me.
>>
>>55910892
I begged my dad for a PC as a kid. He bought me my first pc. Some Hewlett Packard thing. That was it. I self taught myself everything I know now, besides when I learnt binary addition in Highschool which made me fascinated with processors.
>>
>>55910902
My uncle had an old Windows 98 machine back in the day. The day he left, I booted it up and started playing around with Microsoft Word, then I accessed the internet and downloaded some software.

A few years passed until one day I stumbled on a forum that was dedicated to building your own computer, so I read the posts and started saving up some money. After 9 months, I went out to my local computer/tech store and ordered the parts, and then a few days later they arrived and I started building it.

At first, it was difficult but then I learned that putting a cpu into the motherboard was like stacking legos and then everything was a breeze from there. Once everything was built I installed Windows XP.

Fast forward to when I'm 29 now, and I have already built several machines and learned several programming and markup languages (Java, VB.NET, HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP) and have even learned some scripting techniques for writing bash scripts (such as auto restarting or sending an SMS message when my home server fails).

For me, It was a lack of friends and family members which got me into computers. Its funny to think that a glorified calculator can occupy someone for hours, weeks, months and years at a time.
>>
>>55911154
I like this story. Sometimes /g/ isn't complete cancer. Keep it up dude :^)
>>
>>55911008
Holy fuck are you me? I was interested in the same games also
>>
>>55910915
>>55911025
/thread
>>55911607
>muh opinion piece
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.