[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the actual fuck are they supposed to sell this to? Who is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: 6950X.png (64KB, 862x297px) Image search: [Google]
6950X.png
64KB, 862x297px
Who the actual fuck are they supposed to sell this to? Who is the target audience here?
It obviously not casual PC users, but it can't be gaymers either, as the 6700K mostly still beats the crap out of this chip while costing 1/5th of the price.
And even when it doesn't, the overpriced 10-core only gets about 5 more fps or so. But even if the margin was bigger, it's still waaay too expensive. Only the richest of rich kids can afford to spend so much money on a single component.

So is it meant for professionals? But they can buy a much cheaper Xeon 10 core if they would want one. Not to mention how Xeons are much better suited for professional work.
Also the whole X99 chipset is predominantly marketed towards gaming enthusiasts.
So who the hell is supposed to buy this thing /g/?
>>
File: Gaming_01.png (54KB, 1299x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Gaming_01.png
54KB, 1299x1061px
Even with a DX12 game that's optimised for multiple cores, the difference with the 6700K is only 2 fps at most.
>>
File: Gaming_02.png (47KB, 1299x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Gaming_02.png
47KB, 1299x1061px
And here it gets BTFO in both DX11 and 12
>>
File: Gaming_03.png (50KB, 1299x1061px) Image search: [Google]
Gaming_03.png
50KB, 1299x1061px
And here the 6700K's minimum performance is actually higher than the 6950X's average. So clearly this thing couldn't have been designed for gaming.

>>55901269
Correction, it was minimum and average fps here
>>
>>55901233
do you even twitch desu
>>
its for twitch streamers
>>
>>55901553
>>55901586
not him, but explain
>>
>>55901665
What's to explain
Allows for smoother streaming and gaming at the same time because the cpu allows tasks more room to breathe
>>
>>55901665
Real time encoding is very cpu intensive while also gaming

I'm not a streamer, but I tried streaming some GTA V which is already very cpu intensive, and it maxed out my 4770K and dropped my framerate from 60 down to about 40 because the cpu was bottlenecking the gpu

I'm sure with some tweaks in OBS I could fix it a little bit, but that was just using the normal settings
>>
File: 1469675465171.jpg (32KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469675465171.jpg
32KB, 375x360px
>>55901254
>Games

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>55901254
Go back to /v/ try something like FEA,CFD or even rendering for artyfags.

Nice of them to throw in a t-shirt in the knowledge you ain't spendin' cash on clothes after buying a system based around that.
>>
/g/
>>
Believe it or not there are lots of moderately rich people that wouldn't hesitate to buy a 1.5k cpu or a 1k gpu. Those are the same people that spends lots of money on virtual items in games. There are whole industries built around it.

If you really want to fell like shit then check out the rich kids of Instagram. Kids literally pouring several bottles of $800 champagne for fun while showing off their rich people stuff. It's never the same guys either. There are tons of them.
>>
Fuck off and stop complaining, idiots.
Don't you see that it also comes with a FREE Intel tshirt? Then it's a great deal.
>>
>>55902239
cheaper to build a dedicated PC for the encoding
>>55901233
I'd say its for servers but it's not a xeon so who knows
>>
>>55901233
>Who the actual fuck are they supposed to sell this to? Who is the target audience here?
I built a 5960X build for an encoder once. He really needed the speed boost that comes with the 8 cores. He paired it with a 750 Ti, he isn't a gamer.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.