[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ does anyone has any experience teaching to the elders?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1436466816362.png (439KB, 760x720px) Image search: [Google]
1436466816362.png
439KB, 760x720px
Hey /g/ does anyone has any experience teaching to the elders?

I went to fix the computer of a grandma today and there wasn't anything to fix, they just upgraded to microshit 10 without knowing the installing process so they though their computer was broken, So I spent almost 3 hours explaining her how to create folders and move photos, how to use their smartphone, how to program their humidifier, although it was mostly chit chat.

So next time I guess I have to explain her how to manage files completely, looks like she knows how to edit documents and use chrome, so I don't think there is much to teach, I guess they just want to organize and send photos.

The grandpa however is way slower and more difficult to teach, I think he will forget soon after.

So how should I prepare? does anybody has tips with pictures? maybe a material about teaching children or elders? Should I install gentoo?

Is there any setting I should check on windows 10 to avoid future annoyances?
>>
The grandpa will take you much more seriously if you charge him money.

Boomers tend to associate intrinsic value by how expensive something is.
If your little tutorial cost them $20, they're going to write that shit down.
>>
>>55899386
Shit I was just gonna say write some basic notes down for them but this anon has a much better plan.
>>
When I get drafted for tech support, its mostly grandma, and she's a pretty sharp lady. Usually just get called in for specifics when she doesn't want to break anything.
A while back, dad and I made a bunch of audio tutorials for her, and she still has those.

>>55899386
I think this anon has the right idea, make sure to stress to the elder in question that this is coming out of your time. Mostly I just ask for a dinner or two.
>>
File: leebinfuture.jpg (20KB, 940x619px) Image search: [Google]
leebinfuture.jpg
20KB, 940x619px
they are used to thinking that everything is a streamlined moderne appliance and have 0 appreciation / concern for underlying hardware
>>
>>55899386
They paid me yeah, he was learning about his phone too so maybe he was just focused on that.

One of the problems in the PC is selecting files. If they select multiple files with ALT they accidentally click somewhere and lose the selection or forgets to keep pressing ALT and lose the selection again, also if they press ALT and scroll down then it zooms out in the windows explorer so they make a mess. Ironically it's easier to select files on the smartphone because the selection remains until you leave the folder.

>>55899762
The grandma is smart, she predicts what I'm going to say so I understand that she understand, but the grandpa stay silent so I understand he didn't get it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.