[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Agree or disagree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (145KB, 750x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 750x645px
Agree or disagree?
>>
Apple's overpriced. I had an Asus laptop crap out on me after 2 years. Probably I would recommend Dell or Lenovo. Probably Dell because of the chinkpad meme.
>>
Only Zbooks, Precisions and Lattitudes are worth any money these days. Rest are garbage.
>>
>>55899117
Samefag. Also Acer's a decent value brand. I got one of their Chromebooks a couple years ago, and it's still going strong. Don't use it much, but it's meant to be a backup/extremely compact computer I can just grab and go with. One caveat that I ran into with my Acer is rooting to install a BIOS to support booting into Linux required removal of a jumper screw, which voided my warranty.
>>
>>55899175
This. Unfortunately, they're pricy to get brand new and even if you buy used ones at cheap prices, the specs are not up-to-date, at least in my country, anyways.
>>
>>55899075
> reviews matter
No, they don't.
>>
>>55899075
since when are dell and asus considered good?
>>
>>55899175
/thread
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>55899075
Beats me, I've spent almost a year trying to figure out the Dell v Apple dilemma (xps15 or rMBP 15").
In September, when the new rMBP drops, I'll finally have my answers
>>
>>55899075
>Apple
>Good tech support and warrenty
Uses custom screws and glues components so you can't repair yourself and has to pay apple for repairs. Most repairs so expensive you might aswell buy a new products.
>>
>>55899075
they all suck.
the end
>>
>>55899075
Posting from a first gen ROG. Keyboard is a bit wonky and the trackpad is terrible. Other than that it works fine.

HP sucks miserably. I've owned several and ALL of them overheat (the ones with dedicated gpus overheat so bad you can't use the fucking dedicated gpu).

Dells tend to be pretty solid.
>>
>>55899075
>reviews
Correct, although MS gets gimped too much by the earlier Surfaces. Their current products are much better than Windows alternatives.

>tech support
No idea, never had to bother with it from either brand

>design
Come on, we know who makes the most pretty stuff and it's not HP, nor ever was HP.

>warranty
Never had to deal with either but seems correct, given how Apple just replaces your stuff in an Apple store, and these are everywhere. Beats sending your hardware to fuckknowwhere and waiting till they fix it.

>software
Lenovo got a 4 after putting legit malware on their shit? Fuck no.

>innovation
Seems about right.

>value
Bit too simplistic. "Oh, it's expensive, so it's low value."

>overall score
Nah. The difference between Apple and the rest is larger, and MS is clear second due putting respectable screens in their products. 16:9 cancer is subpar consumer trash and should be rated accordingly.

>>55899221
Any laptop with similar hardware/size would cost about the same and usually have worse battery life and much worse trackpad.

Apple stuff is obviously expensive but calling them overpriced implied that there are equivalents for a much lower prices, which is just false.
>>
>>55899075
I'll put the real order with some comments
>MSI (taiwan chinks are too good)
>Dell (top tier business computers/support)
>Apple (all their laptops are poorly built but they look great and have top tier support, trackpad is god tier)
>Microsoft (Surface Pro counted as a laptop is good but locked down, the Surface Book is both shitty and an abomination (only know about first gen), Microsoft Signature Laptops are certain flagships of many brands with easy discounts, good warranty, and no shit 3rd party malware added and this alone would bring Microsoft to 3rd)
>Lenovo (destroyed the IBM layout everyone loved but certain laptop categories have especially good build quality)
>HP (basically a shittier version of Dell)
>Samsung (50 different companies that share the same name, the laptop division is not notable, at least they're above most chink companies)
>Toshiba (good price/quality ratio)
>Asus (they used to be good, what the fuck happened to them)
>Acer (pile of shit)
>>
>>55901916
>Doesn't realize that this been the industry standard for over a decade by now
>>
>>55899075
Yet another reason to purchase the new Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
>>
>>55899075
Dell and Microsoft are the only two companies I'd actually buy a portable computing device from. The Surface line-up and the XPS and Precision line-ups from Dell are the only model ranges I've been looking at for my next laptop.
>>
>>55904510
We're talking about laptops, idiot. Every other manufacturer uses standard screw heads.
>>
>>55899075
>Apple
>Innovation: 9/10
top kek
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.