[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Microsoft’s new Windows 10 build can tie licenses to your online

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 12

File: wtf.jpg (211KB, 665x519px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
211KB, 665x519px
>requires you to sign in with your microsoft account
>You can have a local account but you will have to sign in with your microsoft account every once in a while to keep running a legitimate system

>why the fuck do people still want to use windows.

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/230696-microsofts-windows-10-build-can-tie-licenses-to-your-online-account
>>
Wouldnt that mean i could essentially buy a 10 dollar key and use it forever?
>>
hi shitposter

bye shitposter
>>
Hey it's almost as if this would make microshaft's EULA about having ownership of all your data and viewing it at their leisure apply to the entire operating system
>>
>had normal user account on Win7
>upgraded to Win10
>never entered microsoft-account credentials
>never asked me to
>still legitimate system
yfw
>>
>>55897031
Windows 10 doesn't require you to sign in with a MS account.

>sign in with your microsoft account every once in a while to keep running a legitimate system
I see nothing wrong with this.
>>
The most annoying implication with this is that MS is just getting closer to Apple every fucking day with its closed everything. and then requiring you to use its bs MS account botnet shit in order to keep running your OS?

wtf
>>
>>55897064
This is the real shit post
>>
File: 4.png (13KB, 480x323px) Image search: [Google]
4.png
13KB, 480x323px
>>55897076
just wait until an update comes through that says "oh hey, if you want to keep your license. sign in to a microsoft account."

or the next time you make a hardware change, same shit. it's going to happen.
>>
I get it, you need a link to KMSPico.
>>
>>55897077
Say your graphics card goes to shit and you try and install a new one. with this update, you'll have to sign into a microsoft account to convince MS that you're not running an illegitimate system. Even though it's the exact same fucking PC sans an older graphics card.
>>
>>55897167
>sign in
>confirm it's me
>sing out
What's wrong with it?
>>
L I N U X
>>
>>55897167
That doesn't sound right. It sounds like speculation.
>>
>>55897189
Even though it's a short amount of time to be signed in. That's still more time that microsoft is going to get access to look through your machine than if this requirement didn't exist.

it's just another invasive tactic disingenuously guised as a "consumer friendly" update
>>
>>55897031
wouldnt that solve a lot of issues though?
>change hardware in some way
>suddenly key void
>reinstall windows because eventually you have too
>key void

there are many good reasons for this acutally.
as long as it doesnt require you to be signed in all the time but only for authentification its fine by me.
>>
>>55897266
>>55897189
some people dont want to have/create a microsoft online account
>>
>>55897167
windows 10 activation is based on your motherboard not your gpu
>>
>>55897433

Seeing as changes to hardware will affect the motherboard I'm going to go ahead and say that changing out your PCI cards and/or CPU will cause windows 10 activation to shit
>>
>>55897461
It does not.
I have done it for years, only a motherboard switch will cause an activation error.
>>
>>55897062
It's more likem 7$ a month per user.
>>
File: a88.png (1MB, 727x458px) Image search: [Google]
a88.png
1MB, 727x458px
>>55897482
that's false. While you were correct about switching out GPU's it's confirmed that switching out CPU will cause windows to refuse activation.

http://www.howtogeek.com/226510/how-to-use-your-free-windows-10-license-after-changing-your-pc%E2%80%99s-hardware/
>>
File: yea idk bruhs.png (6KB, 473x161px) Image search: [Google]
yea idk bruhs.png
6KB, 473x161px
>>
>>55897535
>However, replacing your computer’s motherboard or CPU will likely
>will likely
>its confirmed
There you go, the article is based on mere speculation, not actual proof wich I have been doing for years, my work is repairing pc and shit.
And even then, you can just phone microsoft like the article you posted said.
>>
>>55897031
This is because you didn't respond appropriately when games started using online DRM.

It was EASILY fucking deduced that they would push to at least this point if you didn't make them stop.

But noooo, you called people who said anything about it paranoid, dirty pirates, poorfags, etc.
>>
>Not mandatory
>Only used for troubleshooting
>Actually solves a problem users have been having for years

Where is the problem here?

Also

>You can have a local account but you have to sign in with your Microsoft account every once in a while
This is false. FUD.

>>55897087
Dude, Microsoft has open sourced a lot of technologies these days. From Visual Studio to Powershell.
>>
>>55897573
I too repair PC's and shit, your personal experience has all taken place before this update so im going to guess that you're just speculating. When you replace a CPU soon and phone microsoft to find out that it's gonna be another 120$ license on top of the new CPU I guess you'll find out then.
>>
>people still talk about kikedows 10

I honestly stopped caring alltogether when they announced it was the final OS that they continuosly update
>>
>>55897629
No, that is refering to digital rights activation (aka when you upgrade from 7/8), and its the same on all windows 10 editions.
Whats new is that you can tie that license to your account, but, even then, the license is tied to the hardware.
>>
>>55897629
This has never happened, you call ms, you input numbers on the automated system, you get an activation code, I have done this even after switching motherboards on windows 10 machines that activated thru the upgrade
>>
>>55897607
>MS open sources stuff
>Ubantoo Linux in Windows
>Their own BSD distribution in Azure cloud

Like old Billy Henry G. used to say, embrace, extend, extinguish.
>>
>>55897031
Are you retarded? It's like you can't read properly. This is a feature that has solved a problem that system builders have faced for a while now. It lets your license be managed by your MS account and finally gives you a way to transfer your entitlement Windows 10 license to another machine.

You're not required to sign in for a legit license, nor are you required to sign in from time to time to authenticate. This is about transferring a license from one machine that is no longer used to a new one just via logging in to your MS account and reassociating the license with your new machine.

This solves the questions a lot of people had about how to transfer their Windows 10 free upgrade license from one computer to another.

Only some faggot on /g/ would complain about a huge usability feature.
>>
I thought Win10 tied licenses to MS accounts anyway?
Each time I reinstalled it would be activated automatically, unless that was just based on a machine ID or something?
>>
>>55897167
Go kill yourself retard. A license isn't affected by anything short of a CPU/MOBO swap.
>>
have only used a local account since installing win10 and have had no probs
>>
>>55897503
Thats for enterprise dawg.
>>
>>55897087
Apple actually doesn't make you sign into an Apple account on OS X.

Also,
http://opensource.apple.com/
>>
The shills are in full damage control mode in this thread. Wangblows 10 confirmed for dead.
>>
>>55897752
You'll get the same treatment soon enough.
>>
File: tumblr_m3zjtnIuo41rp8n54o1_400.png (127KB, 327x338px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3zjtnIuo41rp8n54o1_400.png
127KB, 327x338px
>>55897607
>>55897723
>>55897743
>>55897745
>>55897752

Found the Micro$oft shill

>>55897784

and the one Apple Shill
>>
>>55897784
99.9% of the open-source packages listed are gnu or bsd utils though.
>>
>>55897784
>>55897784

>open source
>apple
>>
>not using KMSpico
>>
>They are updating their systems
WEW
>>
>>55897880
>being a fucking nigger
>>
>>55897672
Literally this

It's even written on Microsoft's boards. People just need to learn to read
>>
File: u wot m8.jpg (31KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8.jpg
31KB, 505x431px
>>55897503
Wat?
>>
>>55897031
it's a good thing you can upgrade hardware freely now
>>
>>55897937
You could do that before as well anon
>>
>>55897087
>closed everything.
do you even know what closed actually means you fucktard? OSX or even iOS isn't closed you fuck shit, at least not compared to the clusterfuck which is Windows
>>
What the fuck is this thread? The OS Wars: Return of the Shills?
>>
>>55897461
it doesn't, I changed gpu,ssd and IP activation still here
it probably has some seed number from cpu id and mb id or whatever hardware specific you ahve =>does encrypting or something with those two numbers and makes it your key to activation
not even sure about CPU though, not many people change cpu without replacing motherboard so almost no info
>>
File: Facepalm.gif (653KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm.gif
653KB, 350x263px
>>55897461
>>55897482
>>55897629
>>
>>55897537
did the same, i'm not buying this shit after upgrading
>>
>>55897944
not if you upgraded from pirated win7
too many hoops to jump to reactivate after hardware change
>>
Will this also apply to licenses for the education edition?
>>
>>55898087
if license not linked to any organisation you can link it to MS account
if it has any organistaions with it you can link it but it wouldn't reactivate after hardware change
>>
And how the fuck is this not a good thing? Would you rather have your license rendered completely useless because you decide to upgrade your mobo?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>55897189
You have tied an identity to a unique operating system install. You have compromised your privacy.
>>
>>55898124
Please read retard
>>55897672
>>55897920
>>
>>55898156
If I'm already using Windows, I obviously don't care about that.
>>
>>55898124
t. shill
>>
>>55898156
You basically compromise your privacy by plugging-in the RJ45
>>
File: 1355387421819.jpg (143KB, 789x689px) Image search: [Google]
1355387421819.jpg
143KB, 789x689px
>>55897723
>You're not required to sign in for a legit license, nor are you required to sign in from time to time to authenticate.
Yet.
>>
>>55897975
That's all of /g/ since Snowden blew the whistle. We have people here blatantly using software that is proven to spy on them and actually defending it. I don't know if it's paid shills or just an influx of morons since /g/ is the default board on clover.
>>
>>55898218
this is what microsoft shills don't seem to understand. Windows was never a free operating system but more and more with time they're becoming the exact opposite.

Honestly how anyone can justify Microsoft's actions is just insane
>>
>>55898246
No one gives a shit about you unless you are doing something important. Basically, this >>55898215. I used to work in a government project were privacy and spying was real concern and the only way to get around it was not using internet or web services for communication. Not even phones.
>>
>>55898246
Or you know, leave outside the US and in a country that condemns such acts and makes them against the law
>>
How exactly is this a bad thing?
>>
>>55898277
If no one gives a shit then why make it damn-near impossible for me to lock down my computer? Why deceive me with useless """""""""privacy"""""""" toggles and circumvent my efforts to protect the data on my computer if you don't care?
>>
>>55898124
This has never been an issue before because I never owned shit tier OEM licenses. A retail license works no matter how many times I change the mobo.

>>55898215
>Confusing a 8P8C plug with an obsolete wiring standard
No wonder you compromised your privacy
>>
>>55898331
microsoft is pushing for more active monitoring of your system. they're changing what you'll be able to do with your system (if you swap out a cpu, you'll probably have to buy a new license for windows)

all of this and they're doing it under the guise that they're helping us out. it's not a trustworthy practice.
>>
>>55898246
There is a difference between someone organizing to spy just on me on as an individual and data being collected about literally everyone.

I don't give a shit if they scan all my emails for the word "bomb" and have some file some place that they pull out when I want to be president or I'm a suspect in some terrible crime

Thinking that not using Windows or whatever will somehow stop that sort of data collecting and delete all the information about you different companies and organizations have already collected (not to mention all the data about you that is public) is delusional and straight up retarded

You might as well fake your own death, never use banks, hospitals, the internet or any kind of government service and then go live out in the wilderness you paranoid fuck

>>55898331
It's not.

Previously you had to fucking call Microsoft and explain that you changed your motherboard and the computer is still the same, now you type in the account you use for Office and whatever and you don't have that problem.
>>
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55898335
Because there's a chance that you are doing something important/illegal and you are a moron using Windows, so they can get you.
>>
>>55898351
RJ45 and 8P8C are the same thing smartass
>>
>>55898354
>if you swap out a cpu, you'll probably have to buy a new license for windows
No. Stop being a fucking idiot.
>>
>>55898362
>Previously you had to fucking call Microsoft and explain that you changed your motherboard and the computer is still the same, now you type in the account you use for Office and whatever and you don't have that problem.
>explain
You just called a number, put in your license number and the robotic voice gave you the number to type to activate again
>>
>>55898382
Ones a wiring standard and the other is a connector type. The RJ45 wiring standard is not really used at all for internet connections anymore.
>>
>>55898392
>"d-delet dis"
Pathetic.
>>
>>55898399
I never did that so I wouldn't know, but I vastly prefer attaching my license to an account to of calling Microsoft, even if it's just a robot answering.
"You have one Windows Pro license and it's activated on this computer" seems good to me.

The only point where I would take any kind of issue if they start doing some dumb thing where they force the integration of the account and they start charging a yearly fee.

Right now it's not even mandetory, I really don't understand how anyone could possibly take issue with this, it doesn't even sign you into the whole computer with your account if you log in to some app like OneNote
>>
>>55898438
What you said was simply not true.
>>
>>55898436
*was a wiring standard
RJ45 refers to all types of wiring standard for the 8P8C since years
>>
I swear to god if this would have happen with linux distros every windows users would laugh at the them.
>>
>>55898592
There is no license for Linux, you just download that trash.

It's free because it's shit.

Having the OPTION to attach your Windows license to an account is not bad in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>55898592
No, really?
>>
>>55898614
It wouldn't be bad if I were paid as much as you were to like it.
>>
>>55898614
I hope for your sake you are paid by Microsoft.
>>
>>55898614
What if some people don't have a microsoft account, don't want one? They paid for the fucking product, they shouldn't be treated like some pirates.
>"Opps, goy we need to make sure your purchased version of Windows is legit by login into your Microsoft account since we are too dumb to see which license is cracked and which is not :^)) "
>>
>>55898660
>too paranoid and retarded to make a Microsoft account that you could literally asign to some throwaway email account
>use Windows 10

Literally who would be this much of a self contradicting retard
>>
>>55898682
>ur retarded because u dont want to encourage them
Microsoft forces the spying shit, they disable some group policies, force cortana (can be disable with registry :^)) and now it forces you to make an account. This is only the beggining, windows 10 is getting more and more closed. It treats the users as some prisoners. How long until they will start looking for pirated software and disable it? How much until they will completely disable you from using hate speech or accesing 4chan?
>>
>>55897075
Is Windows 10 the biggest CryptoLocker in history?

Or they just plan to blackmail you with personal photos?
>>
>>55898726
>and now it forces you to make an account

Are you dense?
>>
>>55898736
To make sure your license is legit, yes.
>>
>>55898743
That's not true you dip

You have the O P T I O N to attach your license to an account.

You are NOT forced to attach your license to anything.

Even if you swap out your motherboard you can still go and call Microsoft like the moron you are because you were to stupid to just have the whole thing be automated.
>>
File: drink-bleach-1200x800.jpg (615KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
drink-bleach-1200x800.jpg
615KB, 1200x800px
>>55898776
Well that's good. I'm just gonna end myself then.
>>
File: 45343543534.png (5KB, 413x130px) Image search: [Google]
45343543534.png
5KB, 413x130px
>>55897031
wahahahaha GET FUCKED, mine's still going strong off a chipset embeded key
>>
>>55898614
$0.00001 in your account, pajeet, use it wisely
>>
Lincucks better get usable by the end of the year or we're all fucked.
>>
>>55898947
>Lincucks better get usable by the end of the year
What year was that, pajeet? 2008? Because it was pretty usable back then and it's even more usable now.
>>
>>55898947
>Linux
nah man

Linux isn't an alterantive to Windows, they don't even do the same thing
>>
I seriously wonder what OS does OP use
>>
>>55898362
Defending the human right to privacy is not paranoia. People like you deserve to get their life fucked up and sent into some bureaucratic hell from which there is no escape.
>If I'm fine with the violation of my human rights, I'm fine that everyone else's rights are violated too because they are just paranoid.
>>
>>55899203
Name three (3) scenarios where the NSA collecting my data has any negative influence on my life whatsoever

"If you do illegal shit you might get caught" is not a valid point since I'm not a criminal and criminals getting punished for what they do is a good thing.
>>
>>55899252
>get arrested by the sjw police for calling someone a niggerino on a mongolian pedophilia repository
>lose my job because my social networking activity is not normie enough
>lose all my personal information to a chink script kiddie who bypassed pajeet™-level security
>>
>>55897031
>>requires you to sign in with your microsoft account

It doesn't.

>you will have to sign in with your microsoft account every once in a while to keep running a legitimate system

No you don't.
>>
>>55899404
>>get arrested by the sjw police for calling someone a niggerino on a mongolian pedophilia repository
That's not something that will realistically happen to anyone, I should have mentioned that autistic paranoia doesn't count.

>>lose my job because my social networking activity is not normie enough
If you live in some barbarian country where employees don't have any rights whatsoever maybe
Even then, that has nothing at all to do with data collecting, if you do or do not have a social media presence is visible to anyone.
>>
>>55899474
>That's not something that will realistically happen to anyone
Maybe he lives in Sweden, Germany or Britain.
>>
>>55899474
dude just STFU and install Linux okay?
I recommend Linux Mint because it's great for beginners.

Windows spies on you... FACT.
Linux does not.
>>
>>55899474
It's not illegal to call someone a nigger in america, you dumb nigger
>>
>>55897031
>You can have a local account but you will have to sign in with your microsoft account every once in a while to keep running a legitimate system
where exactly did you get that quote from? its nowhere to be found on the site you provided

furthermore:
>Using the Activation Troubleshooter, users can associate a digital Windows 10 license with their Microsoft account. After that, they can change out hardware on their PC and re-activate Windows with the license that they associated with their account.
>can
>>
>>55897031
This is easily fixable through https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Main_Page
>>
>>55897064
#rekt
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.