[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with GTX 1070

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: inno3d-gtx-1070-ichill-x4.jpg (194KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
inno3d-gtx-1070-ichill-x4.jpg
194KB, 1024x576px
/g/ I have never asked for help before but I really need it now.
I have a dell 1909w and a u2515h and a tv. I just bought a gtx 1070 but Im having major problems with it.

1) Using my DP to miniDP cable causes screen to go black whenever I switched to 1440p in a game, restarting the monitor or swapping to hdmi and then back to minidp sometimes fixed this.

2) black screens started becoming more frequent. Sometimes when booting no image would start on the monitor and I would have to switch between hdmi and miniDP to get the image on screen so I can log in.

3) Now I cant get any image on any screen when I boot up my pc, I have tried different cables, dvi, hdmi, DP to miniDP and none of them will load an image on either of my monitors or my tv from any slot out of the gpu. They all work fine when coming from the motherboard slots.

What he hell is the problem? Does this usually happen with faulty gpus? what can I do to fix it? Do I need to get the gpu replaced? What things can do to narrow down the problem? Is there anything else you'd like to know? /g/ Im begging you.
>>
>>55896927
So this is the power and quality of Nvidia...
>>
Nvidia cards don't fail
Nice try pajeet
>>
RMA it.
>>
>>55896927

>3) Now I cant get any image on any screen when I boot up my pc, I have tried different cables, dvi, hdmi, DP to miniDP and none of them will load an image on either of my monitors or my tv from any slot out of the gpu. They all work fine when coming from the motherboard slots.

I'm confused by this one. You mean you're getting a black screen if it's connected to the dgpu, even if only one monitor is connected, but works fine from the igpu?
>>
>>55897024
yes basically if I boot off my gpu nothing will load on any of the screens, no bios, no login screen, nothing. If I boot from my igpu it will load the bios and login screen on every single monitor with all the cables, Ive tried combinations of 2 monitors, each one on its own, even tried my tv.
>>
>>55897012
Id rather save that as a last resort
>>
>>55897081
It's clearly fucked. If you hadn't said anything about trying other cables I would have suspected it was a DisplayPort problem because I've read and seen the same type of monitor problems caused by shitty DisplayPort cables that weren't up to spec, but if that shit isn't working with hdmi or dvi then it's the GPU.

You should start a support ticket anyway and they might tell you to try some things before they actually replace it.
>>
>>55897119
Ive managed to log in, just theres no display, I know Im logged in becuase I put in my passwords with the blank screen then pressed shift 5 times and the stickey keys beep happend
>>
>>55897119
my gtx 760 still works with everything so I guess it must be that gtx 1070
>>
>>55897058

Pretty sure your gpu is fucked, but try this first. Enter the bios and enable igpu multimonitor mode. Save, turn the pc off, put the 1070 in there, but keep the monitor connected to the igpu. Turn it on and check results.
In this mode it's the dgpu that's doing all the rendering, igpu only receives the data and relays to the monitor.
>>
>>55897012
do I RMA it with the manufacturer of the GPU or from the website I bought it from?
>>
>>55897394
Unless the manufacturer has their own return service like i believe EVGA has, just return it to the retailer.
>>
>>55897389
I went into the bios from the mobo, saw that that was already enabled so I didnt change anything, now nothing is booting from the igpu anymore, thigns will only boot from my gtx 760, I have absolutely no idea what to do now
>>
>>55897572

Ok, that sounds like it could be the mobo instead. Do you have another pc you can test the 1070 on?
>>
>>55897603
it works from the igpu when no gpu is plugged in but now with the 760 in its not loading anything off the mobo, and yeah I can try my friends pc I guess
>>
>>55897612

Give it a try. I'm sure it's not the 760 fucking things up, as I have precisely a 760 and multimonitor mode enabled, driving one monitor from each gpu, and everything works flawlessly.
>>
>>55897735
when I have my 760 in I cant boot from the igpu but I can boot from the gpu

When I have the 1070 in I can boot from the igpu but cant boot from the gpu
>>
>>55898667

Yeah it's probably the mobo fucking up the settings.
You might try a bios reset, just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>55898705
yeah Ill give that a go, I can test the 1070 on a friends pc too
>>
>>55898705
Did a bios reset but still not working, I submitted a ticket to the support forum for the manufacturers and I will try it in my friends pc once it stops pissing down with rain
>>
>>55899199
OK the card works completely fine in my friends pc, them to frankenstein the two computers and locate what the problem is
>>
bios update maybe?
>>
>>55896990
>>>/v/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.