[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Edward Snowden a genius?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: Ckg9l12WkAEMxw4.jpg (138KB, 1047x937px) Image search: [Google]
Ckg9l12WkAEMxw4.jpg
138KB, 1047x937px
Is Edward Snowden a genius?
>>
>>55896659
He was book smart.
>>
>>55896659
Wait, why is there a file tutorial on how to open shit with wordpad and why the hell was it top secret?
>>
>>55897118
>why the hell was it top secret
Don't you want your government to be as secret as possible anon?
>>
>>55896659
>System Administration
Man, fuck this guy.
>>
>>55897145
>sysadmin making 200k a year
>>
>>55897139
So this was communication between 2 NSA members?
>>
>>55896659

My helpdesk would bitch slap someone if they brought them this problem.

I can't believe Booz was paying this guy to teach idiot military how to open a fucking .rtf. Jesus fuck.
>>
>>55897160
Who cares. My rage comes from not knowing anything about him and watching that VICE interview. You'd think he was in fucking R&D. Nope. Sysadmin.
>>
>>55897220
So what?
>>
A hero to sys admins everywhere.
>>
>>55897170

It's correspondence between one or more NSA employee and their dedicated tech support, in this case Snowden.

Looks like the NSA had trouble opening .rtf files in Notepad...
>>
All you wannabe managers out there, take heed: this is what happens when you bore people to tears with your stupid job.

>b-but we're billing them at $450/hr!
>client is happy
>they are happy

They're bored out of their minds and when they inevitably run across something that is slightly to the left of legal, they'll share it with their buddies.

A bored helpdesk is how we ended up with a collection of sexts between CIOs and contractors.
>>
>>55897213
He was a shoe in. His entire family was comprised of high ranking naval officers and FBI agents.

He came from a background of privilege and probably could have had any job he wanted.
>>
>>55897118
>and why the hell was it top secret?
Because it was part of an email chain where the original email was classified as such.

Things are also classified at the record level, which will have all correspondence relating to that record, so it might just be that this was in a record which was otherwise top secret.
>>
>>55897257

So he takes some boring-ass job regurgitating things that could be found on a simple search or was probably in the training to begin with? Gawd what a waste of time.

Unless of course you're there for the purposes of uncovering more NSA wrongdoing, being a complete fucking drama queen and doing the "ohhhh I'm running so fast from the USA will they catch me ooooooh!" and then releasing all of this "explosive" data only to find no one gives a shit.

We'd rather catch the next suicide bomber. And, no, don't quote Jefferson to me. I know.
>>
>>55896659
He's a traitor and I hope they have a spot with his name at gitmo.
>>
>>55897233
So, he's a fucking poser. He's the guy that acts like a martyr at work who really doesn't do much other than preventative maintenance, and probably decided to "leak" (read: copy a .ost/pst) sensitive information whenever he "had to" (read: desperately reaching out). Mother-phuckkkkk that guy.

And the secrets he does know? From having the clearance to be included on email chains. Emails written by people who actually do what he is perceived to have done. He explains the difference between wordpad and word. Sys Admin...
>>
>>55897118

Imagine you go to work and it's at a location where you can't even tell your spouse where it is. You can't have a GPS-enabled cell phone, and all of the in-car emergency assistance (OnStar, etc.) will be blocked within a ten mile radius of the facility.

You go through the first gate, park at your designated spot, and go to a locker area. There, you put in all of your electronic devices and take the key. Then you go through a scanner like they have at the TSA, so if you think of hiding a drive in your shoe, forget it.

Then you go through, badge into your office, use your tri-factor authentication in order to open your computer, say hello to the cameras that are following your every move and keystroke, and start to open vapid emails from people who have no business touching a computer.

Oh, and you have to have passed a background check that goes back 10 years, a polygraph test, and a follicle drug test.

There are no windows, no fresh air, and most places are so far underground your ears pop.

Welcome to work!
>>
>>55897352

If he was "R&D" he wouldn't have access to leak the volume of information that a sysadmin would have access to, idiot
>>
>>55897358
sounds /cyb/ as fuck
I like it
>>
>>55897373
Go back to school already you illiterate fuck.
>>
File: Sad_Obama.jpg (40KB, 635x345px) Image search: [Google]
Sad_Obama.jpg
40KB, 635x345px
>>55897139
>>55897118
So much for the "most transparent administration ever."
>>
>>55897358
Any videos of that place?
>>
>>55897358
>There are no windows, no fresh air, and most places are so far underground your ears pop.
So in a submarine
>>
>>55897306
How old are you? Just curious.
>>
File: 1407119379594.png (129KB, 724x611px) Image search: [Google]
1407119379594.png
129KB, 724x611px
>>55897410
>get called out on your shit
>sperg out
>admitting to getting your news from fucking VICE

kys
>>
>>55896659
>>55897118
This is probably in response to that security bug in Word that, iirc, allowed rtf files to install malware.

That would explain why they feel the need to explain this in such a basic way, since they don't want anyone to accidentally download malware, including the non-technical employees.
>>
>>55897306
>We'd rather catch the next suicide bomber.
They won't catch shit. Terrorists use prepaid dumbphones paid for in cash. All this NSA shit is actually trivial to circumvent.

It's a security theater and you're the reason it exists at all. Promptly kill yourself.
>>
>>55897358
>There are no windows, no fresh air,
So in an average gentoomans room
>>
So…
If, for whatever reason, I'd want to block the NSA from reading muh precious super sicrit animus, I just save them in a file type that windows cant open with a double click by default and I'm good?
>>
>>55897306
I don't think he signed up with CIA to uncover shit, He was just an autistic idealist, Or he may even be a limited hangout and its all for show.

He was well paid so it's certainly odd why anyone would walk away from all that bank he was making to go live in exile on the lamb.
>>
I hate that fucking traitor Snowdon.

Polonium enema when?
>>
>>55897358
Not so bad, I've always lived in my mother's basement, so I'd be right at home.
>>
>>55897988
$0.25 has been deposited into your account
>>
File: snowden.jpg (523KB, 2397x1015px) Image search: [Google]
snowden.jpg
523KB, 2397x1015px
>>
>>55897530
Terrorism is the new boogeyman they use to justify the draconian laws and spying, Back in the 60s -80s it was "communism" but then people finally got wise and realized communism didn't actually exist and the soviet union collapsed confirming that.

Now its terrorism which is a broad term that can be applied to any group, It's all a lie to keep the military funded and the wars going indefinitely.
>>
>>55898084
>new
Nigger, it's been 15 years since the patriot act.
>>
>>55896659

That's basically the kind of tech job you're going to end up in if you can't program, explaining to idiots how to open documents and make text bold for life. So learn to code or find some other industry if you value your sanity.
>>
>>55897306
>Not taking the comfy sys admin job where you play vidya for the most part of the day

I bet you are an underage with the the dream of becoming president.
>>
>>55898053
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>55898349

Who would win?
>>
>>55898453
snowden already won
>>
>>55896659
that is a very nice and thorough explanation that is also not condescending
>>
>>55897416

Probably. There are always punchlist walkthroughs on any large construction project. They'd do it for insurance purposes if nothing more.

>>55897472

Grandpa-tier.
>>
>>55897358
Sounds comfy as fuck
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.