[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Rig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160803-033355.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160803-033355.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
I'm software developer that has no idea what the fuck I'm doing with computer hardware. I'm a disgrace, I know.

I'm trying to get into it, and I've decided to build my own rig and learn about each part as I go. Does anyone know of any good, well-rounded reads I can flip through that will not only be informative, but also review products? I do know the VERY basics, but I really want to up my knowledge base. Im not necessarily looking for an all in one solution, a few pages that are trustworthy will do fine. I've browsed Google but I just don't know how to tell who REALLY knows what they're talking about, so I've decided to trust you strangers.

>Pic not relative
>>
go to the apple store
>>
>>55896513
Cheers pal
>>
>>55896461
Wikipedia.
Its well explained there.
Also whats there to know?

The cpu is the unit that translates /calculates binary to orders pretty much

The graphics card is responsible for heavy calculations like 3d modeling

The power supply as its name, supplies power.. Tranferring certain amounts depending on its capacity and if its bronze gold titanium

The ram is random memory that the computer uses since its faster to reach stuff in there, stuff that are active, like programs that you are currently using, games, your os.

Hard disk is a storage unit for everything... Pretty sure you know what this does

The motherboard transfers electricity(from the psu) to ports and cards and components connected to it, such as graphics cards, sound cards, usb ports..

Still. Read wikipedia.
My explanation is pretty shit.
>>
>>55896537
Don't listen to this faggot >>55896513. The best thing you can do is to just go to http://www.apple.com/mac/compare/ then pick the right mac for you. If you have trouble with that, you can ask for support. If you need to build your own custom to rig to do any computing, you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>55896619
I was wary to trust it but I did skim it. I'll read it thoroughly. Thank you.
>>
>>55896461
Go watch fucking linus tech tips or some shit it's not that hard
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.