[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on MakersAcademy & learn to code institutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: mmss.png (412KB, 1115x631px) Image search: [Google]
mmss.png
412KB, 1115x631px
I was browsing a magazine and saw an advert for makersacademy and have just looked at it. i am doing udemy courses on app dev and web dev and i am going to try to make this my full time source of income by next summer. i have a job already, but it gives me lots of free time.

Would spending £4,000 on this course pay off in the end? would it just get me a job in a city? if so how much?

i am reading their website for the first time, so i am unaware of them, but i though that /g/ would have some opinions about the whole thing.
>>
Code bootcamps are an overpriced meme. You can get the same knowledge elsewhere for free
>>
>>55896051
/thread
>>
>>55896051
any tips of where to look? the udemy courses seem quite good, but i don't know what it is missing. books would be out of date by the time they are written.

could you recommend any websites that would guide me towards what i need to know or show me what i should be learning so i can compare it to what i know/will know.

thanks.
>>
>>55895951
If you can't learn code by yourself you shouldn't be trying to learn how to code.
>>
>>55896153
that's a stupid opinion.
>>
>>55896095
Just learn to read the documentation. Learn good practices and design. These things will make you best programmer, very attractive to big firm.
>>
>>55896177
You're the one needing help to learn coding lel, I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than you.

Coding is pleb tier and you're borderline average or below average if you have trouble with it.
>>
>>55896186
'read the manual' seems so obvious i never thought of it.
>>
>>55895951
Literally pricier than College. Why
>>
>>55896207
It is a trap to think you will find some better way of learning.

Just get a little piece and build off of it. Hello World, then go up. Make something dead simple, then harder and harder until you are doing space invaders etc.

Eventually you are learning libraries/frameworks/new languages but because you have learned how to learn you can just add them to your toolbox.

Really the only way to get better is practice like anything else.
>>
>>55896258
Does college get government subsidy? That would explain it.
>>
>>55896341
I don't live in a 3rd world country that lets it's students in debt to study.
>>
>>55896095
Freecodecamp.com is a decent resource for learning basic web dev. Although it's geared toward JS
>>
>>55896436
Enjoy your non-innovation because of government-controlled education.
>>
>>55896474
Well. I study in one of the top 25 technology colleges in the world, top 3 in european programming competitions and top 10 in world technologic production. Enjoy your debt even before graduating
>>
>>55896051
wise words. Meh i get better result by googling for solution and pirating ebooks or uni textbooks.

Online course is never a good thing unless you are really old (like past 40 years old) and you do it just for the sake of doing it.
>>
>>55896196
Damn dude you are so smart and cool.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.