[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 353
Thread images: 40

File: dwight2.jpg (89KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
dwight2.jpg
89KB, 1000x500px
/sqt/
>>
>>55894221
Can I install linux fedora on some VMware and use it for programming in C? I don't really want to remove Wndows from my PC.
>>
>>55894256
Yes
>>
>>55894256
yes, but you can dual boot you know. google 'fedora dual boot guide' and a few should show up.
>>
What's the best and easiest way to install Windows 10 Home on a new build?
>>
>>55894301
make sure you have a windows 10 install burned onto a flashdrive or dvd. just put that shit into the pc and follow the instructions to install.
>>
>>55894299
Thanks m8. I actually already had Fedora on a different laptop and the HDD crashed and need to be replaced. Lucky for me my old ass laptop is still putting in work.

Appreciate the tip Anon. I've been downloading a shit ton of drivers and software.

I actually boot and nuked this PC also.

Thank you again.
>>
>>55894320
Don't you need randall or some other shit to use the USB properly? I don't know, I always used DVDs and only know about that USB tool because people in KAT comment sections used to spam it saying you need the USB tool.

RIP to KAT.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (12KB, 276x182px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
12KB, 276x182px
Name of that program? It's like a virtual version of that shit you see in shows where people tie string around tacks to visualize the relationship between things, you could create bubbles full of info and link them together and you'd eventually end up with a huge Web of relationships. Kind of like pic related.
>>
>>55894328
no problem famalam:^)
>>
So when I have to set an automake version environment variable, do I just put 1.9.6 or the whole 1.9.6p11?
>>
>>55894338
If you download the official ISO from the microsoft site it should include a usb bootable media tool. Yes you can still pirate that shit.
>>
I just reinstalled stock firmware on my galaxy s4 and let it install "software update"s and now I'm running lollipop.
Now this last "software update" states in update details:
>After updating, you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy.
Does this mean I can't install kitkat with odin after updating?
>>
>>55894354
linky
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
>>
>>55894380
Very likely. I would suggest heading over to XDA before upgrading. A lot of times an upgrade will patch holes used to root or boot a custom rom. You should know what you're getting into and if there are any steps you should take before upgrading
>>
Living with my parents for a while. I've set up a router in bridge mode upstairs to extend the range of their gateway, but for some reason it has some degree of signal degradation on a wired connection in the form of packet loss on my xbox. Connecting to the gateway itself via wireless resulted in no packet loss. Any ideas as to why that would be? There was a double NAT issue, but that should've been straightened out when I set up the bridge.
>>
File: 1470212475811.png (24KB, 390x591px) Image search: [Google]
1470212475811.png
24KB, 390x591px
How do I fix this shit? The numbers I have always give me that error message. No e-mail has been associated with it.
>>
>>55894610
So the modes are a little bit weird here. I'm assuming the two devices are connected by a physical cable. You either want to set the router as strictly an accesspoint (meaning a device that does no routing and just extends your wireless network) or bridge the gateway so that it functions only as a modem and doesn't put out wifi at all and probably does not allow you to access it's settings. If you do anything where both routers are broadcasing wifi symultaneously, there is potential for them to interfere with eachother.
>>
I am following this disallow pasting a password thing. I get it when paypal makes you type it once for password changes, but why are people doing this? I can't come up with anything but retarded shit like blocking brute force attacks.
>>
>>55894768
See, I'd considered wifi interference, but the trouble there is that the console was connected to the router (rendered an access point via bridging if I understand what I did, but to be honest I'm flying blind here) via ethernet. Wireless doesn't come into the equation in this situation, does it?

By all means let me know if I've done something wrong because I did want this router to be strictly an access point. After spending half the night trying and failing to get the fucker to cascade I resorted to bridging.
>>
Best vpn server software for linux?
>>
Is Linux better for programming than Windows? If so, why?
>>
>>55894818
So you're saying there's ethernet between your gateway and your router, and also between your router and xbox? What is the name of the setting you changed on your router to put it in 'bridging mode'?
>>
>>55894864
OpenVPN
>>
>>55894918
I use exactly the terminology given to me in the support page which I followed, my dude.

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=137888
>>
File: 1sctq8.jpg (22KB, 416x381px) Image search: [Google]
1sctq8.jpg
22KB, 416x381px
Do any of you have experience coding emulators? If so, what are your experiences?
>>
>>55895009
Check the emulation general on /vg/, they should be able to help you famalam
>>
what new media download program can i get? atube catcher isnt working anymore for some reason
>>
>>55894927
Well, I'd connect the line from your gateway directly to the xbox to see if you still have a problem that way. If that isn't it, then it sounds like the router might just be messing up, or maybe the short cable to the xbox is damaged. You could try putting the gateway in bridging mode and making the router your only router to see if that fixes the problem without changing anything physically. If it is your router at fault, you might try flashing a custom firmware like OpenWRT, or just buying a cheap switch to replace it if you don't need wifi on the second floor.
>>
>>55894728
Please send help, I really need to get access to my account
>>
>>55895078
You're probably better off looking on forums for people that have dealt with that exact problem. They would be better able to explain what works and what doesn't from experience
>>
>>55895105
I did, I actually looked around a lot. And the people that managed to recover got it from filling the account recovery form of google and praying.

But it's fairly luck based if you don't have recovery methods, so I came here to see if anyone had any ideas.
>>
>>55895119
Well if they're asking for a phone number that you've previously linked to your account, and you never had linked a number that they find acceptable, then there's really no way to make it work. Not unless you were able to transfer a linked number to a new phone company that they did find acceptable, and that would take a few days and probably end up costing more than you want to put into this, and might not work anyway. Practically speaking, if you've tried all possible numbers on both phone and text, that's it. Time to move on to the form. Be sure and fill it out while using an internet connection you usually use, because a matching ip can help your odds of success.
>>
>tons of firefox crashes lately
>also getting lots of BSODs with memory-related error names
I'm guessing my RAM is failing?
>>
File: fkingplug.jpg (95KB, 1000x845px) Image search: [Google]
fkingplug.jpg
95KB, 1000x845px
Hey /g/ i need a replacement ac adapter for my speakers.
Would a 12v 1.6a(or above) work fine with pic related? 11.5 replacements seem to be hard to find. Thanks.
>>
File: disc.png (130KB, 814x382px) Image search: [Google]
disc.png
130KB, 814x382px
Should I replace SSD's in my laptop?
>>
>>55894221
Why do you call yourself Small instead of Stupid now?
>>
>>55894221
I am trying to make a boot-able Linux USB, for an EFI install. It seems simple enough, I have read many a tutorial on it. yet it never seems to work, even for the simple distros like Ubuntu.

I am now looking at my USB drives and finding that they (plural) seem to retain information that they shouldn't, old files still on them after reformatting and new partition table mapped. I have tried the BASH "cp" method and use Gparted to inspect and wipe, yet some of them don't seem to completely change. And now in closer inspection Gparted says odd things like
create empty partition table: check
clear old file system: check
set partition table on disk: check
create EX4 file system: error

How the heck can it get that far then fail, and have the old files still readable on the disk? Something is not right.
>>
File: _85865219_gettyimages-489713700.jpg (43KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_85865219_gettyimages-489713700.jpg
43KB, 660x371px
im thnking of buying a gtx1060. is it worth upgrading my monitor to a 1440p one? or would it be better to buy a gtx 1070 for 1440p gaming?

thanks in advance
>>
Alright /g/, why won't this post? I've tried booting with both the GPU and RAM, without the GPU, and without the GPU and RAM, each time no signal on the monitor and no POST sounds. I have no other spare parts and whenever I try to boot it all of the fans spin up. What do?
>>
>>55895698
You don't seem to have a heat sink attached.
>>
It's usually recommended to remove and reapply thermal paste when you lift the heat sink from the CPU. Whereever I've encountered this recommendation, however, it's in the context of somebody taking off a cooler that has been there for a while. Is it also the case if you happen to pull the cooler up from the CPU immediately after seating it for the first time?
>>
>>55895777
If you didn't tighten it would probably be okay, but still not ideal. If it was tightened down at all you should clean and reapply.
>>
xhamster doesnt support webm

so what do i use to convert webm to mp4?
>>
File: content_Basement.png (108KB, 365x232px) Image search: [Google]
content_Basement.png
108KB, 365x232px
>>55893064
I've got an L shaped, unfinished basement with a TV and receiver in the corner, +/- 500sq ft, pic is close enough.

Would a 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system be good enough to cover the whole area? Speaker size? Looking for a consistent sound, not super theater surround sound.

Any inexpensive speaker recommendations? Monoprice? Yard sales?
>>
File: 1461135107052.gif (1MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461135107052.gif
1MB, 480x480px
I forgot to back up EFS now my phone doesn't recognize sim.
What do?
>>
What was the best 4:3 LCD monitor ever sold in terms of resolution and color accuracy?
>>
>>55895464
It's a sensitive sally that's making the threads. Even on the wiki it says Stupid not small, fucking niggers
>>
File: Capture.png (12KB, 658x290px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
12KB, 658x290px
made this email scraper in python but it prints each of the emails in the html file twice
the reason i move it to emails.txt and read it again because i'm reading it from a .html file

how do i fix it/make it prettier?
>>
I'm running an image grabber on Imagefap and DLing as many pictures as I can. I recently broke a million files and now I can't connect to IF, which I'm imagining is an IP ban. Unplugging my modem for a minute doesn't seem to do anything.

Would a VPN make this all better?
>>
Is it possible to hide the Windows Defender icon in the taskbar after the Anniversary update? Tried "Turn system icons on or off" but it isn't showing up there.
>>
>>55896559
Also is it possible to switch back to the old version of Sticky Notes? The new one sucks, the notes and text are too large and take up too much screen space.
>>
Since Firefox 48 is a pile of transvestite shit with undigested corn in it what's the best FF fork nowadays? I'm a Windows baby and I don't belong in /g/ except /sqt/.
>>
>>55895350
An .m2 SSD should be at least 8 times faster than whatever crap you posted on the left side.
>>
>>55896647
SATA m.2 ssds exist, not every m.2 is NVMe

>>55895350
yes, those are hdd speeds.
>>
I would like to play Ingress, but am a paranoid fuck.

Is there a way to have your activity uploaded, say, an hour after you were actually there?

I like the concept of the game a lot, but absolutely hate anyone with an account being able to track my movements. Suggestions appreciated for delayed upload.
>>
>>55894320
What if I don't have a Windows install anywhere? How do I get the product key? I thought about buying the Windows 10 Home OEM from Amazon but a dude here told me that it was shit and it linked me to a site that I missed.
>>
>>55896229
Sorry but your phone is fucked. Remember to back up next time.
>>
does anyone know of a simple RFID reader you could use with javascript for a webapp (like with node webit) ?
maybe if it's using serial or HID it could be easily read?
>>
File: perl.jpg (25KB, 600x309px) Image search: [Google]
perl.jpg
25KB, 600x309px
is it worth it to learn perl? any tips or links to good sites to lern it on the best way? give me informations /g/
>>
>>55894221
I want to hide the menu bar for the gnome-terminal on arch linux, but every time i uncheck it and restart the terminal the menu bar will have reappeared, how do i permanently disable it?
>>
File: 2016-08-03.jpg (16KB, 760x231px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03.jpg
16KB, 760x231px
What's to blame for this? I don't have this problem with Pastebin or YouTube. Is it 4chanX?
>>
just run Gparted to change the entire disk partition to ZFS (the only one gentoo can be upgraded to) install ubunt, then upgrade it to gentoo by running sudo apt-get update && upgrade gentoo
>>
PNY CS1311 is the SSD card I plan to buy for my next pc build.
Max read speed: 560 MB/s
Max write speed: 530 MB/s
Max transfer speed: 750 MB/s
Are these good specs?
I can get the 480 GB for 132€ on Amazon now, but I may find it at lower price in a fair I'm going to soon. Is it good value? Do you know this brand?
>>
What was all the talk about cortana not being able to be disabled in the most recent windows 10 update? It doesn't even work for me now
>>
TPG aint helping, so heres my question:
I wanted to put a new hard drive in my x220t, should I replace the hdd with an ssd or use a mSATA ssd?
>>
how do i determine if input is link url or file path in python?
without just if input == "link" --> do smth
>>
What's the best z170 mobo under $300?

I'm lost. The ones with the 10 phases are Assrock and I had a bad experience with these boards.
EVGA boards are good, but they went full retard and the boards don't have any usb 2.0 headers.
Asus boards have low as fuck ratings everywhere and complains about shitty customer service.

What the fuck do I buy?
>>
>>55894221
is there any good online source to finding a job?

startup did the startup thing and i'm out of a job

>its the only time in the last 5 years theres no open dev jobs in this town
PANIC

>luckily i can collect unemployment
but thanks to florida would only be about half of my paychecks hardly covering rent
>>
>>55897113

I doubt your ability to code, anon. I really do.
>>
File: this-is-fine.0.jpg (107KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-fine.0.jpg
107KB, 1280x854px
>>55897131
whatever nerd, when i was 16 i reversed the encryption used on a messaging system by disassembling the application and running through all the functions

at least i was making 40K last week

now i'm making 5K

STARTUP LIFE IS SO MUCH FUN AND NOT STRESS INDUCING AT ALL
>>
>>55896998
just buy a Samsung pro evo 850 for about the same price.
>>
>>55897161

Yet you still have no idea what dice, monster, linkedin, and USA jobs is all about.

Life skills. You need dem. I suggest tending bar. You'll learn more of what you need to know.
>>
File: 1461015037011.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461015037011.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
how set transparent borders in i3 like this?

i know.. need compton. my problem is with colors
>>
Whenever I turn on my laptop, it powers on for a few seconds then turns off, then turns on again and proceeds to boot normally. It never did this before, should I be worried?
>>
is toshiba tv a real 10bit panel or they're lying?
>>
>>55897178
256 GB of that have the same price as a 480 GB PNY and they don't seem to perform better for what I can judge by looking at specs and users' screenshots. One more questions: are all Sata 6GB/s ports retrocompatible with SATA 3 GB/s interfaces?
>>
File: samsungssd.jpg (93KB, 954x445px) Image search: [Google]
samsungssd.jpg
93KB, 954x445px
>>55897318
Don't know where you are looking, in Germany and most surrounding countries 480Gb is €138 right now.
>>
>>55897199
#fff
>>
Using Ccleaner on a external HDD. I've never done it before, is there a catch?
>>
>>55897057
someone?
>>
>>55897190
linked keeps showing shit i'm not qualified for like mechanical engineering when i'm a software engineer

dice literally doesn't list anything where i live
neither does USAjobs

i've gotten a few jobs off craigslist including grooveshark, but theres literally nothing even on there like "shitty website for muh dog"

i was told you need to pay for monster to really use it so i haven't

>literally 5 seconds ago someone from across the building (incubator) finally needs some work for $20/hr

saved
>>
>>55897562
turns out this guy builds hardware random number generators

has a dozen patents and gobment money

movin on up
>>
is there a decent, freeware, alternative to displayfusion?
>>
File: GEESU.jpg (115KB, 1024x1251px) Image search: [Google]
GEESU.jpg
115KB, 1024x1251px
Why are there 100 versions of the same graphics card

Which 1070 would you recommend for this build (I heard bad stuff about the FE's stock cooler)

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/z3Bn7h
>>
File: Picr.jpg (831KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Picr.jpg
831KB, 3264x1836px
I found a very old laser mouse and I was wondering how do I clean the motherboard from all that dust and shit?
>>
what's a good projector for a small home theater
>>
How would one quickly change multiple folder icons at a time?
>>
I'm getting started in compsci in uni this fall. Is there any opencourseware, book or whatever I should complete to be more prepared for what's about to come?
>>
>>55897689
Yeah the reference cooler is garbage. The card is basically the same no matter the manufacturer, some are overclocked or some shit. The big difference is the cooler.
Msi/gigabyte/asus/evga are the most popular brands
Inno3d has been gaining some popularity lately but their ichill cooler is loud as fuck
>>
>>55897562

You can't formulate searches, trust what others tell you, and think you're saved at $20/hr.

You can't think. No wonder the start-up failed.

Don't tell me, you're a minority. . . .
>>
>>55897345
Yeah sorry, I was looking in the wrong place. Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB is 140€ here, for what I must do on my SSD I should probably go with a Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB which is around 90€.
>>
>>55898027
Evos are not faster per say, but they give consistent performance close to fair 6 gbits, while others give 6 gbits only under certain conditions.
>>
>>55898051
At the beginning I was oriented towards a PNY SSD because lots of people claimed that they performed better than more famous brands even though they're cheaper. Samsung 850 Evo is declared to have a longer life span though, then it might be a better long time investment. I'm going to install OS, games, programs (like browsers and LibreOffice), music and maybe even images on the SSD, while I'm going to keep everything else on the external WD 1TB HDD.
>>
Is Unetbootin only meant for creating Live drives?
Is that why I'm having so much trouble burning netinstalls with it?
>>
File: 1468999688736.png (930KB, 760x706px) Image search: [Google]
1468999688736.png
930KB, 760x706px
what happens when you initialize an integer value to a String variable?
int someInt = 34128357418
String bleh = String(someInt);
then what would "bleh" look like if i printed it to the output window?
>>
Can anyone provide me with an up to date guide of how to make a bootable GNU/inux USB drive? I've tried a few different methods from youtube videos but they've all failed to boot.
>>
>>55897057
pls helperu
>>
Using bash to get a specific line of text from a webpage.

Is using wget the only way to do this? I ask because it would likely be slow as fuck since I have to do it for several hundred urls.

thanks.
>>
>>55898469
It would look the same as if you printed out someInt.
>>
>>55898534
Bump
I tried LiLi with a ubuntu 16.04 iso and it failed. Have you tried win32 imager??
>>
Currently running 2 AMD Radeon HD 7970s pushing 4K.

Should I upgrade to:
>1 Nvidia GTX 1080 ($650)
>2 AMD RX480s ($400)
>2 AMD R9 Fury Xs ($800)
>>
>>55898643
Ive tried universal USB installer and UNetbootin with Ubuntu, linuxmint, and slax, and had no success. Except for slax which just stops mid-boot, they alll say something about missing config or live files
>>
>>55898648
I'd say 1080, the EVGA 1080 sc is the bomb.
>>
>>55898659
Well shit, I'd try win32 imager. I wouldn't reccomned LiLi, it failed for me
>>
Should I start using uMatrix instead of NoScript and Policeman in Firefox?
>>
how hot is too hot for a cpu?

can you use cans of compressed air to safely clean a pc?
because a lot of times moisture can come out of those
>>
File: 1462069516370.png (184KB, 660x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462069516370.png
184KB, 660x720px
On Linux Mint, do I stop my screen from dimming when I watch Youtube videos? I don't want to change the settings so that the screen never dims, though, I just want it to recognize that it's not inactive.
>>
>>55898734
yes.
noscripts whitelist behavior is absolutely retarded.
>>
>>55898618
you can use curl too, the question is, what are you trying to do?
maybe there's an easier way than you think.
>>
>>55896077
ffmpeg
>>
>>55896259
Probably some NEC medical monitor. Hell I've been searching for a 5:4 monitor with a resolution of 2560x2048 because I found out they exist
>>
>>55898441
Still here, I'm sure someone here knows...
>>
>>55899290
It's only been an hour, don't be so impatient.
>>
File: clever-cat-using-pc.jpg (81KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
clever-cat-using-pc.jpg
81KB, 1024x767px
Hey, I'm buying a laptop. Budget is very important factor and I'd rather not overpay for little or unnoticeable improvements.
Which one would you pick for playing MMOs? Will I be able to replace HDD with SSD and add ram in both?

ASUS R556LB (quite expensive)
i5-5200U
NVIDIA GeForce 940M
4gb ram (some shops claim it's 8gb)

LENOVO IdeaPad 100-15IBD (cheaper)
i5-5200U
NVIDIA GeForce 920M 2GB
4gb

and would adding more RAM be worth it?
>>
>>55899290
>>55898441
there's no difference, a netinstaller is just a trimmed down installer that downloads the files it needs instead of loading them from the disk.
what troubles do you have?
>>
What's the best 144hz monitor for the best price? I'm moving out soon and would like to get 2 monitors for my room. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>55899360
If I may add I want to use it in international travels so supporting multiple plugs and generally being portable is a huge +. Good WiFi is a must.
>>
>>55899360
>>55899431
>budget
>muh games
>portable
pick two
>>
>>55899363
Trying to boot the USB with UEFI, it says I need to insert a bootable drive. A few weeks ago when I used it to burn the Debian netinst it booted, but the Debian installer told me it could not detect a cd-rom drive. And it wasn't completely off, I suppose, because I don't have a cd drive.
>>
>>55894221
So I installed a graphic card. The system would boot past the BIOS and pick either the internal graphic or the new card. Never really work just the way I wanted, but it still always worked, in that at least on monitor would get to the OS.

Well computer today computer was acting up, so I ran a diagnostic. It said that a cable was loose, and mentioned among other things the intruder cable.
Dell error code 2000-0415 validation 66117, if anyone knows more

Well my unit never had the intruder system setup, but figured it wouldn't hurt to un-plug and re-plug everything while powered down.

Now the manufacturer BIOS says I have an invalid graphic setup and just halts everything, I mean everything, can't even get into the manufactures diagnostic system.

If I take the graphic card out it throws a
Dell error code 2000-0415 validation 99000, but will still work.

What is going on here?
How does that even break the setup?
And what is Dell error code 2000-0415 validation 66117 & 99000?

It bad enough with all these EFI boot issues, but this is driving me to the point of madness.
>>
Is It A Good Idea To Microwave A Loli?
>>
Why does every bitcoin exchange want to give me a fucking prostate exam before letting me buy some coin?

I thought this was supposed to be anonymous.
>>
>>55899513
>Budget
Anon I'm living in a 3rd world.
That's all I can afford, besides these models aren't the stock builds you can get in USA.
>>
>>55899521
uefi doesn't need a bootable disk.
all you need is fat32 formatted drive with a gpt partition table.
you can just copy the files from the bootable isos onto there, uefi knows how to boot into them without needing some special flags.

if you're on windows look into rufus, it's much better than unetbootin.
>>
>>55899532
Is that a title of something?
>>
>>55898618
Tell us what you are doing specifically you baka
You can run as many wget/curls as you want at a time if you know how.
>>
>>55899561
>you can just copy the files from the bootable isos onto there, uefi knows how to boot into them without needing some special flags
Ok thanks, I had no idea about that.

I've installed about a dozen different distros, including Arch, and consistently the most difficult part for me has been burning to the bootable drive. No idea how I've been fucking up such a simple thing.
>>
Asus, Linksys, Netgear, TP-Link: What's the best brand for a home modem? I care about my freedumbs and shit.

>>55894895
I tend to think that it is because first it'll teach you how to think like a programmer, second the shell is actually usable (which is quite important if the programming language you chose needs a command-line installer for its packages) and third linking shit when compiling something won't be terribly painful.
But you aren't required to use Linux to learn how to code. Plenty of excellent professional programmers use windows.

>>55895044
Have you looked into youtube-dl?

>>55895473
Can't you just
dd if=file.iso of=/dev/sdb
, install your system and then
grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot
if your installer somehow didn't manage to install grub corectly?

>>55896509
Yes it probably would, if the issue is actually being banned.
Also, if unplugging your modem didn't work that probably means you have a static IP.

>>55896900
Yes, probably 4chanX, if you don't have something like noscript/umatrix/ublock whatever else installed.

>>55898734
Yes.
>>
How to find the true identity of someone using an alias
>>
>>55899360
>>55899431
bump
>>
Windows 10 didnt come with image viewer. Whats the most simple image viewer i should install?
>>
File: 1429132434376.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1429132434376.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
Is Windows 10 really as bad as they say?
>>
>>55899925
Worse.
>>
>>55899918
/g/ likes irfanview. I prefer honeyview. You could just use your browser to view pictures if you don't want to install anything, though.

>>55899925
Win10 is better than its predecessors performance wise. It's far worse privacy-wise.

>>55899848
MMOs aren't usually performance-hungry. Choose the cheaper computer. I'd take 8GB too.
>>
When a single sector craps out on a hard drive in a RAID1, is the corresponding sector on the other hard drive put out of commision as well? Or does it run along with higher capacity than the other and just ignore surplus sectors if the RAID1 is filled.

Sort of theoretical I know. But this is the kind of stuff that's rarely mentioned even in more thorough "RAID explained" texts
>>
>>55899684
I've been using this, too lazy to take out the duplicates but here.
http://pastebin.com/N3UHEZqv
>>
>>55899925
Setting aside all the botnet privacy-violating shit, it's actually pretty decent for your average computer-illiterate baby-boomer / office jockey.
>>
Do Android phones have some kind of a audio cancellation of music/audio blasting from their own speakers during calls?

My boss just rang me while I was watching a porn music video, and the stupid firefox browser kept playing the audio track during the call. He didn't react to it but now I'm afraid he heard the lewd audio track. I wasn't talking via loudspeaker, just the regular call.

Oh and MIUI if that matters.
>>
>>55899952
>You could just use your browser to view pictures
Wew how could i forget, thanks for reminding me.
Also, why does http://i.4cdn.org/wg/1468607362840.jpg have both dvi and vga connected?
>>
>>55898708
Dunno if you're still there, but I got it working with unetbootin and Linux mint
>>
>>55900055
I have the same setup. When I boot linux the monitor reads from the vga input which is connected to my integrated video card, when I boot windows the monitor reads from its dvi input which is connected to my dedicated graphics card.
This way I don't have to install shitty drivers on my Linux install.
>>
>>55900029
call yourself with the same setup, if you don't have an extra phone, use google hangouts or something to call
>>
how do i scrape a link for emails in python? i got it to it to work with .txt files but not for urls

should i download the given links with urrliband then look through the html file with re.findall?
or is there a better way to do it?

i tried some stuff from google, convert it to string from byte, etc, but idk what's wrong. pls help
>>
>>55900029
>He
Bruh, it's fine. Your boss has a penis too. He gets it.
>>
>>55900230
Yes, you have to download the html file first. Then you can reuse the code you used on your txt files.
>>
>>55900029

Most media apps will detect if a call is being made and pause automatically. But if you could hear it, most likely he could hear it.
>>
Is there a way to control my laptop from a distance?

I usually hook it up to my TV and watch movies while I lie in my bed and it's kind of annoying to get up to pause the movie.
>>
>>55900230
Here is an example of how I usually scrape things.
    theurl = "http://www.ipaddresslocation.org/ip-address-locator.php?lookup={0}".format(ip_address)
r = requests.get(theurl)# get some html
tree = lxml.html.fromstring(r.text)# build the DOM Tree
sel = CSSSelector('div.iploc b')# construct a CSS Selector
results = sel(tree)# Apply the selector to the DOM tree
data = [result.text for result in results]#list all matches
data = ['unknown' if x is None else x for x in data]#change None to unknown so error doesn't occur if no data
print(data)
domain,IP,host,IP_C,IP_CC,IP_CON,STATE,CITY,long,lat,ISP,ISP_Provider = data

If they are in the same spot, I don't know what you are scraping, you can use something like this.
Otherwise re.whatever is fine.
>>
File: sr8ryuO.jpg (219KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sr8ryuO.jpg
219KB, 1500x1500px
I think I'm more excited for things to come in the mail or to go and buy my parts than actually putting together my pc. Will this go away when it's finished or will I just eternally crave the thrill of buying a new part?
>>
>>55900280
>>
File: 1462246706501.jpg (71KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1462246706501.jpg
71KB, 750x750px
I use lftp to manage my ftp server, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to make it sort files in order when I give the ls command. I have a folder with about 50 movies and its a bitch sorting through them when they're not alphabetically ordered
>>
>>55900328

>eternally crave the thrill of buying a new part

This.
>>
>>55900328
Buying things is fun.

I order a high end custom ThinkPad once a month and cancel it the next day. It quells the roaring emptiness inside of me.
>>
How the fuck am I supposed to decide which GTX 1070 to get?
>>
>>55900411
MSI=EVGA>GB>>>Zotac>>>>>>Shit
>>
>>55900411
Zotac = EVGA > MSI = GB > non name nonsense >>> snsv >>>>> Nvidia Funder's Edition
>>
File: 1461341529729.jpg (69KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1461341529729.jpg
69KB, 960x638px
Is there some kind of app or program I can use on my pc where I can make and receive phone calls and send and recieve texts using my mobile phone's number without porting it or removing the number from the phone itself?

I know Apple has a feature on macs with facetime but I just wanted know if there is an alternative on windows.
>>
What's the fastest way to get access to a win7 computer of which they forgot the password?
I'm doing this for some old lady, but seems like all the windows install media I have got corrupted, I lost access to my dreamspark premium account and I've had too much bad experiences with torrented versions.
Also, I HATE making those USB's, they never succeed from the first time and always take ages.
Is there no neat trick to log in as admin or something?
>>
File: Capture.png (6KB, 616x146px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6KB, 616x146px
>>55900258
>>55900298
i think something gets lost in the .html file idk why

i feel like this should work
>>
>>55894221
waddup

Just got a Chromecast 2. It's cool for netflix and youtube and chill, but I'm wondering if there's anything more "advanced" that can be done with it. Searching the web about it didn't provide anything interesting.
>>
>>55900500
>Also, I HATE making those USB's, they never succeed from the first time and always take ages.
Dude its just running Rufus and thats it.
>>
>>55900510
Why are you saving the page if you only want the emails?
Give me an example of the page.
>>
>>55900510
>r inside the quotes
welp
unless the email starts with r...
>>
>>55900491
anyone?
>>
>>55900651
Fuck off you piece of shit, it's barely been 10 minutes.
>>
>>55896559
>>55896601
Anyone please?
>>
>>55900500
It's not on the front page anymore but you can still get a legit Windows 7 .iso torrent from M$. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/ Just search for 'windows 7' and find the version you want.
Also this >>55900523 installation media is easy. It gets a bit tricky if you have to install over USB 3.0 but even that can be done with minimal effort if you know your way around the command prompt.
>>
Im installing Debian and the partition manager no detects the free space. What should i do?

Extra Info: I have 2 partitions of 100 gb and free space of 100 gb. Debian installer detects one partition of 100 gb and anoter of 200 gb.
>>
>>55900548
i thought i needed to save it as a file first and then parse through that file but you're right i can skip that whole step
>>55900593
god damn it i thought that was supposed to be part of the function, when i googled how to find all in smth. i even switched it to a 'b' because i read a post on html to bytes on stack overflow in python

well thanks a lot anon. i spent way more time on this needed
>>
>>55900426
>>55900468
so EVGA is consistently top tier

looks good to me
>>
>>55900711
Not really, they have some shady warranty but yeah, they are good.
>>
>>55900656
there were like 10 posts right after mine. i assumed they ignored it you uppity cunt
>>
>>55900733
You're not entitled to a fucking answer you twat.
>>
what video card should I go for if I don't wanna spend more than $150 on it ?
If you can keep it around $100 it's even better
>>
>>55900711
Zotac was bad back with the GTX 400 series. They tried to push the 480 to the limit and... well... you can probably figure out how well THAT went.
They're consistently good now though, great OC.
>>
>>55900668
Thanks., I'll check it out.
It just takes too long, and sometimes fucks up with EFI boot.
I'd rather just dd a Linux disk, works like a charm
>>
>>55900761
GTX 950.

Honestly, save $50 more and get a mid end videocard instead a low end.
RX 480 for $200 or GTX 1060 for $300.
>>
>>55900748
i never said i was.
>>
>>55900733
Holy shit learn how to /sqt/.
Did it ever occur to you that none of those 10 posters knows how to solve it? It usually takes half a thread for me to get my problem solved.
>>
>>55900794
You sure as hell are acting like it.
>>
>>55900773
wtf is that?
>>
File: .jpg (28KB, 571x363px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
28KB, 571x363px
>>55900773
>>
>>55900790
ok thanks, will probably go for the rx480 then
>>
>>55898764
>>55898764
>>55898764
pls respond
>>
>>55900807
>>55900798
i've only been here once. didn't know
>>
File: 1470157834398.jpg (142KB, 551x551px) Image search: [Google]
1470157834398.jpg
142KB, 551x551px
>>55900773
pls explain
>>
>>55900825
You know that the best way to get everyone to ignore you is to bump, right?
>>
>>55900839
>not lurking before posting
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>55900839
Look, if you get a reply, good for you, if you don't, bad luck and try again next thread. Don't bump your questions.
Half of my /sqt/ I solve myself because the waiting takes too long, unless it's a really retarded question
>>
>>55900426
>>55900468
>>55900726

Even within MSI and EVGA there are tons of different versions of the GTX 1070, which ones are good and bad?
>>
What's the best anti-virus software? Norton?
>>
>>55900955
>>55900955
There is barely any difference between them.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127955
>>
On trying to boot my PC this morning it never got to Windows, and instead flashed a bunch of underscores along the bottom of the screen until what looked like a spade unicode symbol appeared. After going into the BIOS my secondary hard drive was somehow first in the boot order. Changed it back to the boot drive and after booting Windows, it doesn't even recognize the secondary drive.

What's causing this? Is my drive just dead, or is it a virus?
>>
>>55900996
Can't not be bait
>>
What's the difference between Fedora and CentOS?
>>
>>55901018
Should I be concerned if it's not? I mean, I've always been pretty dumb.
>>
>>55900996
Common sense.

But now really, a combo of Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.
>>
>>55901008
First check to see if the drive appears in disk management, then make sure you didn't accidentally disable it in bios
>>
>>55894221
If I take a screenshot of this new instagram blog thing, does it give the person a notification or can I perve without consequences?
>>
i accidentally deleted system reserved memory when re-installing windows 7 after discovering that some of my hardware wasn't compatible with windows 10. how do i restore it? it was system reserved memory for secondary storage.
>>
>>55901066
If you happen to be getting a premium subscription of norton/symantec from something, you might as well carry on. But it's not something I would seek out. That said, security is a constantly evolving field, and you want to reevaluate the AVs every year or two to see who's still pulling in the best scores. Kaspersky bitdefender and f-secure usually rate highly for paid, which is best. Then you have panda avira and bitdefender free (no manual controls). You should run a malwarebytes scan every month or so and make sure you are browsing securely and avoiding pirated software because no AV is bulletproof.
>>
>>55901077
Plugged it back in. Not in disk management and now not showing up in BIOS.
>>
>>55900967
Someone bls help
>>
Null IMEI because damaged EFS.
Is it FUBAR?
>>
>>55901136
>system reserved memory
I don't think those words go together. Do you mean system reserved partition, or are you talking about your page file. Maybe a readyboost? How did you delete it and what are your symptoms now?
>>
I'm going to uni in a few weeks and I'll be staying in a dorm on their shit net. I want to set something up on my home server which will still be at my house that will let me connect to my home net as if I will still there (get regular IP, see other devices on that net, and preferably still be able to port forward and host games on my desktop). I would like to easily switch between using the uni net and my home net and would prefer the connection home to be encrypted.

Is what I'm thinking of a VPN or a tunnel or what? My server runs ubuntu. Any ideas for what can do what j want?
>>
>>55901198
Does the drive appear in device manager? Are there any unidentified devices? I don't suppose you have another computer you could try connecting it to? Make sure the power and sata are firmly attached at both ends
>>
>>55901284
VPN with OpenVPN
>>
>>55901229
Firefox has a mobile adblock extension now. Also make sure your adaway is up to date and has the latest repos
>>
>>55901304
It does appear in device manager. What do I do from there?
>>
Can anyone recommend a decent 27 MHz wireless mouse with page back and page forward buttons that connects via USB?
>>
File: cyberpunk2.jpg (596KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk2.jpg
596KB, 1920x960px
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZZgMcc

Rate my build please

Is the Corsair 300R a good case?
>>
File: dskmngr.jpg (83KB, 1224x411px) Image search: [Google]
dskmngr.jpg
83KB, 1224x411px
>>55901267
yes i think it was a system reserved partition. i deleted it in that panel where you select which disk you'd like to install windows to. the symptoms i'm not sure about. my pc sort of locks up for a couple seconds if i, for example, type "calc" in the search bar to get to the calculator. however, subsequently typing in "calc" doesn't to the same extent. programs now sometimes freeze after switching to them from a different program, which is something that definitely didn't happen before.

see in that picture where it says "unallocated", isn't it supposed to say "system reserved"?
>>
>>55901412
>wd black
>no ssd

holy shit anon, what are you doing
>>
>>55900996
*nix operating system and common sense
>>
>>55901425
what's wrong with wd black? another anon rec'd it to me over blue
>>
>>55901363
Well, if you're SURE it doesn't appear in DISK MANAGEMENT, then open an administrative command prompt and type diskpart, then type list volume. See if it shows up there.
>>
>>55901457
loud and slower compared to an SSD
get a 256GB SSD and a 2-4TB green for storage.
>>
>>55901412
Meme tier mobo won't get you to the clock speeds necessary to justify a quality cooler.
Just buy cheap RAM and overclock it yourself. DDR4 overclocks super easily.
1TB WD Black is actually slower than the 1TB WD Blue. Over 1TB Blues are only 5400RPM but smaller than that they're a fantastic deal.
You want a SSD.

The case is fine.
>>
>>55901471
Nevermind, it is in disk management, but it says Windows can't recognize it unless I format it. Is there any way to access the stuff that was on there, or do I have to wipe it all clean? Not a big deal if so since I have backups, but it would still be nice if I didn't have to.
>>
About to go to comcast center to talk to them about lowering the price. Any things i should mention that could help with this?
>>
Is Jewegg always this autistic? Three day shipping for a case, ram, and mobo. The case came yesterday by itself, the ram and mobo are coming in 2 days, wtf?

What's a nice 600w PSU?
>>
>>55901480
>WD Green
>ever
Just fuck my data right up senpai.
>>
This is a minor question even for /sqt/ but I happened to find a microSD card and want to use it in my android phone. Should I use FAT, NTFS, or ext4? Does it really matter? It will most likely just live inside the phone for some extra storage, so I don't care a huge amount about compatibility with other OSs unless that's the only differentiating factor.
>>
>>55901415
Glad I asked the right questions or this would have gotten weird. Assuming you don't have a dual boot, and your win7 is starting up just fine, that "system reserved partition" doesn't matter. Forget about it. I don't know how you ended up deleting it without a problem, but you did. I don't know what the unalocated space on your Disk 1 is about. Are you running a raid?
>>
>>55901412
Get a GA-Z170X-UD5
A WD Blue
A 240GB 850 EVO

Those are the only things i see wrong.
>>
>>55901579
format it on the phone, it'll pick what's best for it
>>
>>55901579
FAT is a meme.
NTFS if you might want to plug it into a Windows PC at some point.
Ext4 if you might want to plug it into a Linux PC at some point.
>>
Looking for a place where I can order an older Dell gaming computer case.

I think it was an XPS or something along those lines, it was a tall tower case with front lit LED lighting.
>>
Someone give me an example of a banned/spam url, I want to test something.
>>
>>55901368
>27 MHz
For what possible purpose?
>>
>>55901619
Thanks, I don't know why that didn't occur to me.
>>
Does anyone sell mobo's with the CPU chip already in it?

I'm savvy, but see myself easily fucking up that part.
>>
>>55901661
Less interference in environments densely packed with other wireless garbage operating on 2.4 GHz.
>>
>>55901696
Embedded CPUs, yes but its not probably what you are looking for.
>>
>>55901696
Yes. Just go for a socketed CPU, a 10 year old could handle it.
>>
>>55901500
Eh, you're on your own with that one. Try googling the exact message it's giving you in quotes. You could try using an mbr repair program

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/5-free-tools-to-backup-and-restore-master-boot-record-mbr/

If you have a backup it's probably easier to just reformat the drive, and then run a good error-checking from it's properties>tools to make sure there aren't any more problems.
>>
File: cyberpunk_cityscape.jpg (506KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk_cityscape.jpg
506KB, 1280x800px
>>55901425
>>55901495
>>55901617
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/crx3tJ

How does this look? I don't think I can spend any more than this, though.
>>
Anyone? >>55901761
>>
>>55901762
Alright, I guess I'll go with the latter option. Thanks for the help!
>>
>>55901793
Looks perfect, you could get a 200r to save a couple of bucks if you want.
>>
Is there any possible way without any sort of tampering with cables to disable hotplug detection on displayport?

Let me explain. I have 2 monitors, primary one on DP, secondary on dual link DVI-D. When I turn off the primary display Windows detects that it has been "disconnected" so my secondary monitor becomes my primary one. I have software that works erratically if this happens, even if I start it up -after- turning off my primary display. So it would help if I could turn off my primary DP display -without- having windows think it was disconnected.

Any solutions for this?
>>
how would I go about identifying and automagically grabbing certain things in a text document so I can copy them to a list.
for instance in a you groove you lose thread, how would I go about grabbing all the youtube vids posted without having to physically copy and paste hundreds of links in a word document ??
>>
>>55901703
Are you looking at a 2009 article? High end mice use the 5ghz range these days.
>>
No special characters needed?
KEKS> keks
baka > baka
desu > desu
senpai > senpai
>>55901829
Go read the 4chan api, get all threads on the board, look for YGYL text, get all posts, regex youtube links, save.
Pretty easy with python.
I do this with loli threads.
>>
File: 1451985992677.jpg (41KB, 398x600px) Image search: [Google]
1451985992677.jpg
41KB, 398x600px
>>55901817
Thanks for the help
>>
>>55901854
>Go read the 4chan api, get all threads on the board, look for YGYL text, get all posts, regex youtube links, save.
>Pretty easy with python.
kick ass ill do some studying and go from there. thanks familia
>>
How do I edit files on windows using linux from USB?
I tried mounting the windows drive but I can never get write permission for some reason.
>>
Anyone know why I get low memory warning from WIndows when running chrome and firefox at the same time with multiple videos paused in firefox?

I have 16 gb and only about ~9 is used but firefox just loves to shit itself and Windows claims I'm low on memory but only ever suggests closing firefox.
>>
When connecting my PC to a TV it gives me an option for 59 Hz refresh rate and 60 Hz refresh rate but 59 is default.
Will moving it to 60 hurt anything?
>>
>>55902108
Probably some kind of rounding error or something. It should be fine.
>>
>>55902108
Its detected that way because your TV is probably 59.9xHz and not 60Hz.
>>
Why does MS care about the market share of Edge?
>>
>>55902365
To more easily mine your data
>>
is dynamic DNS worth paying for? (ISP doesn't offer statics)
>>
>>55901762
Just wondering, what could have caused the issue on the drive in the first place?
>>
Is there a way to dual-boot linux and windows by installing linux on an SSD that already has windows on it, and then be able to choose which operating system to boot from when the computer turns on? I have windows installed on my ssd and I feel like having a fast linux desktop and not wanting to have a flash drive sticking out of my computer.
>>
whats the point of using your own dns server instead of a stable/reliable one like google?
>>
>>55902625
yeah, you would configure that within GRUB which is installed automatically as you install something like Ubuntu
>>
File: man.png (11KB, 277x560px) Image search: [Google]
man.png
11KB, 277x560px
I've got a folder full of around 2000 album rips I'm trying to organize. Problem I have is most of them are in unnecessary sub-folders (a result of doing "Extract each archive to separate folder" rather than "Extract here" with WinRAR). I was wondering if there's any quick way to remove these redundant parent folders in Windows. It's kind of getting to be a pain manually doing it.

Some of them aren't in redundant subfolders, some of them have legitimate subfolders (CD1/CD2/Disc1/Disc2) and some of them don't even share an identical name as their parent folder.
>>
>>55902680
so I can get to servers with their public hostnames on the local network
>>
>>55902680
web filtering

most people will not need to consider it
>>
>>55902705
Thanks. One more question. I have some experience using raspbian and ubuntu MATE on my raspberry pi and I've heard that arch is really good for customization. Would I be fine using arch if I'm willing to go through hours of setting up my desktop the way I want it to work?
>>
>>55902770
>Would I be fine using arch if I'm willing to go through hours of setting up my desktop the way I want it to work?
sure, but Raspbian is typically better out of the box. Depends what you want to use it for ultimately. They're both fine.
>>
>>55894221
Does RAM frequency actually matters for compatibility ?

I have 4Go of DDR3 1333Hz right now, and another 4 of 1200 something laying around.

Is it possible to use the two together ?
>>
>>55902833
1333 will be throttled down to match the 1200
>>
>>55902874
Do you think I'll notice the difference ?
>>
Does anyone have the HP pavilion X2 hybrid?

They sell a model that has emmc + 1tb drive and was wondering if it's replaceable at all. If yes then I'll just buy one without the HDD and put my own in.
>>
>>55902925
nah
>>
File: excellent.jpg (10KB, 160x241px) Image search: [Google]
excellent.jpg
10KB, 160x241px
If I plug a wireless USB mouse into the USB hub on a keyboard plugged into a USB hub plugged into my laptop am I going to have problems?
>>
>>55902951
until it gets enough power nope
>>
>>55902951
also minimal delay but why on the fucking earth would you do a setup like this
>>
>>55902951
Data will get through and that's the only thing that matters, because the mouse has its own power source.

If you're plugging something like an external HDD, which relies on USB for its power, then you'll have problems.
>>
>>55902962
What do you mean by that?

>>55902978
I have debilitating autism.
>>
>>55901502
Print out a fake email for another provider in your area for a better package at a lower price. Make sure it it specific to you so they can't look it up themselves. Say you had their service for a while so you don't want to switch but this deal is way better than what you're paying for so unless they can match or get close you'll do it. When I lived in Florida I did this with Brighthouse and they bumped me from 150 to 300 and threw in basic TV for the same price I as paying before.
>>
>>55902992
the nanostick still needs a bit of power, if you plug too much into the hub and it has no power source other than the 0.5A or 0.9 for usb 3.0 it might not work
same reason you cant plug usb lamps n shit intu a usb hub thats only feeding from the 2.0 port itself
>>
>>55902989
>>55903022
Alright, gotcha. Thanks mates.
>>
can i plug my router right into my computer?

like not modem, just my computer
i have brighthouse as my ISP, and would also like to know if i can install a router on the modem

im sorry, about this post not making sense.
>>
File: yo dawg.png (156KB, 391x401px) Image search: [Google]
yo dawg.png
156KB, 391x401px
>>55902951
>>
>>55903271
Make it make sense then. When the internet comes into the house, what is the first thing it attaches to? How does it get to the computer, and why do you want to attach a router to your computer?
>>
>>55903350
because my ISP be on that bullshit
they have a modem/router combo, and you have to BUY access for wifi for 5 bucks a month.
>>
>>55903423
Just buy your own damn hardware.
>>
In Java, is it possible to make a 2-D array from already existing arrays?

Example:
Point[][] returnTriangles(Point[] verteces)
{
Point[] midPtArray = getMidPointArray(verteces);
fill(0);
drawTriangle(midPtArray);
fill(255);

Point triOne[] = { verteces[0], midPtArray[0], midPtArray[(0+2)%3] };
drawTriangle(triOne);
Point triTwo[] = { verteces[1], midPtArray[1], midPtArray[(1+2)%3] };
drawTriangle(triTwo);
Point triThree[] = { verteces[2], midPtArray[2], midPtArray[(2+2)%3] };
drawTriangle(triThree);
Point[][] returnTriangles = { {triOne}, {triTwo}, {TriThree} };

return returnTriangles;
}
>>
>>55900773
HOL UP.
>>
>>55903423
You can buy a modem, or a modem/router combo which is called a gateway. Either one will allow you to mail their modem back to them and not pay a monthly fee for it. If you already have a dedicated router in your house or you only want to connect 1 computer and nothing else, then you just need a plain modem.
>>
So I just got my Linux Mint set up the way I want it to be. Now I have a question about anime, what's the best video player for it? Anything I should know?
>>
I've got my motherboard's drivers on a flash drive and I'm trying to install them on my new Windows 7 desktop, however the drive is not appearing,

My desktop currently has the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" message because I haven't authenticated it yet with Daz Loader.

How should I try getting my flash drive to appear so I can install the drivers and get Daz going?

I can give any other necessary information.
>>
Is it a bad idea to buy an ex display laptop?
>>
>>55903566
what motherboard
>>
>>55903614
http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5541&dl=1#ov

This one.
>>
Does anyone know what education you need to design smartphones?
>>
>>55903637
Are you using a USB 3.0 port? Try using a USB 2.0 port.
>>
>>55903659
Just tried it with a USB 2.0 port but no luck. My keyboard and mouse seem to be working fine in their USB 3.0 ports.
>>
Why don't mobile phone manufacturers put an inductive charging coil near the CPU that goes right into the battery then sell it off as some new meme technology that normies will consume?
>>
>>55903566
Can you find the drive in Disk Management?
>>
are there any safe websites to download APKs from?
>>
>>55903782
From Disk Management I can see the SSD that a Windows 7 image was added to (by a guy at a computer store), and an "Unknown" disc, which is my HDD. I don't see the flash drive, though.
>>
>>55903836
Does the computer have internet?
>>
>>55903875
No Internet access; I have an Ethernet cable connecting it to a router, though.
>>
File: 1469387528755.png (420KB, 1060x584px) Image search: [Google]
1469387528755.png
420KB, 1060x584px
Would it be better to grab a 1070/1080, or should I just stick with the 980ti? I'm trying to build a gaming PC and I keep hearing that the only difference between the two is that the 1070/1080 is VR ready and supports 4K. I'm not going be doing any VR and I don't have the money for a 4K monitor.
>>
>>55903894
Your problem is because you installed windows 7 on a skylake processor. You need to put the drivers on the computer manually. Download the correct drivers from that page you linked. You'll want the 'intel usb 3.0' and 'intel LAN driver' at least. Put them on a flash drive an connect them to the computer. You will need to copy them onto the sytem either with an ubuntu live cd or by booting to the windows recovery console and using the command line to copy them over
>>
>>55903940
You sound very confused. The 980Ti can run both VR and 4k. It can't run 4k too well but neither can the 1070 or 1080. What monitor resolution and refresh rate do you want to run?
>>
>>55903979
>Download the correct drivers from that page you linked. You'll want the 'intel usb 3.0' and 'intel LAN driver' at least. Put them on a flash drive an connect them to the computer.

Okay, I've done this step.

>You will need to copy them onto the sytem either with an ubuntu live cd or by booting to the windows recovery console and using the command line to copy them over

I don't have an optical drive on my new computer so option two looks the most feasible. Is it simple to copy them over using command line?

I found this thread, do you think I should try this first or would it not work because of my Skylake processor? http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2117033/flash-drive-showing-computer.html#15833336
>>
What is the best web browser?
>>
>>55903940
At least wait until the non-reference cards come out. But there's not a huge jump anyway. If your games are playing smoothly why upgrade? You would probably be better served by skipping a generation and upgrading next year or the year after, especially at 1080p
>>
>>55904061
Netscape
>>
>>55903992
Yeah, I'm a little new at this. I want to run a 1920 x 1080 144hz monitor
>>
>>55904110
The 1070 is perfect for you then. 980Ti is a good option with nearly identical raw power but as the 1070 gets better and better drivers while the 980Ti gets little support it'll be left in the dust.
>>
>>55904059
No that link wont work here.

In order to access the Windows 7 System Recovery Environment you need to boot your computer in a certain way. The easiest method is to just restart your computer and start slowing tapping the F8 key. Eventually you should get to an Advanced Boot Options screen. Using the arrows on your keyboard, select Repair Your Computer and press Enter on your keyboard.
>>
>>55904110
Just save your money and wait. If you're not doing VR there's no reason to upgrade this generation. The improvements are too minimal. What you'll read on the review websites is that if you're buying new, you might as well go current gen, but it wont be worth an actual upgrade for a while
>>
I wanna learn C#, fuck python

What are some resources/websites/books I could use to learn?

thanks
>>
>>55904235
https://mva.microsoft.com/en-US/training-courses/c-fundamentals-for-absolute-beginners-16169
>>
I took my she3580 headphones out of the drawer and noticed the cable is all oily and sticky, like it started decomposing or something. How do I clean it? What has happened?
>>
How on Earth do I use Reflexil to modify .dll code?
I'm first wanting to make a tweak to a game to confirm that my modifications work, by making a change like going from
>DamageAmp = amplifier
to
>DamageAmp = 10*amplifier

But either I have to know how to read the first thing in assembly so I can change it to the second thing, or I need to figure out how to work with the other mode for Reflexil that allows you to edit something resembling C#.
>>
>>55904175
Tried slowing tapping F8 after restarting but I still ended up at the Windows' user sign-in screen. The BIOS splash screen had a "systems information" option with F7 and BIOS setting with F10.
>>
>>55904245
appreciate ya
>>
I´m doin a build for gaymen and video editing, nothing fancy gonna record some gameplay at 1080p/60hz, should I go for a i7 6700K or I can get away with a i5 6600k
>>
>>55894221
Alright, so I have a workstation and I just bought some Registered RAM. Problem is, it doesn't fucking work, and it definitely SHOULD. Now, Lelnovo says max specs for this thing is as follows:
Memory

Type DDR3 Unbuffered SDRAM
ECC Supported
Maximum Capability : 1600MHz, UDIMM : PC3-10600 (1333MHz), RDIMM : PC3-8500 (1066MHz)
Max DIMM Sizes : 4GB
Maximum system memory : 24GB

Now, I am 100% positive that these limitations are sheerly based on the W3550 inside of it. I'm going to put an L5640 in there, and I have two questions:

First, will the L5640 be compatible with my system? It's an S20, by the way, and I'm sure it will be. Same socket and everything, but I just want to be sure.

Second, what is the maximum size and number of RAM that I can use for that processor? I currently have an 8GiB module.
>>
>>55904405
Hyperthreading speeds up video rendering greatly but if that doesn't matter to you then go for the i5.
>>
>>55904272
You'll have to go the usb rout then. You need to make a bootable flash drive with either linux live, windows 7 installer or Macrium Reflect rescue disk.
>>
>>55903787
bumpo
>>
>>55896688
The game would suck like that, you might as well try faking/spoofing the GPS data directly.
There are apps for that, but I read that Ingress has good protection against cheating and permaban without warning.

>>55902028
Try another distro. Some are made for that, or you can just look for one that don't over-protect computers against users.

>>55903520
VLC
>>
>>55904498
F-droid.org
>>
File: 1468442456099.jpg (19KB, 311x291px) Image search: [Google]
1468442456099.jpg
19KB, 311x291px
>>55904163
>>55904218
I see. Thanks for the help anons.
>>
>>55904462
Which would you recommend, and where can I find a legitimate copy?
>>
Why dont we have 100% energy efficient electronics yet?
What limits us?
>>
THIS IS HITTING IT'S LIMIT
>>55904571
>>55904571
>>55904571
>>55904571
>>55904571
For future note, please use the retarded questions thread, this isn't degrading enough..
>>
>>55904619
Resistance
>>
Is it worth it in any reality to buy a two thousand dollar MacBook Pro for college? My friend bought one and I'm trying to tell him he made a bad purchase but he's having none of it
>>
File: ganbarubii.jpg (92KB, 474x648px) Image search: [Google]
ganbarubii.jpg
92KB, 474x648px
How do i know if a motherboard has built in wifi?
>>
>>55899360
Of the two, pick the ASSUS.
I checked, and yes, you can put more RAM in it and replace the hard drive with an SSD.

They're both FUCKING DOGSHIT, though.
>>
>>55904756
Look at the specs
See if it has an antenna
>>
>>55904562
thanks bro. I'm checking it out. if people can add anymore that would be great
>>
>>55904633
If you don't have sqt anywhere in the OP I don't bother answering questions
>>
will a video card with dimensions (L x H)
10.50" x 5.06" fit in my Rosewill U3 Challenger case?
>>
>>55904811
Im trying to create script that i can run script $1.
I want to crawl a website and save it somewhere, then grep only a certain keyword, throw that in a perma directory, then delete the website.
I dont know where to go after this.
Would grep work? I just need to get the line the keyword is on. How would i inspect all the download files?
wget --recursive --no-clobber --html-extension  --convert-links --domains website.com
>>
What are some modern computers that support 5.25 floppy drives and other legacy hardware in the BIOS? I want to know for reasons.
>>
GET INTO THE HAPPENING THREAD YOU FUCK WITS
>>55904571
>>55904571
>>55904571
>>55904571
>>55904571
>For future note, please use the retarded questions thread, this isn't degrading enough..
>>
>>55904990
That's not sqt though
>>
>>55904259
bunp
>>
>>55904906
pcpartpicker.com
>>
>>55904990
You're the third person this week who thought they would be cool and start an offshoot thread. It doesn't matter what you call it, just put /sqt/ somewhere in the OP so people searching the catalog can find it.
>>
Now that Kickasstorrent is down, what do you use?
>>
where can i get cheap as shit legit windows keys?
>>
>>55894221
Do those PS/2 adapter things not work with everything? I have a couple older USB mice and an old USB keyboard and none of them will be detected by my PC. The adapter is green, I forgot which one that's for but does it matter?
>>
>>55897057
doesn't sound like something your ISP would deal with
>>
>>55905295
kinguin
>>
>>55895275
12 should be close enough.
>>
>>55898534
win32diskimager
>>
>>55899260
Wow! Good Luck anon!
>>
Where do I go to find a book I don't remember the title of or the author?
Thread posts: 353
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.