[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Government should regulate software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1470179779437.jpg (1MB, 2310x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1470179779437.jpg
1MB, 2310x1781px
When I go to buy apples, I shouldn't have to know all the ins and outs of apple manufacturing.
Buying a car, I shouldn't have to spend weeks learning about how an engine works, how an airbag deploys, and what specific materials and joining techniques they use to construct the frame.

But it seems that as a consumer when I buy a computer, I need to learn a vast array of technical details, familiarize myself with the jargon, and carefully study all the ins and outs of the various companies, software providers, and scam artists plaguing the market.

Computers are finicky pieces of shit that frequently fly off the rails. Despite this large companies like Microsoft fail to provide adequate support for their products. If you want a solution to a technical issue, the onus is on you to endlessly sift through shady online forum posts filled with indecipherable technical jargon, and solutions that rarely address your specific problem.

It seems that software developers are trapped in a state of arrested development, and lack all professionalism. Their error screens mock you with a "frowny face" emoticon. Software instructions and updates put out by large tech companies are written in a slack-jawed casual California style which is less suit-and-tie and more teeshirt-and-boardshorts.

It's time for the software industry to grow the fuck up. These programmers might be fine coasting in a whimsical white-fingered dream world, but the customer is suffering for it. Put on a suit and tie and act like adults.

The government needs to come out with a set of guidelines for silicon valley related to customer service.
No more shoving half-developed buggy software packages on consumers.
No more invasions of privacy and loosey-goosey terms of service agreements.
No more pushing out major products into the world, raking in billions, and then failing to provide even a tiny modicum of technical support on your website.
No more planned obsolescence.
>>
Just buy a Mac you fucking plebian
>>
>>55894080
Please go to North Korea or otherwise wisen up
>>
- Rakim of Oakland
>>
>>55894080
>>>/pol/
>>
>>55894080
This wouldn't be an issue if "software engineer" was a protected job title that required certification.

But nope, they let any faggot autodidact write code.
Imagine if you applied to be a doctor and you told them you're self taught.
They'd laugh you out of the building.
>>
K i have soltuion
1. Buy a prebuilt comp or a mac then you don't have to know how acomputer works. You can join the apple fags.
2. Install Linux fuck microsoft or install Os X not satisfied? Go to Windows XP no one has had a problem with that one.
3. Move to North Korea. Everything is regulated there. You'll love it.
4. Buy a rope and tie a noose
5. Find like a ceiling fan North Korea has lot of those and tie the other end on the fan
6. Get a chair, put the noose around your neck.
7. Kick the chair out
Or just google "How to commit suicide "
>>
Funny, I find Microsoft support pretty comprehensive. Especially compared to the support given to you for a car (a small manual) or an apple (nothing). Their website gives a lot of information about the various ins and outs of VB, VBA, and Dot Net. Their references have example code, explanations, and comparisons between their languages.

And I say this all as a Linux user. I appreciate it, because when I'm at work, and I'm trying to get something done in Excel, I want the answer now, and I don't have the time to fuck around for it.
>>
>>55894080
You shouldn't be allowed to use a computer if you have no fucking idea what you're doing.
>>
>>55894187
This, They seem to push every incentive to get you to develop your programs on their systems, if your important enough, aoparently they'll fly a guy out for you.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.