[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever build a PiBoy or similar handheld emulator?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: P1010998_preview_featured.jpg (163KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
P1010998_preview_featured.jpg
163KB, 628x472px
Anyone ever build a PiBoy or similar handheld emulator?
>>
>>55892408
what is dis
>inb4 resperry pi
>>
>>55892408
shill harder
>>
>>55892408
If you want to emulate GBC/GBA theres nothing like a good ol' PSP
>>
>>55892479
Giant and clunky as fuck.
>>
>>55892479
> tfw emulated Final Fantasy IX on my PSP
> it looks better than it does on original PSX
It was great.
>>
I built a PiGrrl and it was a miserable experience that I wouldn't wish on anyone. 3D printers are terrible, and nothing fit together properly.
>>
>>55892490
>Giant and clunky as fuck

Do you even see the OP image?
>>
>>55892408
>that button layout
not even an accurate gameboy emulator
just use a psp at that point, cheaper and more portable
>>
File: 3465235325_e27ebfa22d_z 1.jpg (71KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3465235325_e27ebfa22d_z 1.jpg
71KB, 500x375px
I already have this little guy on the top for all my gaming. Runs classics flawlessly
>>
>>55892408
The RetroPi OS can run emulators for every console from 1977 to 2003, PSP can't support most of them. This is actually not bulky, alot slimmer and more stable than the PiGrrl. Yea a bitch to make but so worth it. A fun project too to learn alot about the Pi
>>
File: RPi3-GBA-3.2screen.png (2MB, 1440x830px) Image search: [Google]
RPi3-GBA-3.2screen.png
2MB, 1440x830px
How about a GamePi Advance? Would have to take off the USB and ethernet ports, but it'd be pretty powerful.
>>
File: Bcontroller.jpg (331KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bcontroller.jpg
331KB, 1000x1000px
Yes. But i prefer my phone and pic related
>>
>>55892671
bluetooth controllers always piss me off. Uncomfortable, too cumbersome to hold the phone in place and there's a slight delay between hitting buttons and the action happening...not for me at least. Last one I tried was the Moga Pro. Cool concept and good while it lasted but meh
>>
>>55892682
I have one of those chinese iPegas and you can fix the delays by disconnecting and reconnecting the controller on the android bluetooth menu. I disagree with the cumbersome part, but they are big. Not good for using in public.
>>
>>55892656
do all the buttons have to be B for it to work?
>>
>>55892625
Good old a320, it's linux distro really makes it shine.
Shame a lot of the emulators are getting lost to link rot.
>>
GPD XD is pretty much what you are searching.
>>
>>55893108
thing's awesome but kinda like the original GameBoy feel these PiBoys and PiGrrls have. A little more comfortable and def have the classic feel
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.