[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ i want your opinions GNOME vs KDE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Hey /g/ i want your opinions

GNOME vs KDE
>>
>>55891389
thinking of xmonad these days
>>
KDE if you were using Windows before
Gnome if you were using Gnome before
>>
>>55891389
KDE is the future
>>
>>55891699
This
>>
>>55891389
Gnome feels more like using a Mac, KDE is somewhat similar to Windows.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much, because even with installing both at the same time you don't lose any serious resources and you might want to do that anyway, since some applications dependant on either Gnome or KDE have no serious counterparts in the other environment.

People have been flinging shit at each other over which one is better since the dawn of time, I say just install both and try it out, use whatever you're more comfortable with.
>>
>>55891389
Their are both decent, and that was something I couldn't say for a looong time. Buy finally plasma 5 is stable and Gnome 3 after 20 fucking iterations is actually pretty good
>>
>>55891389
Both are bloated as fuck.
You shouldn't even use a desktop environment. Just using a window manager is much simpler and also much lighter.
>>
>>55891589
Kek
>>
kde
>>
>>55891389
KDE = we give you the choice to customize your DE the way you want.

Gnome = accept our choices or install a bazillion scripts from unofficial repos run by random shady nerds to customize it
>>
KDE. Call it a Windows knock-off all you want, but at least it

1) Actually honors the user's configurations
2) Is focused on a kb+mouse environment rather than touch-based one

unlike a particular GTK-based DE.

It is bloated in comparison to something like XFCE, but I think the features justify it. Compare Thunar to Dolphin and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>55892161
Bloated your anus, faggot. Fucking install KDE Neon and tell me what's bloat about it.

It runs under 100MB of RAM and includes only basic applications for you to install only new ones you need, bullshit-spreader
>>
>>55891389
xfce t b h f a m
>>
>>55892208
Xfce
>>
File: tyrell.png (436KB, 600x743px) Image search: [Google]
tyrell.png
436KB, 600x743px
>>55891389
>mfw
>>
>>55891934
>Their are
>>
Gnome
>>
>>55892208
desu senpai
>>
I miss KDE 3. Everything else is shit.
>>
>>55891589
No
MATE if you were using Gnome before
Gnome if you were using OS X before
>>
>>55891389
I'm more of a KDE guy. You know what they say... old habits... die hard
>>
>>55891389
After taking the time to get use to it, I like GNOME 3, that's just personal preference though, what ever the fuck you like stick with it.
>>
>>55892208
this desu senpai

My "desktop manager" is a bash script that runs
xfce4-panel &
xfdesktop &
exec xfwm4

Do you even minimal?
>>
>kde
>installed
>has just worked for fucking ever

>gnome
>installed once
>started doing something
>gnome froze then killed x
>tried to log back in to gnome
>gnome either doesn't load (blank X screen) or immediately dies and goes back to login

What do you fucking think?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.