[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ Makes a List, Part 6: This is (Probably) the End

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 13

>continued from last part
I think it's safe to say that the "Pro/g/ramming Challenges, Version 4.0" is just about finished! We have all the challenges, and all we need to do now is make it into a presentable picture!

Here's the pastebin, where the challenges are sorted by category:
http://pastebin.com/bZvvwapj

By the way, I've tried using a cheap Paint knockoff, but the image ends up really blurry and ugly, anyone know how to use a more professional image editing software?
>>
No dungeon generator?
>>
For the 'fuck you're level of difficulty, making a unity or gamemaker style game engine would be good.
>>
>>55884692
Changed one of the challenges slightly to include Unity (see pic related)...

>>55884034
Oh shit that's a good one... I'll add it as "Roguelike engine/dungeon generator", how's that sound?
>>
>>55883556
Make the next part called "the ride never ends"
>>
File: Draft2,4.0.png (422KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Draft2,4.0.png
422KB, 1920x1080px
Okay... Here's the first draft of the list.

Not gonna lie, would kind of prefer it if there indeed were about 150 challenge, but if there isn't, I can always change it so there's 40 challenges per column and maybe some extra information wherever there's free space
>>
File: Draft3,4.0.png (390KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Draft3,4.0.png
390KB, 1920x1080px
>>55885491
Here's a second draft (I can always fine-tune it, I just need some general suggestions)
>>
>60 - dijkstra algorithm
that's pretty vague
>>
>>55883556
keep rollan rollan rollan
>>
>>55886133
Alright... I remember that in other Pro/g/ramming Challenges, there were things like "at least five nodes." Should I add that?
>>
A key to show the colors relating to what difficulty, is yellow the lowest and purple the highest?
>>
File: giphy (2).gif (494KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (2).gif
494KB, 500x370px
>>55883556
Hey guys what do u think of my FizzBuzz made in Python
Can it be even shorter?

for i in range(1, 100): print("FizzBuzz") if i % 15 == 0 else print("Fizz") if i % 3 == 0 else print("Buzz") if i % 5 == 0 else print(i)
>>
>>55885010
Eum, isn't unity a game engine? Making a game engine in unity doesn't really make sense or am I missing something?
>>
>>55886932
You're right in that Unity is a game engine. The reason I included Unity is that there's so many aspects to Unity (see pic related) that it isn't a completely arbitrary task. But that's just my view. Thoughts?
>>
>>55886637
Good idea.

It goes Green < Yellow < Red < Purple

>>55886789
I can't really think of a way to simplify/shorten this...
>>
>>55887046
Agreed, but I would split it in that case, doing that solely in openGL is a completely different beast than scripting those movements in unity.
>>
>>55887165
Alright. I catch your drift. Moving the Unity thing to Easy/Medium (Because the hard part is just learning Unity if you aren't familiar) and keeping the difficulty for the OG challenge
>>
>>55887118
ok good
>>
>>55887340
Here's another way you could do fizzbuzz (not sure if it's faster or not)
    for(int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
{
bool fizz = false, buzz = false;
if(i%3 == 0)
{
fizz = true;
std::cout << "fizz" << std::endl;
}
if(i%5 == 0)
{
buzz = true;
std::cout << "buzz" << std::endl;
}
if(!fizz && !buzz)
std::cout << i << std::endl;
}
>>
File: Pro:g:ramming 3.0.png (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
Pro:g:ramming 3.0.png
1MB, 3840x2160px
Decided to type up the epilogue of Version 3.0 (pic related) into a pastebin. Should I add it to the image?

I'm also thinking of "borrowing" some challenges from that one to make it into a nice, even 150 challenges
>>
>>55888528
Shit! Forgot to link to the pastebin!

http://pastebin.com/WfpvxAq3
>>
After looking through Version 3.0, I found some challenges that could be added (for the 150 benchmark)

New additions:
1 Radix Base Converter (Given a radix, convert it to decimal, hexadecimal, and vigesimal) [Harder version of hexadecimal to decimal converter]
2 Oil Panic! (Game)
3 Nonogram Generator and Solver
4 Reverse a String
5 Basic TCP Simulator (Handshake, Data Sending, and Closing (Include simulate retransmissions, OOB Data, window-scaling, etc..)
6 Tron Game
7 Breakout
8 PDF Tagger
9 Missile Command Game
10 Risk
11 Yahtzee
12 File Compression Utility (Make it GUI with options)
13 Calendar
14 Prime Number Sieve (Include Multi-Threading)
15 Sine Wave Generator from Pseudorandom Numbers
16 File Explorer/Manager
17 LISP Interpreter
18 Calculate someone’s age in seconds (including leap years)
19 Load an Image and Flip/Mirror/Rotate it and save it to a new file
20 Ulam Spiral
21 Connect Four
22 Calculate the Dot Product and Cross Product of Two Vectors
23 Matrix Arithmetic (Addition/Subtraction, Scalar Multiplication, Matrix Multiplication)
24 Gif Creator
25 Go (No AI Necessary)
26 Chess
27 Simon
28 Bellman-Ford Simulation with at least 5 Vertices
29 Mastermind
30 Windows grep
31 Wallpaper Changer

All I need is the difficulty for each
>>
File: Draft3,4.0.png (444KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Draft3,4.0.png
444KB, 1920x1080px
Third Time's the Charm, they say!

For the empty space at the right, I'm thinking of adding the text in the pastebin as well as stating which challenges are under which category
>>
>>55889446
adding the text is a good idea. But right now i think the color(green vs yellow) are a bit hard to read.
also i thought the sorted one was a great idea.
>>
>>55883556
OP, include:

- Bismuth fractal generator, for edgyness
- Ayy lmao sound generator
- seam carving algorithm or another cv algorithm
>>
>>55883556
Another idea: Bayesan filter to exclude certain 4chinks posts
Hard mode: weeb/frogpost image filter
>>
>doing all that work to make another gigantic image when this exists
https://better-dpt-roll.github.io
>>
>>55890389
>right now it's filled mostly with bullshit
>>
>>55890027
>I thought the sorted one was a good idea

I'm unsure what you mean by this. Save for the last 10-ish challenges, these are all sorted by category . Were you perhaps talking about putting the numbers that correspond to each category?

Also, what do you recommend I do for the yellow vs. green? I think it'd be easier if I made the background slightly less dark (see pic related)

>>55890108
Bismuth Fractal - Easy (?)
Seam Carving - Looks awesome... Medium or Hard (?)
>>55890136
Bayesian Filter: Medium
>>
>>55890653
>Bismuth Fractal - Easy (?)
>Seam Carving - Looks awesome... Medium or Hard (?)

Both are medium.

I expect the AY-LMAO sound effect generator to be hard, but then I don't know enough about sound generation.

Another idea: A basic WMS/TMS viewer that isn't web based.
>>
>>55890719
If I'm understanding correctly, WMS is basically a web-map service (according to wikipedia), but I can't really pinpoint what TMS is other than a way to analyze the brain...
>>
delete the white rectangle and also the
"most mediums can have a hard mode" message on the top

up the result here
>>
>>55891019
...Like this?
>>
>>55891066
and also the legend
and crop out the black rectangle
anyone with a brain will be able to tell the legend
>>
>>55891329
With all due respect, it's kind of weird not having a key. It leads to unnecessary confusion that could very easily be avoided (see: :>>55886637)

Also, the photo you responded to isn't the version I'm working on, it's this one: >>55889446
>>
>>55890653
>I'm unsure what you mean by this.
I mean when you actually showed the categories, it's easier for beginners to see what is what when they want to pick but have no clue what the challenge is by name before researching it.

>what do you recommend I do for the yellow vs. green?

I think you could saturated green and desaturated yellow a bit
>>
>>55891814
Gotcha! Gonna make an alternate version of the image.

For the desaturated color, would a mustard-type color be fine?
>>
>>55891844
Okay... Here's a quick mock-up

(The numbers skip around because changing everything to be in order would be hell)
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.