[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the tablet meme die just like smartwatches and netbooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 309272.jpg (36KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
309272.jpg
36KB, 225x350px
Will the tablet meme die just like smartwatches and netbooks?
>>
>>55882967
It's already dead.
>>
>>55882967

iwish

normalfags actually prefer tablets
>>
File: 1456409146659.jpg (3KB, 87x105px) Image search: [Google]
1456409146659.jpg
3KB, 87x105px
>>55882967
>tfw tablets killed netbooks
>>
Netbooks were a shitty idea. People aren't interested in a cheap slow laptop with a bad keyboard.

Tablets on awesome for browsing and reading which is what people mostly use them for.
>>
Oversized phones (android and ios tablets) will and are dying.
>>
>>55883254
Netbooks are fucking awesome
>>
Tablets are better for in-bed manga reading
>>
>>55883254
Netbooks were ok, they just came too soon (the only processor that could fit in those back then were those "new" Atom cpus).
If companies stuck with the idea, we could've have lots of netbooks with APU and stuff. Sadly we are stuck with cheap ultrabooks that have like 30gb internal storage and godawful battery life.

There's still one in my house. Still rocking after 8 years (with XP)
>>
>>55883387
>not switching to POSReady 2009
>>
>>55883403
Any benefit of that over the regular XP SP3?
>>
>>55883299
No they aren't, they're slow, screen is shit, same as keyboards.
We still have 12 inch laptops so it's okay i guess.
>>
>>55883425
Security updates.

>>55883428
They're great.
>we have 12" laptops
My main laptop's 12", are you saying I should have no choices for a smaller one just because your sausage fingers can't take advantage of smaller keyboards?
>>
>>55883460
Hmm, might give it a try. Had w7 on it for a while, and while it ran ok, it was kinda obvious it was too much for the little thing. Also I can't upgrade the RAM because it's embedded on the motherboard.
>>
>>55883428
>they're slow
depends of the netbook
>screen is shit
depends of the netbook
>same as keyboards
I disagree. My old lenovo netbook had a keyboard that felt much better than the ones on modern laptops (at least of those on low/mid range laptops)
>>
They are actually good at what they are intended for.
>>
As long as moms keep playing Candy Crush the tablets will thrive.
>>
I have an X201 which is basically a glorified netbook. It's great and small notebooks still have a place - just not those that are as small as netbooks. People who bought 10in netbooks are better served with tablets and those that bought 11.6in ones for "bigger screen" would do better with... Drumroll... A bigger screen. Technology has allowed for 12-14in laptops to shrink in size and those are the laptop side of netbook replacement.
>>
>>55884928
Also the X201 has an amazing keyboard which 99% of netbooks lacked.
>>
>>55884928
>People who bought 10in netbooks are better served with tablets
10" netbook owner here, tablets suck.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.