[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wich one is better programming language to learn? C# or java?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 1446853047135.png (259KB, 499x536px) Image search: [Google]
1446853047135.png
259KB, 499x536px
Wich one is better programming language to learn? C# or java?
>>
Depends on your level of pajeet.
DESIGNATED: Java
LOO: C#
>>
C++ > java > C#
>>
>>55879058
java only because visual studio sux
>>
ruby>*
>>
C++
>>
>>55879058
C# with WinForms, OneDrive API, Microsoft and Azure is king. There is nothing better.
>>
>>55879058
C# > C++ > Java
>>
That entirely depends on what you want to do.

If you write operating system programs:

Linux -> C
Windows -> C++

If you need to automate some crap:

Linux -> Python, Ruby, Bash
Windows -> lol

If you need enterprise grade architecture clusterfuck:

Linux -> Java
Windows -> Java, C# (ASP)

If you need to make money fast:

Multiarch -> HTML, CSS, JS, PHP

See? Depends what you need to write.
>>
>>55879058
C# is objectively a better language and pretty much everyone agrees. That said it depends on what you want to program? Windows applications? C#. Cross platform development or Android/non Windows applications? Java.
>>
>>55879087
You've clearly never used it.
>>
>>55879058
They're both fine if you want to get a job.
>>
>>55879058
Java
>>
>>55879212
The only answer people asking these threads care about
>>
Well I think I will go with C#. Even though I also use linux.
>>
>>55879347
Famous last words before becoming a proprietary fag
>>
>>55879058
Java and its Oracle overlords is shit^2
>>
>>55879370
Mono
>>
>>55879390
Alibi software that nobody actually uses in production
>>
>>55879058
Java if you want to make money, C# if you want to get outsourced
>>
>>55879392
In production people use C, C++ and asm
>>
>>55879058
Learn Java.
Use C#.
I'm not kidding. I read a Java Head First then mistakenly took a C# exam and passed it with flying colors.
>>
>>55879129
This.

/thread
>>
>>55880307
>mistakenly took a C# exam
How do you do that mistakenly?
>>
>>55879129
this
>>
>>55879129
>C# is objectively a better language and pretty much everyone agrees.

This is false. Only a few edgelords on /g/ think that. Java is far superior.
>>
>>55880402
Why?
>>
>>55880340
just wandered in there and they handed me a computer.
What was I supposed to do? leave?
>>
>>55879058
Really depends bro, do you just want to learn a language or do you need to learn it for a job?
Because if you do plan to use it for something you better learn whatever will give you money and that depends a lot on where you live since the requirements change all the time.

Here for example, I had to learn a lot of retarded shit like ruby, python, even though I like c and c++ more.

If it's just for the sake of learning go with java first then C# when you have time or want to check microsoft stuff.
>>
>>55880515
This.
>had an interview
>said they only hire c# devs
>said I knew out of spite
>slap me a pen and paper
>"create a simple fizzbuzz, a sorting algorithm and one design pattern that you know"
>wrote the code
>went to technical interview the next day

Funny thing is in my technical, they asked me to create a code that will transfer one variable to another variable without declaring a new variable. Because of /g/, I knew XOR swap and explained how that works. They congratulated me but didn't passed the interview.
That moment I knew, they didn't plan to hire new devs and just used that question to justify their decisions of not hiring new ones.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.