[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can hard work beat intelligence, /g/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 10

File: howican.jpg (9KB, 236x219px) Image search: [Google]
howican.jpg
9KB, 236x219px
Just work hard and u will succedd /g/? even if ur dumb as fuck?

https://www.quora.com/Can-hard-work-beat-intelligence
>>
>succedd
kill yourself
>>
>>55875960
I can fuck your mom but I'm stupid as fuck, your image is cucked
>>
this is something rich people tell to stupid people so they keep working
>>
Depends on the industry you're working in.

Friend was a contractor that worked in construction and now has a multi million dollar company that employs over 500 contractors and has contracts with huge developers. Owns a bunch of houses, a nice big fishing boat, couple nice cars and pulls in a few hundred thousand a year.

Here I am still falling for the le programmer meme.
>>
>>55876034
does it meaen ur dumb as fuck?

>>55875974
???
>>
"Hard work" is solving Fibonacci in O(2^n)
Intelligence is solving Fibonacci in O(n)

Smart people get more out of less work.
>>
>>55875960
Hard work beats laziness. Many people are lazy. Many intelligent people are lazy.
>>
>>55875960
Hard work is not the same as smart work.
>>
>>55875960
It matters to a point. It needs to be above average, any more is pointless in terms of success. Hard work ethic + good networking or being born in the upperclass is the way to success.

>>55876006
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>55875960
>Just work hard and u will succedd /g/? even if ur dumb as fuck?

No shit dumbass.

if you have average iq and you work hard as fuck you can do anything.

Everyone who you've ever admired has worked hard to get where they were, nothing comes easy. Pretty much every great inventor was told he was a retard but he told them to fuck off and worked on his passions and ended up changing the world while the people who criticized them died achieving nothing.

Intelligence means nothing if you don't take action regularly. There's people on Mensa forums, with literal genius-tier IQs who waste their day essentially shitposting about how smart they are and how dumb other people are, they're going to die doing nothing with all their IQ.
>>
File: 1469122757850.jpg (371KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469122757850.jpg
371KB, 750x600px
>>55876084
if you're smart, you'll figure out a way to work as little as possible

i'd call that lazy
lazy and smart is figuring out how to completely automate your menial job without letting your superiors know that you're being paid to watch anime all day
>>
>>55876139
If you're so smart and you're working for someone else you're just wasting your potential.
>>
>>55875960
No, intelligence will trump effort as long as it's used.
>>
>>55876124

>IQ

Why do we keep repeating memetic quantities that don't prove much?
>>
>>55876139
>doing as little work as possible
is not the same as
>doing the maximum work with the minimum effort
>>
>>55876147
It's his life he choose. Why question it, when instead you should question yours. Are you where you want to be?
>>
>>55876175
>Are you where you want to be?

Of course not but I'm just saying if you're such a smartypants then you should be working on your own business instead of earning money for someone else.
>>
>>55876124
impulse control is probably more important, which also correlates with IQ
>>
Even the most powerful force, directed incorrectly, is useless. I'd consider willpower and intelligence to be complementary. One is not useful without the other and neither will allow you to succeed independently.
>>
>>55875960

I'd say don't be stupid, but just trying hard won't help.
>>
>>55876191
You can learn impulse control? Pure intelligence is nothing if you don't work hard

With average intelligence and average physical capabilities you can do anything really
>>
>>55876034
>500 contractors
>huge developers
>few hundred thousand a year

this is how i know you're dumb because this math makes no sense. keep hammering those nails, chachi.
>>
>>55876207
I completely agree.
Pure intelligence is nothing if you don't work your ass off.
You can do anything with a little bit of hard work and good genetics.
>>
>>55876124

Oh boy, here we go with the "IQ and SAT are scams" drivel. No dummy, Mensa level intellect is very rare and most of those people apply themselves to their passions and talents. Mensa isn't even that smart, it's just smart to idiots.
>>
>>55875960
Yes. I know this because I scored 139 on an IQ test, but I'm lazy, and as a result I'm a complete failure while my harder-working classmates have successful careers.
>>
Do people actually believe in IQ tests?
If you can make a conscious effort to "train" for an IQ test, it's not an accurate test, you dumb shits.
>>
>>55876034
>500 contractors
That's retarded. You hire 50 contractors and they hire 2-20 Mexicans each, as needed.
>>
>>55876066
No.
Hard work is solving Fibonacci in O(2^n) or O(n).
Intelligence is having Pajeets solve Fibonacci for you.
>>
>>55876241
I didn't say it was a scam but it means very little.

Yeah you might be less intelligent but you can work harder and want things more than other people and achieve success. If it takes some 1/1000000 smartfag to understand a complex by reading it one and for you it takes 5 times or more then you sit there and read it for hours until you get it.
>>
>>55876264

Are you fucking retarded? If you train for anything you'll get better at it. If you train to solve math problems, you'll get better at maths problems and then you know what? You'll be smarter at maths than the next guy. Derp.
>>
>>55876319
You can train and practice for IQ test-specific questions and get better at them. Practice them for 3 months before a test and you'll do far better than if you didn't. So what - in those 3 months did you all of a sudden grow in intelligence or did you just practice the criteria of the test and what it asks for?

It's a meme psuedo-test
>>
>>55876348
IQ is a relative measure. If you score 150, and the global average is 100, then you know you are smarter than the overwhelming majority. It is not meant to be an accurate measure, like measuring mass or temperature.
>>
Why are these type of threads popular? The instant it pops up, it gets never ending attention.

Is it because of the insecurity of its posters? Is it because it touches that nerve which makes us believe ''we wont make it because we arent as great as those'' like the ones OP talks about?
>>
>>55876384
But you can practice for it, so how can it be accurate at all if you can skew the results like that?

It's like asking people a geography quiz when they can just brush up on their geography knowledge

Furthermore, what's even the point of it? Is it just ego-stroking? Who cares about your iq just to get to work and work hard, everything else will fall into place
>>
>>55875960
Larger reward for physical work incites more work.

Even a small reward for even slightly mental work causes productivity to take a nose dive.

look it up. This is why SJW's are so retarded. They get so many pats on the back from their friends for being idiots that they just remain idiots.
>>
File: screamingfury.gif (2MB, 593x915px) Image search: [Google]
screamingfury.gif
2MB, 593x915px
work hard
work smart
do what you can and then some
>>
>>55876121
>You're a fucking idiot.
Jewish man rubbing hands together and smiling.jpg
>>
>>55876407
>But you can practice for it, so how can it be accurate at all if you can skew the results like that?
People can practice chess. And get better. We still have chess rankings.

People can practice running. And get better. We can still measure speed.

etc etc
>>
>>55876419
yeah dude le jews did everything and made up the holocuast XD
>>
>>55876438
>People can practice chess. And get better. We still have chess rankings.
>People can practice running. And get better. We can still measure speed.

Yes but no one is claiming that chess is a skill you're born with and can't noticably improve past your developmental years.

I thought the whole point of iq was to show your intelligence?
>>
>>55875960
Working hard is good. Being smart obviously helps.
The true key though is to go with the flow (the wealthiest flow)

Example: the get rich quick CEOs all did what the investors were looking for, not what it's really needed. Being super smart and hardworking idealist will get you nowhere.
>>
>>55876438
but when you practice and train for those things, you really do become good at them

When you practice for an "intelligence test", you're not going to become more intelligent for learning how to get better at the very domain specific problems on the test, you just learned how to score well on an IQ test, and that shouldn't be allowed if you're trying to measure intelligence.
>>
I mean I like to think so, if you really want to can get down to how it's hard to really quantify intelligence, and whether or not a person can be intelligent in general or in specific situations. I've definitely seen people - myself included - who were less naturally gifted at something than their peers exceed them by just working harder. It's not unheard of, best combo is being gifted and hard working tho lmao
>>
>>55876449
>the get rich quick CEOs all did what the investors were looking for, not what it's really needed

How is that not doing what's needed?

Who are you to decide what is needed or not?
>>
Doesn't matter how smart you are, in 50 years there will be AI's smarter than any human that has ever existed.

Learn to value the incredible gift of life that you have. Wanting to be something you're not only leads to unhappiness. The subjective experience is all that matters.

We're all basically hairless great apes.
>>
>>55876034
>a few hundred thousand a year.
That's only a little more than a senior dev who goes to work at 10am and types on a computer while snacking on free food.
>>
>>55875960
Sure, you might learn to imitate artists who came before you, or plug numbers into an equation, but you'll never actually a work of art or come up with some revolutionary formula unless you're born with talent.
>>
>>55876447
Intelligence is not static. You CAN improve it. Intelligence is not just "teh smartz", it is the ability to solve problems and reason things. If you practice lots of problem-solving, you get better at problem-solving. Your knowledge, your level of tiredness, even your diet, can all affect your intelligence.

>So I will just practice and practice and get smarter than Einstein
There are limits.
>>
>>55876497
This.

You'll never become successful so why even try?

if you're not born a genius then you might as well just give up and not do anything
>>
>>55876157
>>55876084
Remove your trip you dumbfuck. No one is talking about your shitty site.
>>
>>55876470
>How is that not doing what's needed?
Of course, the investors "need" it. What about the rest?

>Who are you to decide what is needed or not?
>Needed
It's obvious that what's needed is to save human lives and health. I don't need a survey for that. What you actually mean is "what people like" and not all people, you're just thinking about certain people.

Of course I can't decide that since I'm not the legal owner of thousands of people's workforce (in the form of money) so why are we even talking about it.
>>
hard work will get you to work experience. That's important and you can learn the theory later.

If you lack practical experience, you won't get too far from a job unless you are in academia.
>>
File: china game.jpg (46KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
china game.jpg
46KB, 453x604px
No matter how hard you work there's two billion Chinks and Pajeets out there who are more desperate then you will ever be
>>
>>55876534
>>55876497

Hate to shit on your parade and all, but you guys should probably look into how Maxwell came up with his equations in order to find out that he didnt even intended to came up with them in the first place.

He used tools available for everyone, implemented them into experimentation and translated his results into equations (which can be made if you understand calculus)

All of these things are available for everyone and can be understood by anybody who puts time into them.

By this logic, eventually, somebody else would have come up with Maxwell equations. I dont think its a matter of talent desu.
>>
all skills are trainable.

true, there are gifted people that get it quick and if they are disciplined they can be the ones we see in the history books. But EVERY SKILL IS TRAINABLE.

Just do it, practice and go on. Don't be a lazy fag.
>>
>>55876713

To add to this. Advances in physics aren't made because somebody decided he wanted to specifically find x and revolutionize the world.

Its a matter of trial and error. It would have been impossible to invent the radio before 1800 because there was missing knowledge in there, there was no explanation on electricity and magnetism and no such knowledge of a radio wave.

In other words, things happen or not, things advance or not. Eventually they do, does that mean those who contributed with experimentation and work into it were talentless?
>>
I feel that it is often under-appreciated that differences in IQ cause a communication gap (which is actually a relatively well studied phenomenon). Humans don't rigorously define everything and highlight each tiny step of their reasoning when they communicate. We omit obvious steps, but what may be obvious omissions to someone with an IQ of 150 might seem a leap of logic to someone of 130 IQ. Across differences over 15 IQ communication is problematic, at 30 and more it can be very difficult indeed. The ways your minds work are just too different.

That's part of the reason why people in the 120-130 IQ range are the backbone of most any major human endeavour. They are smart enough to (with effort) understand and apply the rare breakthroughs and paradigm shifts initiated by geniuses, but close enough to the average to be able to easily work with the general population and each other. And as they vastly outnumber the actual geniuses they can more easily pool their efforts. Man is a social animal.

How that reflects on individual success is another issue, but it's pointless to try to be what you are not. It's much better to be as good as you can at something you are.
>>
>>55876678
yeah but most of them don't give a shit about gitting gud. they just want to get gud enuf to get a visa in a white country
>>
I don't remember ever having to work hard in my life. Everything just always came easy to me. I feel bad for those who do.
>>
>>55876497
I don't know. Every truly masterful composer I can think of was trained from birth to be so, from Bach to Shostakovich, there is not a single exception (ie, somebody who started seriously learing music after puberty and who became a household name). They all started extremely young and were in some cases forced to practice daily. The only exception to this seems to be Beethoven whose compositions at the age of 20 were truly mediocre relative to what he later produced. But he was a piano virtuoso since before puberty, so he had musical fluency.

My theory is that to be great (ie, world class pioneer and thinker) you have to learn whatever it is you're learning like a language, starting before puberty. People who start afterwards will always have an "accent" of amateurishness, whereas people who start before will be "fluent".

Of course it depends on the individual as well. Joseph Conrad did not learn English until well after puberty and became one of the greatest writers in the English language in history. But he could already speak a language since before puberty, so whose to say that you could learn a new language such as music, programming, etc after puberty and become fluent?

Basically, if you had shitty parents who didn't give a fuck about training you, you're doomed to mediocrity. A human is an organism and certain years of development are lost forever, much like in dogs.
>>
>>55876777
this is what brainlets tell themselves to prevent themselves from committing sudoku every morning

jk, sounds reasonable
>>
>>55876777
Also most progress is incremental and the 120-130s are perfectly capable of that. The geniuses are crucial for the comparatively rare big breakthroughs.
>>
>>55876713
>He used tools available for everyone, implemented them into experimentation and translated his results into equations

You can backhand pretty much anything like that. "oh Mozart just pressed some buttons on a piano and wrote them down, eventually we would have reached the composition he wrote".
>>
>>55876806
they started young because they could only expect to live until like 30

>Basically, if you had shitty parents who didn't give a fuck about training you, you're doomed to mediocrity.

my parents didn't give a shit about training me. i had to give shits about myself.

most people just want to pass the days. those of us with motivation, and vision are the ones who succeed. hopefully our motivation encourages others to believe in themselves.
>>
>>55876777
That's probably also why most university professors are in the 120-130 range Very interesting.
>>
File: Aspect Raidu.jpg (379KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aspect Raidu.jpg
379KB, 1920x1080px
No. Intelligent people can work just as hard and have the best of both worlds.
I can study all I want and understand areas in mathematics and physics, but that doesn't mean I'm going to make up a revolutionary theory that will change the world in a day's time.

Sure is technology in here. Just kill /g/ for a few weeks.
>>
I'm sure there's a certain floor at which you're just too dumb to do great things. But a high iq is useless if you can't be assed to do anything with it.

I wager /g/ is filled with child geniuses who were in all the smart-kid classes, but burned out early because they're lazy as fuck.
>>
>>55876841
the child genius is a myth. the lazy genius is a myth.

if you're a genius, you have intrinsic motivation because you don't let anything hold you back, it's just not intelligent to do so.
>>
>>55876832
Those average lifespans are bullshit. They included infant deaths which brought the averages down. Ages of 50 to 70 were not uncommon for non-farming people (musicians, bourgeoisie, etc.) even in the 18th century.
>>
>>55876841
>le smart but lazy meme
When will it end?
>>
>>55876806
Most if not all relevant scientists went to university when they were adults, they gave themselves time and had regular non precocious lives.

This is what's great about a professional career, you don't need to be a prodigy kid, just a competent adult and work your way to the top.

This applies to art as well but there are people that take exceptions as rule.
>>
>>55876658
>Of course, the investors "need" it. What about the rest?

Well if the investors find value in it, isn't that what is needed?

>It's obvious that what's needed is to save human lives and health

And how are we suppose to do that exactly?
>>
>>55876828

Not necessarily. You see those two things do not connect.

One describes a basic principle of nature which, according to our experimentation, happens everywhere else in the universe. In other words, this principle is the same here and in the other side of the galaxy.

On the other hand, you have a composition of notes, originated from an idea, originated from experience and practice, originated from initiative. You are taking all the merit out of Mozard by basically saying that those things just ''magically popped up'' in this mind and then he wrote them. Give some credit dude.

So yes, considering that Maxwell continued the work of others before him, he dared and proceeded to experiment onto what he believed was happening. Had he not done it, somebody else would have discovered it.
>>
>>55876875
This.

So you're smart but not smart enough to figure out you need to work hard? Yeah real smart

That's what every highschool drop out living with his parents says.
>I'm smart i'm just lazy!
No, you're lazy AND dumb
>>
>>55876875
Never since it's true.
>>
>>55876006
mindblown
>>
>>55876944
But it isn't

How can you be smart but not be smart enough to find out that being lazy won't get you anywhere?

It's retarded. It's like saying "Yeah I could totally pick up 10/10's at the bar if i WANTED to but instead I'm lazy so i sit at home and masturbate to CP all day", ridiculous.
>>
>>55876927
Yeah Mozart talked about perceptions of his genius, “It is a mistake to think that the practice of my art has become easy to me. I assure you, dear friend, no one has given so much care to the study of composition as I. There is scarcely a famous master in music whose works I have not frequently and diligently studied.”
>>
>>55876956

*interracial porn

I am a cuk anon.
>>
>>55876956
Perceptions of reality do not always change behavior. Motivation is a feeling, not just a thought. All feelings I guess could be categorized as thoughts, but not all thoughts can be categorized as feelings.

>How can you be smart but not be smart enough to find out that being lazy won't get you anywhere?

Bipolar disorder, depression, ADD, abusive childhood, psychopathy, narcissism, anxiety, thyroid disorders; any number of things can interfere with motivation and commitment.
>>
>>55876956
>It's like saying "Yeah I could totally pick up 10/10's at the bar if i WANTED to but instead I'm lazy so i sit at home and masturbate to CP all day", ridiculous..

Pedophilia is a sexual preference. If kids were allowed at bars, well that'd be another story.
>>
>>55876992
Why have I never heard anyone describe themselves as both lazy and stupid?

Feels like every 3rd person is lazy but smart and just so happens to choose to be unsuccessful and work a shitty job. Yeah funny how that works out, protip: You aren't as smart as you think you are
>>
>>55877014
>Feels like

Thats the keyword. It feels true. That does not mean it is.
>>
>>55877038
Yes I don't literally mean that one third of the population describes themselves as lazy but smart, that was just hyperbole for the purpose of illustrating my point.

Are you one of these "smart but lazy" types?
>>
>>55877014
>Why have I never heard anyone describe themselves as both lazy and stupid?

Regardless of how stupid they are, most people believe themselves to be smart.
>>
>>55877056
Yeah I could totally start a successful business and become a billionaire if i wanted to, I just choose not to.

I also choose to be a virgin and a NEET when i could have sex with any woman i want and any job I want
>>
>>55876992
>Motivation is a feeling, not just a thought. All feelings I guess could be categorized as thoughts, but not all thoughts can be categorized as feelings.

What an empty statement. What are you even trying to say?
Seems to me you're starting to realize you're you're not that smart after all.
>>
>>55877078
You have knocked down a strawman. Congrats. Now read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

tl;dr Dumb people do not think they are.
>>
>>55877054
I wouldn't consider myself smart or lazy, and that does not change the substance of the argument. Hyperbole is not a useful tool for illustration, but its great for emotional venting.
>>
>>55876992
>Bipolar disorder, depression, ADD, abusive childhood, psychopathy, narcissism, anxiety, thyroid disorders
LOL

>implying no one has succeeded in spite of any ailment

git gud
>>
>>55876034
>a few hundred thousand
Literally my starting salary.

T. Maths Ph.D
>>
>>55877122
What I meant was quite clear, and you understood perfectly well but you're just arguing for arguments sake
>>
>>55877100
Are you saying that you don't understand the difference between thinking and feeling?

>>55877125
You're deriving a false implication, possibly because your caricatures of other people have become your reality. Or perhaps a projection of your own self-loathing.

>>55877141
Friend, your sample size is likely limited to people who spend a lot of time on the internet for starts. Secondly, its obvious to everybody that its better for th ego to admit laziness than stupidity, so you already know the answer to your question. My concern is not so much about the truth of what you say but about the lack of nuance in your thinking. Other people are not two-dimensional characters, and there are obvious reasons why somebody would be smart but not successful or motivated.

I am going to the store, please let me know if you'd like any tampons.
>>
>>55877183
>i'm smart I swear!!

Anon...
>>
>>55875960
>even if ur dumb as fuck
Not if you are dumb as fuck, at best you can hope for mediocrity.
Real success (6 digits salary if that's what you mean) is like 40% luck 40% work hard as fuck and 20% intelligence.
All of them are necessary tho, you really can't get anywhere without at least a little bit of everything
>>
>>55875974
KEK HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>55877183
>Other people are not two-dimensional characters, and there are obvious reasons why somebody would be smart but not successful or motivated

Yeah the obvious reason is lying to themselves and trying to comfort themselves for their failure/position in life(or whatever endeavor)

On-par with blaming other people for their failure ("the government", their parents, their upbringing, getting "unlucky", complete strangers being the most common)
>>
>>55877183
>You're deriving a false implication, possibly because your caricatures of other people have become your reality. Or perhaps a projection of your own self-loathing.
you're depressed and stupid because your life is in shambles and instead of picking up the pieces, you just wallow in them
>>
>>55877204
You understand people as you understand yourself. Perhaps you do those things. This does not mean strangers on the internet do it. People who lie about what they are can be divided into three categories: those who know it is a lie and feel shame, those who are somewhat conscious it is a lie but suppress it, and those who are unaware that there is something wrong with them. But you will not understand these people if you believe they are all "like that", aka the caricature you have created of them.
>>
>>55877236
Yeah true.

i can definitely see how some people can be smart but lazy. I'm sure there's lots of lazy but smart people working at mcdonalds when they could easily work as analysts for goldman sachs, they probably just chose not to i guess
>>
>>55877218
My life is pretty good, but yours will not be if you don't adjust your outlook on others.
>>
>>55875960
No, people smarter than you can and will work harder.
>>
>>55877254
Do all of your thoughts concerning others fall into these archetypes? If so, then you have a limited mind. There are plenty of grad students around me who are depressed but brilliant people, for many different reasons.
>>
>>55877289
they're depressed because they're stupid, but they tell themselves they aren't while their life clearly points to the fact that they are
>>
>>55877308
That's an amazingly lazy argument
>>
>>55877326
yeah i'm smart but lazy
>>
I got a BS in maths and CS with minimal effort this year, i.e. watching anime and shitposting on 4chan all the time. Is this smart but lazy? Not really. I think I'm pretty dumb and the people around me overrate me.
>>
>>55877342
same tbqh fampai. except i hate anime. different strokes
>>
File: 1469574497889-g.jpg (188KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1469574497889-g.jpg
188KB, 1280x853px
Can it beat intelligence? Depends on if the person with the intelligence is working at least 50% as hard as the "hard worker". If so, no. Some people are more inclined towards one field or another than a different person. I.e. I know a few programmers who are amazing at their job. Ranging from working for the bank coding side of things (cobal or something), to knowing an in depth knowledge of many languages and working for multiple companies at once from home.

Yet take these same people who are friends that I'd consider very intelligent, and give them a car to fix. Or even smaller, have them fix a PC that refuses to boot. I can say with utmost honesty that they'd all be stumped for a good deal longer than I would and the vice versa is true. It would take me way longer to come up with a solution in code for a problem they fixed in 10 minutes.

This is all of course assuming we're speaking of talent being "intelligence". If you mean the raw "intelligence" of SAT, ACT, GPA, then no. I've worked for, and built PCs for people who had great scores etc, and were stupid as fuck. I've also gone to school with people whose grades were in the shitter, and they never showed up for class. Ended up dropping out at 15 and got his GED 3 months later. Last I heard he is doing very well for himself having gotten a bachelor's degree by 18 years old.

Synthetic intelligence so to speak is overall worthless. Kind of like testing an ssd with a benchmark vs real world use.
>>
Yes. My IQ is a little above 130, but I still amount to nothing because I'm a depressed, lazy piece of shit with no drive to do anything but numb myself.

Seriously, if you have average intelligence and any kind of goal, just go for it, you'll probably make it.
>>
>>55877475
This

I have 145 iq(I did an online iq test) and I'm very attractive but I'm still a NEET virgin because I have anxiety and depression(I didn't see a psychologist but I read the symptoms online and diagnosed myself)

I know how you feel bro
>>
File: 1469959717637.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469959717637.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>55877475
>it's a "underachiever brags about his IQ" episode
>>
>>55876406
>I will write this because I'm more intelligent
I write this because I'm more intelligent
>>
>>55876486
This is what Elon Musk on acid should sound like
>>
File: 1468457231480.jpg (25KB, 400x291px) Image search: [Google]
1468457231480.jpg
25KB, 400x291px
>>55876156
>Biggest predictor to success in a globalised society
>Doesn't prove much.

Enjoy teaching Somalians to program and learn the language in Sweden.
>>
>>55876777
good post
>>
>>55877475
>>55877507

solving a bunch of raven matrices on the internet it's not taking an iq test
>>
I don't think the problem is really about laziness, but more about fear of making things. You can be intelligent but a fucking coward
But then come the argument : if you're smart enough, you know how to defy your fears
>>
>>55878178
Everyone is smart but lazy. It means nothing until you do something with it
>>
OP here, my thread got more than 100 replies wohooooooo yeahhh

Thank u guys I would like to thank my mom my dad and eveyon esle
>>
>>55875960
If you have to work hard your doing it wrong.

The richest people on earth never worked a day in their lives, CEOs don't work, Bankers don't work, Investors don't work etc.
>>
>>55875960
I didn't know Apple that makes cans now.
>>
>>55875960
Hard work: Windows
Intelligence: TempleOS
Hard work + Intelligence: Linux
>>
IQ is pointless as a measure of intelligence
>>
>>55881378
It's the best approximation we have, so far.
>>
>>55875960
>intelligence
I personally believe that intelligence can be altered by a desire for knowledge. Not to levels of grandeur, but certainly above averages. Most people are complacent with filling their heads full of useless information, like sports stats and television plots.

Hard work in the correct direction will bring intelligence.
>>
>>55876139
>being paid to watch anime all day

or take that time to further automate more and more complicated tasks while coming up with better solutions therefore steadily increasing your income.
>>
>>55881378
In IQ tests niggers score lower, which perfectly reflects the reality: they are dumb as a rock, made for slavery and nothing else.
>>
>>55875960
Yes, good goy.
Intelligence doesn't matter if you can work hard for mr.goldstein!
>>
>>55876918

Falling for the "you have to have fixed a problem before you can identify it" meme.
>>
>>55882384

Careful, anon. You'll find that it's actually proof against IQ as a measure of intelligence.

>Dindus dindu, and are as smart as anyone else!
>Dindus score poorly on IQ tests
>Therefore, IQ tests are bunk and also racist!
>>
File: 1433716581317.png (41KB, 213x201px) Image search: [Google]
1433716581317.png
41KB, 213x201px
Why not both

An unintelligent person isn't more likely to be a hard worker, probably the opposite.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Langan
an American whose IQ was reported to be between 195 and 210, although IQ tests are unreliable at such high levels. He has been described as "the smartest man in America" as well as "the smartest man in the world" by the media.
Langan took a string of labor-intensive jobs for some time, and by his mid-40s had been a construction worker, cowboy, Forest Service Ranger, farmhand, and, for over twenty years, a bouncer on Long Island
>>
>>55877103
Said the guy who didn't understand why being able to train for and improve at a test that is supposed to measure a person's supposedly static quality is bad
>>
It's true to an extent that your efforts will carry you further than your innate ability

Intelligence is just a measure of how quickly you can process information. If you don't apply it to learning anything, of course you'll be surpassed by someone less intelligent than you, whether you measure it money or knowledge or what have you.
>>
>>55875960
Hard work+Intelligence>Hard work>Intelligence
If you have the tools but not the capacity to use it your tools would be useless. Intelligence is a tool. Why complicate it.
>>
>>55876777
Upvoted for visibility.
>>
>>55877923
>Biggest predictor to success in a globalised society

You just said hard work was the biggest predictor.
>>
just look at the case study for László Polgár, he was able to train his daughter to be a grandmaster in chess.

Even watson states that he can turn anyone into a genius at whatever field they want to be if he is given free reign since their childhood.

Hardwork can bring results but you might have to start since young and no so much older.
>>
>>55877342

hey, wanna be friends? I envy the kind of people that can do well in today's education standard without doing much.

i.e. people who are in ivy league schools like harvad or something and have a cum laude status but still parties and do stupid shit all the time.

I would love to be one of those people or know how they do it.

I watch anime and do some hobby shit but I fail miserably on my studies so it sucks really.I really envy those kind of 'genius'
>>
>>55876147
>making 150k/yr + god tier benes
>spend ~20 hours a week doing actual work

Yeah, I'm really wasting my time. What I should really be doing is working 60+ hours a week running my own business, that sure sounds fun :^)
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.