[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need keyboard assistance /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 43191191.jpg (100KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
43191191.jpg
100KB, 400x400px
Sup /g/

Let's talk quiet keyboards.

I work in an office that is extremely quiet, so any of the mechanical shit is out the window. I'm not trying to be the office neckbeard. I spend 7-8 hours a day typing and would like something ergonomic and comfortable. I've used Logitech Wave keyboards, but they don't hold up to use. I don't want anything that has "gamer keys" or any autistic shit like that on it. No fancy colors on the WASD keys, etc. Something professional, with a numeric keypad and all the function keys.

What do you use? I don't want to buy another wave, but maybe that's the best thing out there for my needs. Not sure where to start my search, so I came here.
>>
>>55875506
>I work in an office that is extremely quiet, so any of the mechanical shit is out the window

Literally knows fucking nothing about keyboards.
>>
>>55875574
Enlighten me
>>
File: MX-Blue.gif (284KB, 550x250px) Image search: [Google]
MX-Blue.gif
284KB, 550x250px
>>55875607
It's only the blues that click(pic related), because they have a hop section that bounces the contact over. The rest are don't and have different spring strengths.

A regular keyboard has more noise because the keys are loose fitting where as mechs slip on rather than clip. So when they spring back the shake causing noise.

Mechs are all fine fitment. Try your local PC shop, they usually have a mech board on display.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/General-Tech/Mechanical-Keyboard-Switches-Explained-and-Compared
>>
OK, will experiment with different colors of switch. I had heard that the mech stuff was all loud as gunshots and people using them in office environments were hated. Maybe this isn't the case.

Is there a brand you recommend? I see stuff like Das Keyboard and CODE and Cooler Master thrown around but don't know my ass from my head.
>>
>>55875506
HHKB Type S with hypersphere rings and shelf liner.
>>
>>55875833
Nice keyboard, but I need the function keys, modifers, and arrows. Also number pad.
>>
>>55876045
Realforce 104UB Silent. Many enthusiasts enjoy 55G aswell so your choice on weighting.
>>
>>55876238
>Realforce 104UB Silent.
Nice
>>
>>55876363
If you're willing to commit a large amount of money the 10th Anniversary edition has purple silenced sliders and is very high quality.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.