[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emailing companies for free shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1c721ee.jpg (102KB, 858x675px) Image search: [Google]
1c721ee.jpg
102KB, 858x675px
Has anyone here tried it? What companies would give me free shit if I asked?
>>
You should send them actual letters.
>>
>>55873587
what the fuck are you going to say?

> uh hello mr. sandisk can I have a sd card please
>>
>>55873587
its very unlikely and odds are you'll just end up wasting more time than its worth.
>>
With a small channel you can shill for the chinks. Apparently at like 1k subscriber they give stuff like candies.
>>
>>55873845
>as a single mother of 3...
>your product has changed the way I...
>I know you guys probably get this a lot but I want to really thank you for...
You get the point.
>>
>>55873845
>helo mr sandisku~, will you provide me SD cards in exchange for me shilling on /g/ for your company?
>>
>>55873587
ask AMD for Amada merchandise
>>
>>55873587
I've always wanted to email some random company or factory and ask if i could stop by and pick up some of the shit they just end up throwing away. Them sending you free shit will cost them money, so you're better off asking to pick stuff up from there. [spoiler]That's just what i think though, i could be wrong[/spoiler]
>>
>>55873845
just say you want to test the performance of their device before making an order? You could easily end up with an SD card that way. Probably not memory and certainly not a graphics card, but for high-volume items it's not hard to get samples
>>
>>55873587
>marvell

do they make anything for consumers at all
>>
>>55873587
Pretend you are a female engineering major at some university, begin and end the letter with buzzwords.
>>
>>55873587
Monitoring this thread.
Though I guess this goes on /biz/
>>
>>55873587
I asked lenovo for a Thinkpad review unit, they were about to send it to me, but chickened out at the last minute, they probably know that I'm just going to bash it.
>>
File: 1469577706976.jpg (187KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1469577706976.jpg
187KB, 1024x1024px
>>55873886
The day AMD releases Amada merchandise is the day i build a new desktop
>>
>>55873587
Are you a youtube content creator with over 1 million subscribers that is primarily a tech reviewing channel? That is your answer. Linus made a vid a while back explaining this shit. Unless you are making millions off ads you are nothing to the corporations.
>>
True story. I was on a student design team at my old uni and we asked for free shit all the time. Most companies will give away physical goods as long as you slap their logo on your project (ours was a formula style car so it was easy). We got a shit ton of aircraft grade carbon fiber sheets from Boeing in upstate Washington because they were "expired" but still suitable for use, just not commercially due to safety factors.

Same goes for software. If you just say you're a college student working on a project (you can fib a tiny bit and say it's for a class) and need their software for something, as long as you clearly lat out what you're doing, show some progress, then promise to either send them some sort of log (photos, the actual project, etc) of your final product, they'll give you either trial licenses or the full thing.

Most software companies have student design packages for uni or high school students. If you're not a student, it's a bit more difficult. Though most will give you a trial (if none are publicly available) if you claim you're willing to buy their product or shill for them. (I got a year long license for a PTC FEA package by telling them I was former user of their CAD software and was interested in their full FEA suite). It never hurts to ask

tl;dr just ask and you will usually receive unless you're not a student in which case it's more fishy asking for free stuff
>>
>>55873986
If you're hoping to land new, top-of-the-line, components, this is probably true. If you're trying for a mouse or a USB gadget, the standards are lower
>>
>>55873986
What if I threaten to hack them?
>>
I send emails to companies all the time. Mostly in a, "Hey, I work in a data center and I my coworker got a Dell/APC/whatever polo and I was wondering if I could get one too."
>>
File: 1465619201592.jpg (274KB, 721x887px) Image search: [Google]
1465619201592.jpg
274KB, 721x887px
I remember when I was I kid I wrote a letter in my chickenscratch handwriting about how I love their games, and how one day I wanted to make games and work at Nintendo too. I even asked if I could get a job now please.

I remember them sending me back one of those large transparent stickers if link, a super smash bros poster, some club Nintendo code shit, and a generic letter saying how they thanked me for my support. Fucking shit blew my mind, and I gloated to my friends for days on end telling I got a job at nintendo. Fucking love those days
>>
>>55873607
This. An actual paper letter will go so much further.

Straight into a shredder, but at least somebody will read the first few words first, rather than having it get caught by a filter.
>>
>>55873909
very large corps wont do it
small ones might but you still have to pay somehting
>>
noone will send you free shit
bigger companies arnt retarded
no they dont care about your youtube channel that averages 200 views
stop being fucking stupid
>>
>>55873973
>implying they will
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.