[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

give me a good reason to use linux >pro tip: you can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: fuk.jpg (120KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
fuk.jpg
120KB, 500x367px
give me a good reason to use linux
>pro tip: you can't
>>
Here we go again...
>>
>>55872489
To look like a hacker
>>
>>55872489
I don't want to get sued for pirating my shit
>>
>>55872489
>free
>gratis
>secure
>open
etcetc
>>
>>55872489
Why should I? I'm sure you can't handle it.
>>
>>55872489

It's Free.

Any other reason is stupid.
>>
File: Capture+_2016-08-01-11-48-39-1.png (128KB, 1242x1441px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-08-01-11-48-39-1.png
128KB, 1242x1441px
>>
>>55872763
but it feels like shit, and windows comes along with most pc's
>>
Easier to program C++
Same reason why you would use windows for C#
>>
>>55872763
Um no, the way Microsoft is headed, windows will become a home serviellence software. If a government official goes full SJW, you might get sued for posting racial slurs like "nigger"
>>
>>55872792

Implying windows was free.

Windows is never free.
>>
>>55872780
>no general uninstall system
Really? Wasn't their some simple ass debian solution?
>>
>>55872804
Maybe in a america.
Not here.
>>
>>55872780
Windows can't uninstall softwares as well, FYI
>>
>>55872838
What makes you think the first world governments will no take such an advantage?
>>
>>55872763
Windows is also free.

Who the fuck pay for software ? Just torrent it you fucking goy.
>>
>>55872853
Yes it can. You just type "remove", "programs", or any number of key words and you are linked to an interface where you double click on the item you want to remove. You can even sort by name, size, install date, and even how often you use the program.
>>
>>55872489
I like it. Why should we need a reason?
>>
>>55872489
>pro tip
>Windows user
Pfffffffffffft.
>>
>>55872862
Governaments that ensure "privacy" over using everyone elses infrastructure .
Besides if they could be tracked themselves by the same software they use on everyone do you think they would endorse it?
>>
>>55872489
>give me a good reason to use linux
>give me
>me

you're right, we can't, quit being a sheep and make up your own mind without constantly seeking validation for your choices, you faggot
>>
>>55872879
Windows is never free it's just the fact that pay for a shitty OEM license in the price of a computer or laptop.

No seriusly you pay like anywhere from $20 on a OEM laptop to $160 on "Custom" laptops/Desktops.
>>
>>55872889
in my experience, uninstalling stuff on windows always leaves garbage behind, like registry entries, directories, occasionally even leaving scripts behind or other assets

2bh, microbenis forcing me to clean up after windows shitting itself during the uninstallation process is unprofessional as fuck
>>
>>55872943
All Cucks should gather in the BSD threads please.
>>
>>55872889
Not really, it only calls the uninstaller that comes with the software. Registry config files and local preferences remain in various places all over the system.

However, Microsoft is trying to resolve this issue by implementing a real package manager built into the app store. They learned it from Linux, BSD, Android and MacOS. A centralised package manager enforces a standard of where the config files and local data should be saved, furthermore it is actually beneficial to the software vendors
>They don't have to write installer frameworks
>By making the software app store only both MS and the vendor can ensure the security of the package
>Pirate cucks get BTFO etc.

>>55872943
>They could be tracked themselves
Well that's a valid reason why France is not happy with it. Russia probably ditched windows completely in their sensitive computers
>>
>>55872975
Also
>Finally windows gets the ability to update the whole system
>Finally windows gets the ability to rank update mirrors so it doesn't get stuck at 35%
>>
>>55872961
That stuff is usually extremely minimal in space usage, and doesn't slow anything down. However if you decide to install the program again many settings will be saved. I've uninstalled many games, only to install them again later and have all my save files.
>>
My $1000 laptop runs like ass with an i7 and ssd. My $80 craptop with a baytrail atom and hdd runs fedora just fine.
>>
>>55872975
Yeah thats the truth for most european countries.
If it's going to break their cover on corruption why let microshaft do anything lol.

>>55872971
Shoo NSA Shoo
>>
>>55873003
I would prefer my registry stay neat and tidy. Probably sounds ocd but they build up over time and they do make a difference in performance. It's frustrating that I need additional programs to sweep up the leftovers from ordinary computer use when it should correct these issues on its own, or at least give the option to do so.
>>
>>55873052
You are getting the wrong idea. Governments themselves won't run windows nut they can buy the telemetry logs from MS

It's a win-win
>>
>>55873093
>Governaments

You're using the wrong unit of measurement there.

You should be thinking about the people that run the government itself and are corrupt or engage in illicit money activities.
Then you'd see the actual stupidity of being logged.
>>
>>55873080
The registry being clogged is just a meme. A clean registry has no effect on performance. The registry in its entirety is a few megabytes in size and resides in your RAM. The amount of data relating to installed programs is super tiny compared to the rest of the registry, and leftovers from uninstalled programs a fraction of that.

On top of this, the registry isn't something that is constantly accessed.
>>
>>55873125
Well if your ruling party gets back their own record, they'll conveniently get rid of it. Not like the logs are going to be published for the public
>>
>>55872489
Why?

If you're happy with your Windows garbage then more power to you.
>>
>>55873164
Yeah right you have no ideia how the justice and police system works right?

So yeah nice tunnel vision.
When you get the big picture (that is if you get it) try I don't know see why it's a bad idea to have logging.
>>
>>55872531
>open

I thought Linux himself guards his kernel against any change and is very aggressive about keeping it like he made it.

If the kernel is so """open""", that is controlled by a clique of Linux and his buddies, what does it matter that the rest of the OS is free, open, w/e...
>>
>>55873269
bureaucracy
>>
>>55873296
Nope still not there yet.
>>
>>55873303
I like your positive thinking
>>
>>55873285
Nigga just fork the kernel or change it yourself retard
>>
>>55872489
I like using it :^)
>>
File: 1355429795693.jpg (237KB, 827x1094px) Image search: [Google]
1355429795693.jpg
237KB, 827x1094px
>>55872489
?
>>
>>55872838
>>55873303
>>55873269
You really are a fool
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.