[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin Mining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Ok heres an idea. I have a bitcoin miner right? But since there is no way anymore to use it to make a profit, can i use its sha256 decrypting skills to work on other things? Like aircrack-ng in Kali or decryption? Or is it not even possible? Anyways thought i would pitch it to people smarter than me. Also general bitcoin thread. Is it still a thing?
>>
>>55871650
You are the reason AMD is dying, faggot.
kys
>>
>>55872227
the reason AMD is dying is because they've been releasing subpar cards for the past 5 years :^)
>>
no and no.

you will need to build a $10,000 rig if you want to actually be able to crack password hashes in any reasonable amount of time.
>>
>>55871650

Let me know in 300 years when you manage to crack the first one.
>>
Are you talking about a custom asic miner like the one pictured, or is it just a general-purpose computer? Assuming the former, no, unless you have a file hashed with sha-256
>>
>>55871650
Bitcoin miners do an SHA256(SHA256(x)) while for aircrack you need an sha256(x)
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>55871650
But is bitcoin even a thing anymore i think is the real question???????????????????
>>
>>55872367
so youre telling me there isnt any hope?
>>
>>55871650
>yfw the only people who made any money from Bitcoin were Bitcoin miner vendors
>>
tfw no tripcode cracking asic
>>
> Tfw I fixed a computer today with ransomware that encrypted every file on the computer
> The ransom was for 300 bitcoins

Bitcoins should be illegal
>>
>>55872316
>:^)
>>
>>55872430
An FPGA is enough.
>>
>>55872227
AMD is not dying, why would you think that? They are doing fine like they always have.
>>
>>55872396
No, the best option to crack and stuff is an FPGA or a good GPU because they are more scalable
>>
>>55872382
It is on wall street which means it isn't.
>>
>>55872331
It's 2016, you can crack passwords with much less
>>
>>55871650
2010 called. It wants his money back.
>>
>>55872520
tfw no open-source tripcode cracking fpga architecture
>>
>>55872532
any you would recommend?
>>
>>55872557
no, its 2016, you you still need power.

something along the lines of a 4 way titan x build can crack 10 character ntlm passwords in minutes. that is the kind of powerhouse you need if you want an actual cracking rig.

amd isnt even the defacto standard in these builds anymore either
>>
>>55871650

Was stealing electricity at work with 6 antminers but these days yield is just too low and Ive shut that operation down.
>>
>>55872580
It's a good excuse to learn VHDL
>>
>>55872581
I don't know much about fpga but I would use nvidia titans
>>
>>55872610
that does sound interesting, but it would be cool if there was an open-source project to reference, since I wouldn't even know where to begin
>>
>>55872581
>spartan
:^)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.