[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropped out of /CS/ thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1460363688796.jpg (619KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460363688796.jpg
619KB, 1920x1080px
Who too cool for school, here?
Who among us is the next Zuckerjobs?
>>
Why, anon?
>>
>>55871397
Not you, that's damn sure.
>>
>>55871397
>intro to programming class uses Java
>drop out
extended version
>Understand the concepts
>have no memory for syntax
>all the quizzes are: write a code that compiles that does X
>Give myself aneurysm over projects because teacher never bothers to teach debugging
>give minimal effort
>don't even do some of the homeworks because they are pointless
>See some nerdos do amazing well-coded projects
>get discouraged and realize/rationalize software industry is shit
>final grade A-
happy ending. Too bad I went HAM and took discrete maths at the same time. Now I have two courses that don't help me complete my new geology degree.
>>
>>55871500
>>55871500
>>Give myself aneurysm over projects because teacher never bothers to teach debugging

Or you could have tried to have been proactive in your learning dipshit.
>>
>>55871397
me to be honest
Once I move out of my mom's house, I'll get a great job with my lisp and emacs skills.
>>
>>55871500
>>have no memory for syntax
>>don't even do some of the homeworks because they are pointless
You're a fucking retard.
You memorise syntax by using it. That's what the homework is for.

>>get discouraged and realize/rationalize software industry is shit
>I'm not as good as other people, I'll just give up and start saying it's shit instead of actually putting in effort to be better than other people.
It's good you dropped out, you won't get anywhere with that mindset.
>>
>>55871397
I dropped out and I don't regret it. Gainfully employed right now and doing the same shit I'd be doing with a college degree.

I might go back though depending on how my next job hunt goes.
>>
File: 1445669399933-1.png (64KB, 198x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445669399933-1.png
64KB, 198x300px
>>55871397
gonna be to hard, to get on the top like him or others like him...innovation or evolution its not something that will appear like that in a instant...

>Where can we innovate?
- phones? no.
- personal computers? maybe but it will get harder.
- personal robots? maybe, but we are not prepared for.
- batteries? yes.
- VR? yes, but must go slow, or will be a disaster.
- fuel? no, forget that fallout meme stuff.
- internet? maybe.
>etc...
>>
>>55871766
>I'm not as good as other people, I'll just give up and start saying it's shit instead of actually putting in effort to be better than other people.
I only did this in coding because I HATE IT.
Life is too short to pursue a career you don't enjoy.
I'll leave software engineering to all those students who are actually passionate and incredibly competent.

Believe me, I know that skill is something you develop and you are not born with.

I decided software engineering wasn't for me.
>>
>>55871916
Well, saying you realise it isn't yours is different to saying the whole industry is shit.
If coding isn't fun to you then yes, I can understand that.

From your post it sounded like you were a lazy piece of shit that blames other people for his incompetence.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.