[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No cheap gaming laptops for us

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: :^(.png (58KB, 564x518px) Image search: [Google]
:^(.png
58KB, 564x518px
:^(
>>
can we sue?
>>
>>55870429
Seriously. 5% off with 50$ shipping is pointless.
>>
>>55870389
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55870466
>smiley
>>
What was the deal?
>>
>>55870484
a pound and change for a $2000 laptop
>>
>>55870466
>carat nose
its a meme arrow you fucking newb
>>
>>55870389

Just got the same email. Was worth a try.

>>55870429

Probably not. You could try to argue against it due to the specific wording of the email they sent, but you'll end up spending more on legal fees than the laptop is worth anyway.
>>
>>55870389
i hate this shit, its the companies fault you shouldnt be able to punish the consumer SUESUESUESUESUe
>>
>>55870678
You absolutely can't sue for this in the US, and I'm sure its the same in Britain.
>>
>>55871961

It was a British website and you would have a valid claim. British law states a contract of sale is formed when both parties agree to the sale, and the emails HP sent out specifically said "your order has been accepted". This could be construed as a forming of a contract of sale, which cannot be broken unless both parties agree to it.

But like I said, it's not worth trying to sue. The legal fees are going to be more than the laptop and it'll take years to get any results anyway.
>>
>>55870389
>>55870678
If you ever do discover something like this buy it but dont tell anyone. You are much more likely to get it if you are the only one. HP might eat $2000 or it might get shipped without anybody even noticing if its 1 or 2 laptops but when they get 50,000 orders for the 100 laptops they have in the warehouse it raises suspicions.
>>
>>55872075
It's never just one person who finds it, they always get out there eventully. It's futile.
>>
>>55871747
You weren't punished by not receiving a $2K laptop for a buck.

Stop crying like a little girl.
>>
>>55872035
Similar stuff exists in my country.
They also have a rule where if something is advertised by a company at a lower cost than they will sell you, you are entitled to receive the item for free (to a limit).

So like if it said: LAPTOP $200 but at checkout made you pay $300, its yours at no cost.
>>
>>55872075
>buy it
>buy five
ftfy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.