[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Data Recovery

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: download.png (113KB, 767x411px)
download.png
113KB, 767x411px
I want to talk about data recovery.

I recently tried ddrescue; which, while reading through the documentation, seemed interesting enough to give it a try. But after completing the operation I was left with what seemed to be a clone of the failing drive copying over everything including the fucked up file system - making it worthless. I was curious if anyone has had success with ddrescue?

Now, PhotoRec did the job beautifully - it was almost too easy to use. But with that I'm left with another issue - how to automate the organization of all the file types? Some research is just giving me indexers which is useless for what I need, I can't hand a HDD to a client expecting them to sift through all the malware to find a jpeg of last Christmas.
>>
One last bump
>>
>>55866586
Bump for OP, this is relevant to my interest.
>>
>>55866975
OP bumping again because this guy bumped OP
>>
PhotoRec is open-source. Just edit its code and make it sort the files.
>>
>>55867368
You pretty much hit the nail on the head for what I'm going to have to do. Was just hoping to find an existing utility but I am not having any luck.
>>
>>55867553
why don't you use utils to pick e.g. jpg files and filter by size to drop thumbnails
>>
>>55867553
There's also http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/Scripted_run#PhotoRec but I don't know if any of those commands do what you need
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.