[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me upgrade my computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1469773562665.jpg (122KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1469773562665.jpg
122KB, 960x731px
So in 2011 when I was still an underage b&, my family got me a mid range gaming desktop. The thing is, it barely plays games of today on medium settings and I want to upgrade it.

My specs are:

Pentium G620 2.6Ghz
Radeon HD 5670 1GB DDR3
4GB DDR3 RAM

I want to upgrade it to 8GB of DDR5 RAM and possibly a graphics card like the 480. Has to be below 400 euros though. Is the 480 the best bang for my buck or can I get a better graphics card that plays current games on at least high settings?

Thanks senpai.
>>
File: DJ-KHALED-XXL-psd9294.png (173KB, 255x400px) Image search: [Google]
DJ-KHALED-XXL-psd9294.png
173KB, 255x400px
>not using NVIDIA
>>
>>55866862
Which card should I get then that's below 400 euros?
>>
>>55866392
Your best bet is probably to find the cheapest ivy bridge processor you can find and spend the rest of your budget on the best GPU you can get.
The reason for this is you didn't tell us what your MOBO is, but it obviously supports an LGA 1155 socket.
I'm an amd guy but from what I understand the last line of chips that fit that socket were Ivy Bridge, so get it as cheap as you can cause it's already obsolete technology.
If you go this route make sure your PSU can handle the increased demand on power.

Honestly though, your best bet is to build a new pc from scratch and OC the shit out of it. You can save money cause you already got 4gb ram, a case, and some kind of PSU that's proven itself reliable.

If you're going simply for the most power and price you get probably an fx 6300 and a GTX 950-60 or r7 370 and a Gigabyte AMD Motherboard GA-970A-UD3P.

Another option is to run a few older Amd HD cards on crossfire, it's what i do and I get pretty phenomenal results with hardly any problems. But your PSU probably won't support that.
>>
>>55868509
Ah after thinking about it. There are more options available since you're saving some money on PSU , case, ram and disk drives.
For 400 euro you can probably get an RX 480 and an i3 6300 and a cheap mobo like MSI B150M Mortar LGA 1151 Intel B150.
I bet that's under 400 euro.
>>
Build an FX8350 rig for cheap and put a previous generation HD7970 in it, that'll smoke current consoles.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.