[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

True Story of the Botnet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

This is all true and this has all happened to a family friend of mine. I am leaving out some details to protect her anonymity. I don't know if this belongs on /g/, but I am helping her to secure her computer and I want your help.
>inb4 v&
>inb4 thread pruned immediately
You know how in movies a government agent will infiltrate the mafia or a gang and then arrest all the members? My mother grew up with a woman whose father was a powerful drug dealer. She graduated and joined the military and became an accountant there and when she got back she married a man who she thought was her husband. They didn't have any kids but they lived together for about 5 years. One day when she got home, he told her "I'm not your husband, we're not married, I am a member of the DEA, ad your father and all of his friends are under arrest." She tried calling him, but her phone had been disconnected. She managed to rush out and warn her father, and he got away. When she got back to her house, all the locks had been changed and she had no record of ever living there. He hasn't been seen since.
Here's where it starts to get creepy.
After all of this happened, she tried to get her life back on track. She became an accountant, but she could tell that people were on her computer remotely, because it would move on its own and she would sometimes lose control of it. She could also hear recorders or people listening to her phone at work.
Cont in next post, didn't realize how long this was.
>>
>>55861136
bump for interest
>>
>>55861136
Install Gentoo
>>
Thank god the botnet exists.
Do you realize this guys was a "big drug dealer" and you guys are literal nobodies paranoid loli addict?
>>
>>55861136
Sounds like losing her husband like that broke her and shes now paranoid. You dont make computer move on its own when remotely accesing it
>>
File: 1469997076966.jpg (560KB, 776x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1469997076966.jpg
560KB, 776x1054px
>She fell for the windows 10 meme
>>
She went to try to get her managers to check it out, and they refused to even acknowledge her. She left that job, and the same thing happened to her at her new job. It was like her managers had been given gag orders or something. She can't go to the government about this kind of stuff because they're the ones she's hiding from.
She had a cell phone for a little while, and one day it was randomly disconnected.
She has received threats from government officials and she is as terrified of anything concerning them. She's not a criminal.
She still has the name of the DEA agent, and she has their marriage certificate. She has been denied witness protection.
Her identity was recently "stolen". Her insurance was canceled out of nowhere because for some reason they think she lives in buttfuck Texas even though she lives in Louisiana. No company will insure her because of it. When she tried to report it she was denied.
She has moved almost completely off the grid. She doesn't use the internet, she doesn't own a cell phone. Her home phone will be randomly disconnected or she will randomly get a different number.
There are more things I'm sure I'm leaving out but you get the gist.
>government funded gangstalking in the US OF A
>>55861218
>what is VNC
Have you never called one of those indian scam hotlines? They send you a logmein program and they control your mouse.
>>55861221
This started about 20 years ago if not more.
>>
>threat model is DEA
Oh, there's your problem. Here's what you do:
>delete this post
>DBAN all hard disks
>no, I mean ALL hard disks, that includes yours
>throw the computers, including yours, in a trash compactor
>also all phones, pagers, everything
>yes, ALL phones, even that burner phone you got - ESPECIALLY that burner phone you got

I have no useful advice after this point except buy new computer (NOT phone, never buy another SIM again) with cash from a place you never usually go far away from where you live, break all ties with this lady and never speak to her again, and don't post here again.

I don't know if it will be enough, but I'm pretty sure it means one less shitposter on this board, so I'm comfortable with that outcome.
>>
She is completely paranoid because of this, and refuses to even get a burner phone. She has no online presence and she barely even uses the internet.
How can I secure everything she has so she can at least have some form of communication?
So far I have
>Veracrypt everything
>Tor(?) all the time
>Nothing with your name online
>SSD only
What else is there to do?
I completely believe her because I've seen evidence of this all being true.
>>
File: 1469508563051.jpg (178KB, 612x542px) Image search: [Google]
1469508563051.jpg
178KB, 612x542px
>>55861136
Reminds me of a Chinese couple I once met. Husband married her out of convenience to get to Australia. The first and last time I met the wife was with my girlfriend at the time, they were doing a childcare course together.
She explained to us about the distance he had with her and that once coming to Australia it was all work work work with him. She really doubted that he loved her, and he was very controlling with who she can and cannot see. I of course was not meant to be there and we had to leave before his shift ended at the internet supplier for the town.
But before we left she decided to give uis a tour of her home. It was computer shit everywhere, as one could expect with someone good with computers, HOWEVER.
She pointed out her WiFi router above the fridge.
This fucking thin man. it was 60cm's wide 40cm's tall and X deep.
It was no fucking router.
Obviously a server of some kind.
I said nothing to my girlfriend as we left, and a day or two later dropped in a tip.
Around four days later they were arrested for hacking into the CSIRO in Melbourne.
I never told her I did that, I still feel bad about it. She never did have any friends.
>>
>>55861172
This IS an actual solution.
>>
>>55861299
You can't. Your threat model is the DEA, looking for any means she has of communicating with her father, using the full resources of the NSA plus at least one (desu, probably only one) committed, heavily-armed, well-funded angry musclehead goon who's probably named Max Force Mark VI or something and is determined to gaslight her via active, intrusive surveillance.

Meanwhile in the other corner of the ring, is you, a /g/ shitposter with Tor, VPNs, Signal and pocket lint - and I'm dreadfully sorry, but none of those are up to the job here.

Leave her to her bubbling insanity before Ace Gun Eagle VII starts thinking about making it his mission to get his new intern to disrupt/deny/degrade/denigrate you, and hope she's just some nutty schizophrenic and nothing comes of it.

Run, don't walk, in the other direction. If you had to ask questions like this here, you ain't qualified to give her advice, laddie.
>>
Sounds like a schizophrenic.
>>
>>55861335
>Obviously a server of some kind.
>I said nothing to my girlfriend as we left, and a day or two later dropped in a tip.

what kind of piece of shit are you, regardless of the outcome how does one go "They have a server?! I'm calling the fucking cops"

Good going champ I hope pauline puts you on christmas island
>>
>>55861542
The whole show was suss.
>She goes back to china wanting to stay. and this guy comes out of nowhere and marry s her inside of 4 months. and encourages her to go back to Aus

>He just happens to be programmer
>Hates Australia, even tho it was his idea to go there.
>Keeps to himself
>Tells his wife the SERVER bolted to the roof over their fridge is a WiFi router

If that isn't strange and warrants at least a check in the internet traffic for a short time. What does?

Her story just smacked marriage of convenience.
>>
>>55861542
Note* They had a home WiFi router running. So not like the server was also a router.
>>
>>55861515
Most likely this
>>
>>55861619
>>55861646
I guess if he's really that sketchy it makes sense.

But plenty of people would just tell their missus its a router, they believe anything. I told mine if our router resets it breaks and i have to take ages to 'fix it' cause i was sick of her restarting it without warning me when it runs slow.
>>
>>55861136
>>55861264
How were you conceived if she didn't have children with the guy?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.