[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ripping my DVDs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Since I don't watch them anymore, pretty much going BD only, I am storing them (in a climate controlled place, a finished basement), but first I am ripping the ones I don't have on Blu-ray onto my PLEX server. I have well over 1000 DVDs (TV, Films, Anime, etc) and I was wondering if anyone has any experience in doing this quickly. I am a month in and I am using DVDshrink (without compressing to a DVD5 sized ISO) and Handbrake to get h.264 rips....and it's taking forever. I know it's going to get worse with my TV series since alot of times, the episodes were on one file and split by chapters.

Does anyone have any experience doing this quickly, preferably less than 30 minutes per disc?
>>
Just throw them in the trash where they belong and download a transcode if you ever feel like watching any of them. Fucking hoarders.
>>
>>55854284
Your biggest limiter will be the amount of DVD drives you have connected to the computer, if you add more you can rip faster.
The only way to speed up the conversion is to use a faster processor and to use an SSD to speed I/O operations when ripping multiple DVDs at once.

If you don't want to do all the above you stuck with what you have.
>>
>>55854300
Because that would take much longer with my 3megabit per second DSL for only 4 hours a day, the rest of the day, I'm lucky to get 56k because Frontier Communications fucking blows donkey dicks.
>>
>>55854284
Why the FUCK would you spend so much time and effort and yet not use 265?
>>
>>55854367
I have 2 DVD drives installed, and I am using a mSATA SSD.
>>
>>55854388
I don't think it's worth it to use 256 and Plex doesn't play well with it, in my experience
>>
>>55854414
>I don't think it's worth it to use 256
>Literally 1/2 the size for equal quality
>>
>>55854397
We'll not really sure what else could help you then aside from tuning the encoder settings and a faster proc.
>>
>>55854284
rip the anime
throw away the rest
there, saved you a bunch of time and you got rid of all the garbage in your collection
>>
>>55854460
Dont I need a fairly recent card in my HTPC or my server to view h.265?
>>
>>55854687
Not at all. I'm using an old hand-me-down computer, and it works fine for me using VLC.
>Inb4 "using VLC, pleb."
>>
File: Tech_a990de_5935457.jpg (85KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Tech_a990de_5935457.jpg
85KB, 900x506px
>>55855626
I just did a few encodes, and I don't see a file size difference, but the encode time was tripled...so yea
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.