[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headphones and binaural audio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: hd800smood-100636521-large.jpg (52KB, 580x385px) Image search: [Google]
hd800smood-100636521-large.jpg
52KB, 580x385px
So I won a pair of Sennheiser 800 S headphones and an OPPO HA-2 portable amp/DAC in a giveaway, and I've always just said it was all placebo ricer shit.

/g/ ... I'm sorry. I'm so sorry I doubted you. I had a recent hearing test where I tested as having "Sweep" hearing (every sound frequency in the human aural range, even some I should've lost the ability to hear 5 years ago) so it wasn't that my hearing wasn't very good, I think I just didn't have a decent enough setup. Maybe I needed an amp or DAC before, or maybe I just picked the wrong headphones, but after I hooked everything up it was like hearing with a new pair of ears. I heard things in songs I've listened to hundreds of times the I've never heard before, but what really blew me away was Heather Feather on YouTube. She does these binaural recordings that are crazy with a decent setup.

https://youtu.be/Jp0g-qkvdFQ is a good example. Not shilling my exact setup, use whatever you like, but this video is a special treat. She's a little cringey, but when she "blows in your ear" it creates a bass effect that actually felt like she was really here blowing into my ears gently. I guess it's the vibration creating a gentle airflow or just the sound waves themselves.. Fuck I dunno, but it's insane.

Anyway, does anyone else know of any good binaural shit? Not that stupid torture roleplay or dumb fucking barber shop... Something more interesting
>>
>>55847360
Sennheiser HD 800 S*
>>
>>55847360
https://youtu.be/IUDTlvagjJA
>>
>>55847470
Nigger what the fuck did I say?
>>
>>55847360
>this video is a special treat
The best I have is a pair of Ltd se535's, I'll give it a listen though
>>
Fuck!
Literally opened my eyes for the first time at 11:17 to check how long was left.
"Are you keeping your eyes closed?"
Jesus Heather..
>>
>>55847360
>I've always just said it was all placebo ricer shit.
>placebo
That's usually called expectation bias.
In any case, there's no shortage of bull and nonsense lying around in consumer audio circles.
>after I hooked everything up it was like hearing with a new pair of ears. I heard things in songs I've listened to hundreds of times the I've never heard before
Now you're doing that "placebo" thing yourself, and this is how people justify their garden hose cables to themselves.
You just needed to listen.

>>55847582
Binaural is pretty much headphone only. Crosstalk cancellation to use binaural audio with loudspeakers is still not off the ground.
>>
>>55847360
Nice, whoever set up the giveaway knew their shit since the HA-2 and HD800S are a good combo. I'm using almost the same except SD-modded HD800 and can attest to the binaural effect that actually feels like wind is blowing in your ear.
The only worthwhile binaural music I've found so far is by Yosi Horikawa: https://m.soundcloud.com/yosi-horikawa/bubbles
>>
I fell for the headphone meme and went for an 558 pair. Literally no difference.
My music source is YouTube, music strictly pre-war
>>
>>55847360
Play postal 2
>>
>>55847360
>>55847360

Set up OpenAL soft with HRTF in Windows, put the DLLs in your system folders so it's system wide

Get creative alchemy and install it on any old game that uses EAX.

Delete OpenAL32.dll from the directory of any game that uses it, so thatbhe game instead uses your systems libraries

You now fucking great headphone audio in any game that uses it
>>
This is my reference longplay ASMR, it's got so much things in it that it can cover a lot of needs, including the natural immunity you develop after listening to the same videos over and over again, minus the mouth sounds if you're into them.

Just make an audio rip of it and slap in your mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbAy9MwBR-I
>>
>>55849164
>Non-female asmrtist
Discarded desu senpai
>>
>>55849100
Wow, thanks, I'll have to give this a spin.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.