[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is $150 a worthwhile purchase for the Typeheaven or should I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 8148w8q6p+L._SL1500_.jpg (101KB, 1500x996px) Image search: [Google]
8148w8q6p+L._SL1500_.jpg
101KB, 1500x996px
Is $150 a worthwhile purchase for the Typeheaven or should I just wait and get a Type-S HHKB at $330?

I'm getting tired of typing on an Apple scissor switch keyboard.

I'm going to switch over to the cheapo K-120 keyboard for now just so I don't get bored.
>>
Shameless self bump.
>>
Self-bumping again.
>>
Honestly what is the HHKB meme? I use Topre switches too (Realforce 88UB) and they're nice but I have a hard time imagining the HHKB being worth twice the price just because of the layout.
>>
>>55844804
It's not just the layout, there are subtle differences in the way the keys feel as compared to the realforce. I'm not sure how to describe it since I don't own the keyboards (only used them from coworkers).

Why get the 88UB though? The keys aren't even weighted across the board? Isn't that the main draw of the realforce over the Typeheaven or the HHKB?
>>
>>55844840
>The keys aren't even weighted across the board
Mine has variable weight switches.
>>
>>55844862
Really? Every 88UB I see has 45g across all keys. Are you sure?
>>
>>55844893
Yeah, mix of 45 and 33g. Bought if from the largest Finnish online retailer of electronics (verkkokauppa.com) in 2012. Don't they make it in variable weight anymore then?
>>
>>55844955
It's only the full sized keyboard that I see with variable weights.
>>
>>55844893
In Japan the cheapest realforce is variable last I checked.
>>
>>55844981
Hmmm, now you're making me a bit paranoid. I think I'm definitely feeling a slight difference in weight around the edges but you're making me think it might be just placebo. Anyway, here's the product description:

http://arvostelut.verkkokauppa.com/3673-fi_fi/128134/topre-topre-realforce-88-ub-black-langallinen-nappaimisto-suomenkielinen-nappainasettelu-usb-reviews/reviews.htm?sort=rating

Machine translation is a bit dodgy but in Finnish it very specifically says "Pressing force of 45g and 33g on SOME keys". Maybe they marked it wrong.
>>
File: 2016-07-31_0017.png (106KB, 1031x606px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-31_0017.png
106KB, 1031x606px
>>55845024
Nope. I'm wrong.

There are 87UB layouts that have variable weights.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.