[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ebooks on tablet vs ereader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Amazon-Kindle-31[1].jpg (45KB, 400x414px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon-Kindle-31[1].jpg
45KB, 400x414px
Anybody here read ebooks on a tablet or ereader?

Which is better?
>>
>>55841057
eReader
>>
I read them on a tablet.
Works fine.
Better if you like comic books
>>
it really depends. if you're reading books - just text, that sort of thing - then ereaders are really well-suited to it.

if you're reading lots of PDFs - like academic papers and whatnot - then the conversion becomes somewhat gnarly, and color graphics (if/when you encounter any) become really awful.

for my money, i went with an ereader sized tablet. some people complain that you can get too easily distracted by netflix and whatnot with it, but you can also just not install that shit. it's crippling your device somewhat by not really using a tablet for all its potential, but your reading experience will generally be better than on an ereader (again, assuming you're looking at stuff where layout was already determined (e.g. 2 columns, figures in specific places, anything involving latex really) and color/animated stuff.
>>
>>55841057
Tablets are great if you want shit in color, like comic books. Some ereaders are good for Manga, like the Paper white. If you're just reading books, then try to get a cheap ereader with a backlight.
>>
>>55841495
This.

I use my cheap Chinese tablet for books and mango, nothing else.
>>
>>55841504
You mean front light.
>>
Tablet is better. You can use a tablet for a lot of shit, especially if you get one that supports 4G or something.

Only thing that an eReader really has better is battery life, but who cares, a tablet can get you through the day.
>>
>>55841495
pretty much this. The grayscale ereader screens are really nice on your eyes and feel just like reading a book, but if you like comics or graphic novels then a tablet is the way to go.
>>
>>55841495

>>55841495
>PDFs - like academic papers and whatnot - then the conversion becomes somewhat gnarly, and color graphics (if/when you encounter any) become really awful.

That's what I feared, thanks for the heads up
>>
>>55841057

I bought an eReader like 4 months ago, Im really enjoying it. I almost dont stay home so its long life battery and its screen that dont reflex as much make my life easier
>>
An e-ink display is much better than any LCD for any kind of reading.
>>
If u only want read book, ereader is the best choise, if u need read pdf, docs, and other types of documents u need a tablet, but ereader always is better for read in subway, bus, at the park, and they are very light
>>
>>55841504
The problem with eReaders or smaller (i.e. 7") tablets is that the screen is too small for comics and often the resolution isn't great.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.