[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fag/ - Friendly Apple General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 17

File: MacBook.jpg (616KB, 2200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
MacBook.jpg
616KB, 2200x2000px
Thread for all things Apple

Anyone get any good apps lately?
>>
>>55831249
>/fag/
TOP KEK
>>
New Macbook Pro when?
>>
>Anyone get any good apps lately?
spoken like a true pretender
>>
>>55831823
This. Will it be here before the new iphones?
>>
>>55832473
When you stop sucking black cocks (never)
>>
Haha /fag/!
Because apple is gay!
Get it?
What a funny joke!
Holy shit apple sheep fanboys BTFO!
>>
Alright /g/, 2 years ago I ended my relationship with my ex and literally became a isolated NEET, shitposting on /g/ all day and night, barely getting passing grades on university, didn't even kiss any girl all that years.
A year ago I made the best decision in my life, and bought a 15 inch Retina MacBook Pro®. That's when my life started changing.
With the Mac I really got into iOS development, it's really fun and easy, I started learning Swift and it's simply great, everything just works, and my self-steem started increasing exponentially.

One day, I was at StarBucks developing an iOS App, and a qt girl talked to me. She asked "are you gay"? I said "no". Then we kissed.
The next week I met with her at the mall and we watched Mowgli, it was really fun, I kissed her at the end.
Then she said she's studying to enter a CS university, her dream is to become a game developer. That moment I realized I finally found the woman of my life, she's my 3D waifu, and she's the girl I want to pregnate.

All of that thanks to Apple's great piece of engendering, the MacBook® really changed my life. Thanks Apple!
>>
>>55832487
how new are you?
>>
File: 1466634305041.jpg (112KB, 800x739px) Image search: [Google]
1466634305041.jpg
112KB, 800x739px
>>55832487
>Butthurt applefag upset that he gets called a faggot for using OS X.
>>
>>55832550
asuka a shit
>>
>>55832625
Congrats you understood the show
>>
>>55831823
>>55832424

normies buying iphones make them more money than normies buying macs. follow the money.

so no, they're coming end of october.
>>
>>>/reddit/
>>
>shopping for a laptop to serve as a compliment to my desktop
>don't want dedicated graphics or any GAYMUR shit because my desktop already does it better without sterilizing me
>options are cheap shit that's worse than my current set up of Chromebook with a full BIOS and Chinkpad X61T, mid-range shit that makes enough compromises to break the dead, and high-range shit that's so expensive it costs about the same as a Mac for the same parts but with Windows (and likely absolutely SHIT Linux support)

I think I've given up on trying to say that any one OS or platform is the best, because it's clear to me now that it's not as simple as poorfags on /g/ make it out to be.
>>
>>55832519
3.5/10 - Lame copypasta.
>>
>>55831249
>/fag/
TOP KEK
>>
Sierra Beta 3 when?
>>
anything good for Djvu files?
>>
>>55832550
I want to marry Asuka
>>
I'm really loving the iPhone + MBP workflow. My 6+ is almost dead though. No headphone jack on the 7 so I might have to switch to an android.

This gonna fuck up my beautiful syncing process?

I can use Dropbox for photos/video but I don't know about calendar and notes.
>>
>>55834359
shows how little you know, fag

It's my instagram setup
>>
>>55834338
>calendar and notes
Google.

Though it won't ever get close; I am coming from another direction and even with crap like pushbullet Android could never get close to continuity, which further expands now with iOS 10/Sierra.

The fuck you need a headphone jack so much?
>>
>>55834408
aux jack for cars

Nice headphones that I already own

Aux jack for speakers at office

>inb4 carrying around that stupid fucking adapter everywhere.
>>
>>55834338
OneDrive
>>
>>55834446
Yeah, carrying around an adapter sounds annoying ... though so is lagdroid. Lose - lose, man.

Also Google Photos > Dropbox for photos/videos
>>
>>55834509
>onedrive
>>
>>55834556
yup
>>
>>55833075
get the asus ux305
>>
>>55833075
>x series
>chinkpad
>>
My Facebook notifications used to show me a preview of every message I received. Now they only tell me I have a new notification, but nothing else. Anyones else having this problem?
>>
So i got an hackintosh working. How do you install development stuff?
On linux i just sudo apt install whatever i need and the ide takes care of everything else.
I tried brew but when i compile it can't find the header files, even if theu are actually on my pc
>>
>>55834338
If you use Google services and Chrome I don't think you'll miss the syncing.
>>
>>55835835
use the appstore or download .dmgs directly
>>
For the last few months the App Store hasn't been letting me install Xcode, it just gives me 403 errors. Any idea what's up? It keeps fucking up Homebrew formulae
>>
>>55832519
>pregnate
u fuqqed up lulz
>>
>>55834338
Continuity and Handoff between iOS and OS X is comfy as fuck.
If you need that headphone jack, get the 6S when the 7 comes out
>>
>>55831249
>/fag/
TOP KEK
>>
just swapped my x220 for a nice mbp retina 13 and i even found a fucktard paying 340€ for the memepad
>>
Got my GFs old core 2 duo macbook and need a new battery. Bought one off Amazon for £19 and it lasts maybe an hour. Is there somewhere I can still buy a half decent one or do I have to chose between the one I have now and a £80 original?
>>
>>55838057
never buy cheap ... now will effectively spend £99
>>
>>55838057
Sounds like you were just unlucky. The only time I've ever bought an off brand battery for an Apple laptop it gave similar battery life to a legit Apple battery, and mine was only $15 or so.
>>
>>55831815
Sure is summer
>>
File: medium.jpg (8KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
8KB, 64x64px
>>55831249
>/fag/
>Friendly Apple General
Never change, /g/.
>>
>>55831249
Apple developer phone with open bootloader and rw system partition when? Jailbroken iOS is god tier. I want you shills to have your boss email Cupertino and tell them that I'll pay double for an iPhone without bullshit restrictions.
>>
>>55838232
As with most chink shit I saw a lot of variation in the ratings but there wasn't a lot of choice given its age.

It's more than enough to shitpost on and ssh, it's mostly hooked up anyway.
>>
File: cookcnn.jpg (49KB, 700x364px) Image search: [Google]
cookcnn.jpg
49KB, 700x364px
>>55832487
It's no joke.
>>
>>55838315
>Jailbroken iOS is god tier.
What for? Does it run smoother? Allow you to do something awesome you can't do now?

Coming from rooted Android, I have yet to notice significant differences in user freedom, which would affect me.
>>
>>55838397
>What for
It's the only way you can make iOS usable.

>>55838415
But iOS was shit till iOS 7 came out.
>>
>>55838397
>Coming from rooted Android, I have yet to notice significant differences in user freedom, which would affect me.

So why the fuck did you root? Do you know what rooting is? All it is is full user privileges. You sound like you expected a fucking unicorn.
>>
>>55838462
No, that'd be BB10OS.
>>
>>55838458
For the pure keks of course. Also some app affecting clock speed and voltage needed it.

>You sound like you expected a fucking unicorn.
Not at all, though all the jailbreak hype certainly suggest that THAT will give one. Isn't it just about being able to rice and pirate apps?
>>
I got a late 2010 mba from my dad when he upgraded to the latest mba recently, but the glass covering the trqckpad is fucked. Is it possible for me to somehow get an official apple spare part without paying out of my ass so i could fix it? I need a laptop for school and this thing is miles better than my current acer shitbook.
>>
>>55838551
>BB10OS is older than iOS 6
How retarded are you? The last iOS 6 update came out in early 2014, the latest BB10OS update was a few months ago. Hell, BB10OS wasn't even a thing when iOS 6 came out.
>>
>>55838531
Depends on the user. I can get more or less full control over wakelocks, debloat, adaway and some proxy software.
>>
>>55838593
have you tried to type in "apple spares" into the google search box ?
>>
got a second hand iphone 6 for close to nothing, but the battery life is abyssmal
already changed the battery with no effect
>constant drain even in standby
>slow charging
>phone won't turn on when plugged in without battery
>some heat in top-right part of the back of the phone

am i correctly thinking that it's the U2 IC chip?
replacing it is pretty cheap but i'd like to be sure that's the thing i need to get fixed
>>
>>55838397
The package manager Cydia is the best. It allows you to install so many tweaks and themes so quickly and easily. If you like Xposed you'll love Cydia. You can get cool applications from it like Springtomize, Winterboard, and Cylinder.

My favorites:

>Springtomize
Customize your home screen and lock screen in almost any way. It's like a launcher but it runs deeper and can do a lot more.

>Winterboard
You can apply icon and system themes by tapping one from a list of what you have installed. It's been around since 2008.

>Cylinder
>Custom home screen paging animations as well as lock and unlock animations.

>Eclipse
Basically enables system wide dark mode. Much better on your eyes at night than nightshift IMO. You can also get additional tweaks to put an on/off toggle for this in the control center.

Those are just a few of my favorites. There are thousands of packages to choose from and hundreds of sources to add. Pic related is several tweaks working together. Winterboard was used to change my icons. Cylinder for the cube animation. Springtomize got rid of the dock.

>>55838415
I still have my iPhone 4 and all of my iOS 4-7 SHSH blobs. I can downgrade whenever I want. I do it once a month or so just for the nostalgia.
>>
All things apple are for /fag/ s
>>
File: 20160730_180043-1.jpg (4MB, 1575x3175px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_180043-1.jpg
4MB, 1575x3175px
>>55838829
Forgot pic like a retard.
>>
>>55838846
Sure is summer
>>
>>55838846
wao so epik lulz burn! xD
>>
>>55838850
>picture of the screen

/fag/
>>
>>55831823
according to some chinese dude its going to release Q4
>>
>>55838944
I can't take a screenshot of the animations. It'll go back to my first home page. Go be a stupid fuck somewhere else.
>>
>>55838944
you DO realise that swiping the screen while pressing both the power button and home button would be pretty difficult for someone with less than 3 hands, right?
>>
newmacfag here
is there a way to "crack/hack" wifi?
>>
>>55838999
aircrack-ng
>>
>>55838850
jesus that looks awful
>>
Get out /fag/s
>>
>>55839106
Why? You'll be back in middle school in a month anyway.
>>
File: 330px-Mac_mini_mid2010_back.jpg (15KB, 330x230px) Image search: [Google]
330px-Mac_mini_mid2010_back.jpg
15KB, 330x230px
What are your opinions on the Mac Mini? What model is the best? I heard the new ones have soldered RAM?
>>
>>55839183
>What are your opinions on the Mac Mini?
They're decent machines
>What model is the best?
1.5GHz Mac Mini G4
>I heard the new ones have soldered RAM?
Yup, iirc only storage is upgradeable.
>>
>>55838829
So it basically allows the same level of customisazion as lagdroid, I guess it's cool if you want to spend the time adjusting all that, personally I doubt I could be assed. Does the stuff affect the performance?

>Much better on your eyes at night than nightshift
Nightshift is probably the most useless gimmick they added; though I never needed it either, automatic brightness was always sufficient, although it's certainly not as cool as what you could do with an AMOLED screen.

>>55839183
Kinda interested in one but not enough to justify the price ... yet. Guess they are cool for people who don't need much power and can't be assed with Hackintosh.
>>
>>55839183
the mac mini seems like a decent way to get into os x, but the prices have gone up and the upgradability has gone down, so it's a lot less compelling than it used to be.

if the small footprint isn't a huge feature for you, i would *very* strongly recommend building a hackintosh instead. i have a rMBP and a hackintosh and stability is in the same ballpark between the two. the key is to buy your hardware with running os x in mind from the outset. buy whatever tonymacosx (or whatever it's called) recommends. don't go off the reservation buying unsupported hardware unless you want to tinker with shit forever.

a lot of people on /g/ seem to complain about how buggy it is to run os x but then it comes out that they've done things like buy AMD CPUs and whatnot. just buy whatever's recommended on the tonymacosx site or whatever and you'll be fine. i seriously, seriously doubt that you'll end up spending more than 10% more than you would've if you had purely followed logical increments (although if someone really wants, i can pick an arbitrary price point and see how much divergence there really is).

my hackintosh has been running great, drives a couple of 4k monitors without any complaints, and serves a fuckton of content for me as a network storage device. my only regret was not getting a more cube-like case that i could fit in smaller places (like pic related), but i suspect with all the hard drives i have i'd be pretty limited either way.
>>
File: benin.png (227KB, 1165x900px) Image search: [Google]
benin.png
227KB, 1165x900px
>>55839045
Thanks.

>>55839254
Basically the same level of customization as Android except it's a lot more user friendly. I've noticed that Xposed is limited in what it offers. Cydia truly has everything, no matter how small or stupid. That's what makes it great in my opinion. Performance can be enhanced with tweaks like speed intensifier. I have it installed. iOS devices are actually quite powerful and capable little machines. Apple makes them slow and shitty with a lot of heavy and useless animations which can be sped up or turned off.
>nightshift
>gimmick
Also theft. Apple never credited the original developer of f.lux which was a tweak that came out around iOS 3. Nightshift is literally a renamed version of it with a CC toggle.
>>
Why is it that ever since i bought a macbook people at my university look at me with disgust ?
For the record I`m studying CS. Are they jelly ?
>>
>>55838397
>Coming from rooted Android, I have yet to notice significant differences in user freedom, which would affect me.

Speaking as an Android user with a rooted phone, yeah, you're right. Unless you're obsessed with using your phone as portable mass storage, you won't be missing out on anything with an iPhone. iPhones don't throw nearly as much unremovable bloatware at you as most Android phone makers do, nor are they so aggressive with including advertisements on their devices that make you feel like you have to root it to stop that absurd shit.
>>
>>55839553
>Scenario 1
It's all in your head. You're self conscious and they don't give a fuck about you or your Mac.

>Scenario 2
You're a stereotypical fat /g/ neckbeard who showers every 3 days and mumbles install gentoo under his breath and is surprised when people are repulsed by his shit attitude and body odor.
>>
>>55839553
mac is probably the best thing to get if you're at university
>>
>>55839642
> /fit and /fa but also robot ... so i guess it`s 1 ?
>>55839715
I know but everybody uses shitty old memepads or cheap acer shit except for university staff (they all use macs)
>>
>>55839465
>Apple makes them slow and shitty with a lot of heavy and useless animations which can be sped up or turned off.
Well, the slow animations are probably there to make sure to hide eventual hiccups, though guess the newer A9 devices could profit from disabling them. Not too happy with iOS 10 design so might give jailbreaking a try in the future.

If Cydia is so easy and simple; why doesn't Apple just include the shit already? Something like a Pro mode to newbies won't get scared off but more advanced users can adjust their device more to their liking without voiding warranty and coming closer to piracy, sounds like a win-win.

As for nightshift, didn't they buy f.lux? Just stealing the idea without even giving credit for "inspiration" to the original devs is fucking pathetic, something Steve would certainly approve off though. Not using it feels better now.

>>55839584
Yeah, pretty much. Specially Samsung is fucking horrible at it, and got progressively worse over time too. Though as yuropoor at least I never had to deal with all the additional carrier bloat, why is Apple the only company in US of A standing up against the madness to molest phones?
>>
>>55839828
>slow animations are probably there to make sure to hide eventual hiccups, though guess the newer A9 devices could profit from disabling them
Even with an A4 disabling animations simply meant a more fluent and less painful experience.
>>
>>55839828
I have a total of 7 iOS devices right now. I have an iPhone 3G, 4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6 and an iPod touch 6. The first 4 are 32-bit and are slow pieces of shit regardless of animation speeds. The other 3 are 64-bit and include A7 and A8 SoCs in them. They're incredibly powerful and turning the animations off makes a whole world of difference. I highly recommend jailbreaking if you're using iOS.

>why doesn't Apple include it
Because Apple likes control. Jailbreaking gives the user complete control over their system partition and this allows for root access. Tools like OpenSSH and mTerminal are must haves for the tech savvy. Jailbreaking makes it easier to pirate straight from your device. You can still pirate apps using simple tools like Cydia Impactor that can sign IPAs and load them to your device. In simpler words Apple is run by greedy fucktards.

>didn't they buy f.lux
You're implying that a company worth over a trillion dollars wouldn't step on a hard working dev just to get their hands on some shit tier marketing gimmick? Lol man. No. They'll do whatever they want.

All real innovation in iOS comes from the jailbreak community. Examples:

F.lux - jailbreak tweak since iOS 3 or 4 was stolen without giving credit to the dev and renamed nightshift

Switcher Cards - Showed a snapshot of the open application along with its icon. This tweak came out around iOS 5 and has been a standard part of iOS since 7.

Installer - The package manager included in the very first jailbreaks. The layout and design was stolen and used in iTunes and the AppStore.

Touch ID - There used to be a tweak where you could hold the home button to unlock your phone. The code used to trigger Touch ID and bypass the lock screen looks very similar. I had explored this myself comparing this tweak to a jailbroken 5s back in 2013.

>TLDR Apple is run by greedy jews who have no original ideas so they steal from the artists and creators without giving them a single mention for their work
>>
Can't wait until the 7 releases so I can finally ditch the 6P. Really missing the integration and the Android app quality on even Google's own apps is a big letdown. The software and the phone itself just feel so unrefined in comparison to what I was used to with the iPhone. Headphone output is also noticeably downgraded; assuming they cheaped out on the DAC in the 6P.
>>
>>55840189
>Apple is run by greedy jews who have no original ideas so they steal from the artists and creators without giving them a single mention for their work
That's usually given but still pretty sad, specially if it happens in such an blatant way and they can't even be assed to give the original devs at least some credit.

Gotta respect the passion of the open sores community to keep innovating while getting buttfucked.
>>
>>55840594
Supply and demand. If open source devs were really so butthurt about their projects getting stolen they wouldn't keep developing and innovating. If Apple can take ideas and dev's keep doing their thing I don't blame them.
>>
File: El-Capitan-Hackintosh-main2.png (118KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
El-Capitan-Hackintosh-main2.png
118KB, 600x347px
Should I build a Hackintosh? I still have a few old MacBooks laying around from ~2007 to 2011, and I'm still a big fan of OSX but I'm not made of money so I can't quite afford a Mac Pro or an iMac. Currently I'm running Arch but I'm getting sick of the lack of software ubiquity even though I will never go back to Windows.
>>
File: Apple-Logo-rainbow.png (76KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
Apple-Logo-rainbow.png
76KB, 2272x1704px
I've been building computers since I was 10, and was a windows system admin for 8 years at a state university. I have in-depth knowledge of windows, PC hardware, servers, networks, and video conferencing equipment. I also shifted my focus to algorithm asymptotic analysis, and software engineering, as well as electronics and embedded systems.

For the last 3 years, my daily computer has been a Macbook Pro with Retina Display. This is literally the best computer you can buy (not build), but the build quality is so good you can't do any better without machining your own chassis from a solid block of aluminum. OSX is the comfiest OS for desktop/laptop.

I use netBSD for my embedded stuff, and FreeBSD for servers, and OSX (the RHEL of BSD) on my laptop.

I'm basically untouchable. I've yet to run into anyone in the passed 5 years who knows more about computers than me who tries to tell me Windows is the superior platform because I have multiple objective, subjective, inductive, theoretical, pedagogical, philosophical, and mathematical reasons for why they are wrong and I am right.

t. Representing the work of Alan Turing.
>>
>>55840904
Look at /g/.
>>
>>55840717
>I can't quite afford a Mac Pro or an iMac.
Buy second-hand or refurb.
A hackintosh is a project that may never end. A hobby. Apple takes no action to stop hobbyists building hackintoshes but that's because it's not for the average "system builder" card-jockey.
>>
>>55840806
There are going to be newfags reading this provocative drivel who will believe the poster isn't a troll.
Pretending to be an insufferable Mac fag just to enrage the aspies.
Not really subtle at all.
>>
File: 1447445867409.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447445867409.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>55840806
Then why would you settle for locked down system with the most horrible filesystem in it? I'm calling bullshit.
>>
>>55841190
Apple completely rewrote the filesystem from scratch for Sierra and iOS10.
>>
File: hackey.png (172KB, 1396x932px) Image search: [Google]
hackey.png
172KB, 1396x932px
>>55841116
>A hackintosh is a project that may never end.
i have to disagree. there's a marginal amount of extra work that you have to do at the outset, but my hunch is that if you're on /g/ you're probably capable of doing it.

There are occasionally hiccups when you install a major update, but the hackintosh community is getting better at dealing with it with each iteration, to the point that getting things up and running with an existing build is trivial now (if it takes me longer than 30 minutes from wiped disk to dotfiles repo cloned, something is wrong).

That being said, price out the difference; if you want to make upgrades, figure out how important that is to you. for me, it was quite important. for instance, i don't think any refurbished mac hardware would drive 4k monitors comfortably, and since that's the future of monitors (high pixel density, meaning 4k and 5k displays in 23-28" bodies), i wanted something that would accommodate that.
>>
>>55841228
The biggest issue as far as I've been able to tell is that there's no easy way to get a working install disc that isn't some potentially malware-laden shit if you don't have a Mac already.
>>
>>55841228
>my hunch is that if you're on /g/ you're probably capable of doing it
>>
>>55841225
Took them long enough, also I don't think anyone is using it yet so it doesn't really affect this conversation. It's just a sidenote.
>>
>>55841225
No they didn't, the new filesystem comes next year.
>>
>>55841255
1) that's not that complicated; you must have someone in your social network that has a mac.

2) if not, then if you can find someone online whom you trust, you can ask them to give you an MD5/SHA-1 hash of the thing you're downloading from the source. if the numbers match, then you're good.

but OS X doesn't require a lot of subterfuge to download (the way Windows has in the past, for instance), so finding reputable downloads shouldn't be a problem unless you have fundamental trust issues that would even make ssl problematic to you. at some point, you just have to put some trust in the process.
>>
>>55841404
by all accounts it's a way better file system than NTFS, for instance.
>>
>>55835835

installed xcode yet?
>>
>>55839183

> I heard the new ones have soldered RAM?

correct.

> What are your opinions on the Mac Mini?
> What model is the best?

i have one as a torrent box, but i'm not sure that i will replace it with another one. last bumped in october 2014, plus soldered RAM and a 5400 RPM HDD make it an unattractive purchase.
>>
>>55841116
>A hackintosh is a project that may never end. A hobby. Apple takes no action to stop hobbyists building hackintoshes but that's because it's not for the average "system builder" card-jockey.

apple also don't bother to bump the mac pro, so their ignorance of their desktop (and laptop) lines encourage the behaviour of some.
>>
>>55841412

improvements but some holes:

http://dtrace.org/blogs/ahl/2016/06/19/apfs-part6/#apfs-conclusion, specifically http://dtrace.org/blogs/ahl/2016/06/19/apfs-part5/
>>
>>55841395
I know exactly one person with a Mac. I've asked them before about helping me make an installer USB. They refuse, stating that if I want a Mac, I should go buy one.

>OS X doesn't require a lot of subterfuge to download (the way Windows has in the past, for instance)
MS has directly offered clean Windows ISOs through their digital river site since Windows 7. There is no such equivalent for OS X. The Mac App Store does not count because it's platform locked.
>>
>>55842213
virtual machine. also there's some Windows program that will dump the installer to a USB drive. I used it to install Snow Leopard the first time.
>>
>>55842213
>They refuse, stating that if I want a Mac, I should go buy one.
kek. Apple has really brainwashed them.
>>
>>55842213
>They refuse, stating that if I want a Mac, I should go buy one.
Jesus lol, what a gigantic faggot.

Reminds me a bit of a rich kid from HS who didn't want me to lend vidya he didn't play for years because "I would crack it"
>>
>>55842381
Good move on his part.
>>
>>55832473
chill
>>
>>55835693
give an example?
>>
>>55838387
and where exactly do I get this wonderful script?
>>
>>55842525
why not provide the source, anon?
>>
>>55842525
"Reported Unwanted Software Page!

This web page at ovrload.ru has been reported to contain unwanted software and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Unwanted software pages try to install software that can be deceptive and affect your system in unexpected ways."
>>
>/fag/
LMAOOOO
>>
>>55842525
>.ru
>>
File: 1443645993205.jpg (33KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1443645993205.jpg
33KB, 500x281px
>>55831249
>>
>>55840594
Yes. It's truly amazing what people accomplish when working together for the good of a community rather than to fill their pockets. There are some genuinely talented hackers and devs out there.

>>55840653
See above.
>>
>>55842213

can you make an installer from linux? you can can definitely mount hfs+ drives in rw mode.
>>
I'm still on Yosemite, but like, I have Mid 2015 Macbook Pro 15 Inch with Retina display, and I wanna update the OS to Sierra when it comes out, will it even be worth my time, or should I stick with good ol Yosemite?
>>
>>55843127

given apple's questionable security policies, i have no idea why you aren't running the latest and greatest.
>>
magsafe power adapaters are shit

i hope apple gets sued
>>
>>55843127
Is there a reason you didn't upgrade to Le Capitan?

I like Sierra so far (besides the bugs with LibreOffice) but the changes are pretty small. If you don't care about Siri, the thing you might notice most are tabs in build in programs and faster animation when switching between desktops. (It's actually fucking nice and a bigger deal than it sounds like)
>>
hi /fag/s
should I get an iPad Pro 9.7 now that the prices tanked in the market thanks to bestbuy? I'm currently using an Air 1st gen, but my main gripe is the fucking ram and browsing through safari
I'm however a bit goncerned that 2GBs will be in the same situation in 2 years (the iphone recently got 2GB tho, so I'd expect it to last a bit). I can get a new 9.7 32GB for $420 now
>>
>>55844268
I think the chip in iPad Pro is the bestest ARM chip ever but yeah 2GB might be an issue. At that price range you can find x86 tablets with better specs probably.
>>
>>55844268
2GB isn't much better on the Pro 9.7.
I got one to replace my Mini 2, but the difference is so small that it didn't matter. It could keep 2 more tabs in memory before needing a refresh.
Quickest device for me to return, had the Pro 9.7 for a total of 2 days, what a gigantic disappointment.
>>
>>55842381
that's an entirely different concern. if he's afraid you're going to break the disc then he probably thought you were like lennie from Of Mice and Men. >>55842213's friend is just being a fucking faggot.

as for >>55842213, i'm really sorry to hear that. you should be able to spin up a VM or something and download from there, but it would be a lot simpler if you made the tiniest leap of faith that several dozen or hundred or thousand people confirming that the md5/sha-1 hashes check out are all being legit. true, it's possible that there's a massive conspiracy or it's all sock-puppets, but the chances are sufficiently low (in part because of the ease of getting a genuine copy for most people) that i think it's incredibly unlikely.

if you get struck by lightning and win the lottery while you're torrenting it, then maybe you have crazypants luck, but otherwise trust in the laws of statistics and probabilities.
>>
>>55844281
>At that price range you can find x86 tablets with better specs probably
Yeah, I'm very well used to the iPad at this point... so I'm kinda screwed in that sense.
If there's a x86 tablet that has the same speed and battery life balance at that price then pls tell me senpai.
>>55844297
Whoa, fuck. Really? That sucks. Kinda feared that though.
I felt a huge difference in tab refresh frequency when I dumped the 6+ and went for the 6s+ but I don't browse or shitpost nowhere near as much as on the iPad. It's my designated 4chan machine.
>>
>>55844028
what package manager are you using with sierra? i tried it on one of my laptops and homebrew just threw in the towel - virtually everything was broken. i considered switching to macports just for that one machine, but i didn't see any indication about how that works on sierra.

the homebrew devs have been very clear (and at times a little churlish) about not discussing or supporting beta versions of os x (go search for "beta" in their github issues), but they've always had the necessary fixes in place almost as soon as the GM came out, so i figure it'll get sorted out when it's no longer a beta.
>>
>>55844330

>>55844297
To expand on it a bit more, the speakers aren't very good because of how thin it is, it's barely better than the speakers on my Mini 2. The stereo separation is really poor in landscape mode and almost non-existant in portrait mode.
The screen has the same resolution and dpi as earlier iPads and color quality is only a tiny bit better.
The pen is different, I'll just say that, some people love it while I find it more annoying to use than Wacom and Ntrig Windows Tablet Pens.
But for apps and shit, it's functionally not much different than the older iPads. A7 on the Mini 2/Air 1 is already pretty damn powerful, the Pro 9.7 lags in the exact same areas as my Mini 2, which could mean that there are optimization issues in iOS that more processing power doesn't fix.
>>
>>55844330
Also, usually iPhones default to mobile sites so having 2x the RAM makes a big difference. Desktop sites need a lot more memory and 2GB still isn't enough to make the iPad a pleasurable experience. It does OK for 4chan tabs but for almost any other site, you'll run into reload issues real quick.
>>
File: 1462053741270.jpg (55KB, 391x391px) Image search: [Google]
1462053741270.jpg
55KB, 391x391px
>>55844361
>>55844391
Thanks mate, appreciate the thorough feedback.
Saved me the trouble and the shekels.
>>
>>55844339
Using homebrew too, or rather "having" it. Didn't bother to even open it yet since I expect it to be broken. Screenfetch works so there is that.

Did you try with the first or second public beta?
>>
>>55844297

so the ipad pro 12.9" is the one to buy?
>>
>>55841190
one of the ZFS developers said HFS+ is actually pretty good, and it is. There's no need to replace it, but apple just did it anyway.

APFS is basically ZFS, and ZFS is objectively the best file system ever made
>>
>>55845029
Too big for an iPad.
Only get one if you are doing design/illustration work on it and you absolutely despise Windows to not use a Surface Pro.
Otherwise just stick with iPad Mini or Air.
>>
File: 1469422447339.jpg (3MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
1469422447339.jpg
3MB, 3120x4160px
Are there going to be any Macbooks coming out in the next year or so that will be decent enough to use as a gaming laptop?
>>
>/fag/
>>
hehe /fag/
>>
>>55845954
Never.
If you want a practical gaming laptop. The Alienware 15 is the only way to go, 13 hours battery life with Optimus enabled for when you're dicking around the internet, CPU can be overclocked to levels similar to a desktop 6700K @ 4.3GHz without too much trouble, GTX 980M, 4K IGZO Display, SSD + HDD, similar size and weight to the older MBP 15.
>>
>>55838376
Would rather have a gay ceo than a pajeet
>>
>>55846326
>Alienware
If I wanted that kind of gaudy, late-2000s aesthetic, I wouldn't be looking at Macbooks.
>>
>>55832519

This never happened to me. But I still love my Macbook pro and iPad and iPhone.
>>
>>55841116

I have to agree with second hand. I run a mid 2012 MBP (i7) and it runs El Captain plus Photoshop and illustrator all day long, and is smooth and silk, and faster than my similarly speced HP. I did upgrade the ram though.

I've yet to find a reason to upgrade.
>>
>/fag/
TOPKEK
Also, /fag/s, get a PC
>>
>>55847042
why?
>>
>>55847042
>not realizing a mac is a pc
Why not both a Mac and something like a Thinkpad for Linux? Some of us aren't poor. I currently have 3 laptops. 2 are macs and I paid less than $1500 for all that and accessories. Just buy lightly used on ebay you fucking cunt.
>>
I can recommend Little Snitch to everybody here. Easy to use software firewall that can block any application from accessing the internet.
>>
>>55841228
>There are occasionally hiccups when you install a major update
I dunno man, I've been updating since the release of Le Clapistan up til this moment (i'm on 10.11.6) and had no issues whatsoever.
It's also my first hackintosh experience and the PC wasn't built specifically for that purpose. You just gotta educate yourself.
>>
Should I get a Macbook Pro now or wait for the new ones to come out?
>>
>>55847042
>get a PC
I've got a bunch. I'm using an Apple one right now.
>>
>>55847957
Da million dollar question
>>
http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/23/will-ios-9-slow-down-my-phone/

Reeeee
>>
Is there any text editor for programming that people in Macs mainly use? Or is it just the usuals like Sublime, vim?
>>
>>55844028
I was in college at the time, (taking digital media design, they require you to get a Macbook Pro for this course unironically...) They said not to update to El Capitan until specified, due to software compatibilities. I use software such as the Adobe Creative Suite, and of course text editors for web development (example : Brackets) I'm given the good to go to upgrade to El Capitan, but am still unsure. I might as well, right?
>>
Can I pirate iWork on a Hackintosh?
>>
>>55849909
Why wouldn't you be able to?
>>
File: 1454860848163.gif (307KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
1454860848163.gif
307KB, 300x199px
>>55831249
>/fag/
>>
What the fuck is this?

>can't even REEEE
>>
I love the concept of /fag/ central so much I almost wish I had an Apple device to talk about. And I'm not even a literal homeopathic maniac.
>>
>>55849930
I'm just not sure if it's possible. App Store software is more fiddly about DRM.
>>
What gestures am I not using that I should be?
>>
I made a USB drive with El Capitan but it doesn't want to boot.
I get a loading screen and then a forbidden sign
>>
>>55850214
Are you following a Hackintosh guide?
>>
>>55850239
Yes, the same machine runs Yosemite just fine.
>>
>>55850205
Just the opposite. Besides, the shit is free for everybody who bought a macbook since 2013 or so. No reason to put any effort in protecting it.

>>55850208
3 finger swipe maybe?
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.