[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Win10 forced me to upgarde

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: lol meme1.jpg (214KB, 694x448px) Image search: [Google]
lol meme1.jpg
214KB, 694x448px
how many you also caved in and upgraded?
>>
just did it a few min ago, gonna cry under the shower for a few hours now.. later
>>
i just did. my laptop isnt much powerful (i3 mobile, 3gb ram) but it feels like clunky in Chrome

is this problem to anyone

also how to disable that telemetry stuff
>>
luckily i can get windows 10 for free from my university, so i will just wait and see what microsoft is up to once the free upgrade time is over.
>>
I persevered and kept Win7. I've been avoiding all the bad updates since this mess began, so I didn't get any nags, but I do wonder if it will keep bugging people now that the free update period is over.
>>
>>55829213
i did
then i installed windows 10 anti spy beacon so MShit can't get my precious ceepee data
>>
>>55829277
>>55829213
Daily reminder for win10 threads

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.
>>
tfw /g/ got overrun by normie retards who don't know how to use a computer
>>
File: 1394680498143.png (263KB, 546x536px) Image search: [Google]
1394680498143.png
263KB, 546x536px
>http://wordpress.venturi.de/?p=1#more-1

>http://www.classicshell.net/

>http://winaero.com/download.php?view.1796

You'll want these.
This fixes everything wrong with that shitty GUI.
>>
OP here, I was so reluctant to make the switch, but being an advocate of technology, I realised it's time to move on from 7:(
I'm still paranoid about snooping while Microsoft just pretends to send "stats", any of you suggest any reg tweaks or any 3rd party spyware to install?
also recommended things to do after win10 upgrade
>>
>>55829332
>You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
I did.
My sole Win10 box is offline. Airgapped. Disconnected.
Suck on that Redmond.
>>
>be me
>buy laptop for cheap
>don't like the windows 8 it came with so bought a windows 7 license to replace it
>forgot all about the windows 8
>laptop develops severe BSOD problems later on
>factory reset it but not before memorising the windows 7 product key to use later on
>it goes back to windows 8
>upgrade to windows 10
>mfw
>>
If you UPGRADED to 10 and didn't do a clean installation, then kindly kill yourself out of /g/.
>>
OP here: only difference that makes is, when you upgrade from win7, there's a windows.old folder in your new win10 installation. I also game whenever I can, so I just reinstalled the GPU drivers for win10 and all my other apps are still working fine, but I'm still paranoid about snooping :|
>>
I didn't upgrade as I am not retarded. If they revert the forced updates and forced Cortana I might consider it again.
>>
>>55829837
>but I'm still paranoid about snooping :|
Try O&O ShutUp 10.
>>
>>55829332
>>
>>55829798
you don't need clean instalation

first update after that you can go to control panel and search for refresh your pc and you will get fresh installed windows
>>
fuck upgrading. but everyone likes something for free right? so

>booted linux and used dd to image of system drive
>installed KB3035583 and let the upgrade virus take over
>came back 1hr later to find "Your files are exactly where you left them"
>ran dd again to write backup image back

so now back on 7 as though i never took the upgrade offer, but now have the 'digital entitlement' so in the future if i decide i don't mind letting the cool guys at redmond datamine everything, i can install 10 for free.

also true to my usual form, i did this at 1am on July 30th, but found "The upgrade offer has expired". turned timezone to another state so it was 11:30 pm on the 29th and it let the upgrade proceed. good to see turning the clock back still works. muahah
>>
Thanks!
I'll install it right away after checking out its cred :P
>>
File: pajeet_countdown.png (187KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
pajeet_countdown.png
187KB, 768x512px
>>
>>55829213
I did. That other shit is from 2009.
>>
>>55829317
anti-beacon can't stop everything
>>
>>55829317
you're seriously stupid smhf
>>
File: 0e7.gif (220KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
0e7.gif
220KB, 280x199px
>>55829213
Back up, upgrade to 10, restore back up. Ayy now you got free w10 whenever.
>>
>>55829272
Revert back to your old version of windows.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.