[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lenovo Y700-15ISK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Untitled.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
Fuck this shit.
Just bought this laptop (with FreeDOS because cheaper) and barely managed to install windows 7 on it because UEFI is shit. Also, I had to do it twice because Daz Loader doesn't work for gpt partitions.
On the Lenovo support site there are only drivers for that shit windows 10.
Should I just install windows 10 or should I return this laptop and buy another one? What would you recommend?
>>
You clearly have no idea what you are doing. Buy a mac
>>
In bios disable secure boot, install windows, custom, then delete all partitions and reformat the entire HDD. Install win 7 with Microsoft toolkit, daz seems a piece of shit now
>>
>>55829117
THIS.
>>
>>55829134
Already installed windows 7, dude.
My problem is with the drivers, I can't find drivers on the lenovo site, and the newest versions i got from intel etc. won't install because it's not manufacturer aproved
>>
>>55829191
The main error is that you knowingly bought a laptop model with absolutely no support or drivers for Windows 7. This should have been researched before you bought the fucking thing.

That is because you are a fucking moron and you refuse to own up to it.
>>
>>55829191
Drp.su driver pack should do the trick. Also enable developer mode on boot to use those unsigned drivers
>>
Why not just install W10 already?

its not much different then w7

if you already accepted Windows then just install latest one already
>>
Wahhhh! I bought a new laptop and replaced the OS with one it wasn't designed for, and now I'm upset and think it's somehow anyone's fault other than mine own!

Guess what? The Dell XPS 15 doesn't support Windows XP. Why should it? It wasn't ever released for it. What possible motivation does an OEM have for writing drivers for an OS that the end-user would have to intentionally install themselves?

Someone intelligent enough to install an operating system would probably be intelligent enough to research if it would work bef...oh wait.

You exist.
>>
>>55829073
>>55829258
Daily reminder for win10 threads

You can't ever completely disable windows 10 telemetry.
Microsoft is actively pushing towards making this ever harder to do as well - see the recent group policy change for example.
Even if you yourself are not concerned about the data collection, you still expose information about your friends and family via Microsoft's aggressive surveillance methods.
You should not use, support or endorse this operating system.

The spyware has been backported to Windows 7 and 8.1 as well.
You can much more easily remove it though - all it takes is uninstalling the related updates.
You can find out which via a quick google search for 'telemetry updates for windows 7 and 8.1', and then hiding them in Windows Update.
Don't forget to check for these every month or so, as Microsoft can push out new updates anytime that can reinstall the spyware.
>>
>>55829243
>>55829282
I knew it didn't support win7 but bought it anyway for its specifications.
I managed to install the OS and I could also install the drivers, but with a lot more work. What I asked you is if I should upgrade to windows 10 to skip all this hassle or if you could recommend a similar laptop that has support for windows 7.
>>
>>55829320
I ran the aegis script (the one the wiki talks about), and I think that should do the trick, at least for a while until they add new telemetry updates
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.