[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laptop help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: laptop.jpg (53KB, 831x704px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
53KB, 831x704px
I need your help /g/, my mom spends a lot of time on her laptop and has been complaining about her deteriorating eyesight. It's a cheap Toshiba 15.6 inch 768p laptop with a sandy bridge i5 and gt525mx.

She's usually conservative with letting people help her and with money, but I managed to convince her to upgrade to a proper high end laptop.

Does /g/ have any ideas what to get?

Here's what I'm looking for
>17 inch 4k screen
>IPS
>no 8KG gamer shit, please keep the looks nice and plain
>windows

Her budget is 1500 aud but I can bump that up to 2500 dollars with my own money.

She doesn't want a desktop or a NUC(I tried) because she's planning to go on a few trips next year.

Is this even possible?
>>
17' are heavy as fuck
get her some 14' or 15' laptop and an exterenal monitor for when she is not traveling
>>
Just get her a mac. Old people don't like learning tech and get viruses easily.
>>
>>55829064
>17 inch
ew
>>
>>55829064
>deteriorating eyesight
>4k screen

Why?

>no 8KG gamer shit
>17 inch, please keep the looks nice and plain
Really aren't a lot of options there.

>>55829093
Agreed, a 2011/2012 17" MBP with the hard drive swapped out for an SSD would be sensible.
>>
>>55829090
She'll carry it in her luggage bag most likely, Is there no such thing as a 17 inch ultrabook though?

>>55829098
Bigger, higher resolution screen, easier on the eyes

>>55829106
>not a lot of options
I know.

>>55829093
She's used to windows ui and is smart enough to not click on virus links and shit, my dad installed AVG for her too.
>>
>>55829064
>Here's what I'm looking for
>>17 inch 4k screen

Fuck off you retard.
>>
Battery life isn't really an issue, at most she'll need half an hour.

>>55829106
>>55829093
Retina screen?
>>
>>55829120
Tell her to get better glasses
>>
>>55829148
Look, I'm trying to do something nice for her, and it's not often she'll accept help or advice from others.

She just got new glasses from her optometrist a couple of months ago, but I still want to help her get a better laptop.

Higher ppi, and bigger screen size, would be better for her than a 15.6 inch 768p piece of shit.
>>
>>55829143
No 17" model for the Retina, that only goes up to 15"
>>
>>55829429
Well that's buggered.

You think 1440p would be sharp enough?
I was hoping 17 inch so she can have a larger display, but 15 inch should be alright too I suppose...
>>
File: Intel-NSU_fonearena-002.jpg (111KB, 1148x813px) Image search: [Google]
Intel-NSU_fonearena-002.jpg
111KB, 1148x813px
>>55829064
>17 inch 4k screen
>gaming laptop
No one needs a 4k screen. The main issue here is that you have literally no battery life because of this consuming screen.
Just get a regular 17" monitor laptop form hp (pavilion) or whatever.
>gaming laptop
what the hell is she doing with her laptop that you consider getting a gaming laptop?

Best solution would be a mini PC and a separate Monitor.
>>
>>55829064
What if you got her a standard 17 inch laptop, then swapped out the display for a 1440p or 4k screen?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.