[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

41 yo bored as hell, thinking about leaving win 8.1 for arch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (271KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
271KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>55827358

Old people are fucking dumb.
>>
>>55827373
Young people like you get cucked by their gf for BBC.
>>
you can do it old man, I BELIEVE IN YOU
>>55827373
that's rather rude young man
>>
>>55827385
Pretty poor meme execution, gramps.
>>
is this the new desktop thread
>>
File: steve-buscemi-hello-fellow-kids.jpg (81KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
steve-buscemi-hello-fellow-kids.jpg
81KB, 700x394px
>>55827385
>>
File: whenthecringeistoostrong.jpg (71KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
whenthecringeistoostrong.jpg
71KB, 1920x1080px
>>55827407
>poor meme execution
>>
>>55827358
>look at me, i have tits

this is how retarded you sound. go seek attention elsewhere
>>
>>55827358
You're too old to learn something new.

It will be completely alien to you. Just don't fucking do it, at least not Arch. You will die.

Arch isn't "hard" to install or use, but it's just too different from the Windows you've been used to your whole life. A lot of the programs you like on Windows just won't work on Arch.
>>
>>55827373
All most of you young fucks know is phone models.
>>
>>55827441
Doing it wrong again.
>>
>>55827358
what's your favorite anime?
>>
>>55827520
What?
>>
>>55827578
Urotsukidoji
OP here
>>
>>55827578
Texhnolyze
OP here
>>
>>55827358
I suspect you may have fucked up in your life long ago to end up having these problems now. But at least you could try out a live cd and see how that works for you.
>>
>>55827699
Dont look like serious problems to me
He is just bored
>>
>>55827717
Maybe not to you, but I can see the signs of poor choices made in life, because I'm making them now.
>>
>>55827772
>choices made in life:
Use win or arch
Play WoW or EVE
Hard choices for a hard life...
>>
>>55827358
Why do you feel the need to post your age? Also you should go all out and become an Gentooman not an arch nemesis. jk Use whatever you want. Just kind of sucks if you only stick to an operating system for a few months though.
>>
File: 1466994497718.jpg (104KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1466994497718.jpg
104KB, 550x397px
>>55827358
DO NOT start on eve.
The devs have fucked everything and the game is shit now, find another game. Please listen to me OP, I've been playing for 7 years, please don't become me. It's so fucking not worth it I wish i had stopped playing years ago, there is a reason they say they only way to win eve is to stop playing. So just don't OP, eve will never truly give you the sci-fi experience you want and by the time you get good at the game you will realize how terrible it is and it's only downhill from there.

Also arch is shit too.
>>
>>55827407
>>55827423
Nice meme kids go back to playing pokeman amd computure games
>>
>>55827578

boku no pico
>>
>>55828045
Kampyutor games are important anon. Pokemon...eh as long add is not go.
>>
>>55827358
Replying to bait, because I'm also bored.

It's up to you. Arch / Gentoo are pretty meme, because the point is a stage one emerge. Nobody does them anymore.

I tend to like Ubuntu Studio when I'm not running CentOS for my Linux needs.

WoW used to run in WINE, but you need to make sure you set it to run in OpenGL and not Direct3D. No experience with Eve, so I can't help you there.

In the end, it's your time. Do what you want with it.
>>
>>55827358
not that much younger than you
>runnning arch on my laptop that I use everyday at work
>playing EVE sometimes on my desktop that runs w10
you can afford it so keep a rig just for Windows use the other computer for whatever you want
>>
>>55827491
>Arch isn't "hard" to install or use
Yes it is. It's hard in basically every definition of the word.
>>
>>55827358
>arch
lmao no

>eve
Usually no, but since you're replacing wow, maybe. The economy is falsely inflated by CCP and they're not introducing the needed sinks on purpose.

Why, you'd ask? Because missions and rats are the go-to activity for the average newbie of up to 6 months, some even do it for years, and is their main income. Problem: missions reward a non-scalable constant, as opposed to industry or trading for an example, that always scales with inflation.

So you have the main activities of the game reward a constant of X, while everything else becomes more and more expensive because of inflation. What do you do? You (the average newbie) buy a PLEX and sell it for ISK, while being a good goy and paying a sub with irl money because you can't manage to farm 1bil of off some 50mil per hour monthly, or it simply hurts too much to watch them disappear every month.

CCP knows this and inflates the entire market on purpose by not introducing the needed sinks to deflate it, again on purpose. That's the company you'd be paying a sub to, the same that wanted to jew their fanbase with golden fucking ammo in a game where you can buy currency with irl money, so yeah, think twice about that
>>
>>55827358
nice pasta. positively aldente
>>
>WoW for EVE
go ask /v/

>win 8.1 for arch
go for it my man, if you need any help or have any questions first, go over to /fglt/
>>
>>55828447
Not really. If you don't use the beginner guide there are no built-in instructions and you just can't really do it. If you do use the beginner guide it's not hard at all. It literally walks you through it. If you use a third party installer like Architect, it's as easy as the beginner guide, minus needing another device to read the guide on. There's not really any instance of it being difficult to install unless you have issues with reading long pages of verbose technical instructions. If you do have this issue, I believe it's a personal problem and that Arch is not to blame.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.