[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

processor questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (2KB, 107x92px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 107x92px
Intel® Core™ i3-6100 Processor (2-Cores, 3MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, 3.7GHz)
vs.
Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache,
up to 4.0 GHz)

The i7-6700 is faster then the i3-6100 right? Is it by a lot or no? I am buying a new pc for school, work, and gaming. I know some noob shit but I am just trying to figure some stuff out. Thanks
>>
>>55827296
Yes if you can afford the i7, get the i7.
Don't listen to these dickheads who bought something not as good because they just had to use half their budget to replace their already nice case and everything for some reason and feel driven to defend their gimped down CPU purchase.
It makes a big fucking difference in real world performance.
>>
>>55827296
The core clock speed or Ghz don't really impact raw performance. The I3-6100 has 2 cores opposed to the four on the i7, less transistors, and lower cache. Better to get something xeon e5 2670 v3 for $193 on eBay.

>They are engineering samples that's why they're cheap and they have lower clock speeds but it's a 12 core CPU based on the LGA 2011-v3 socket

> and you can take advantage of the x99 platform
>>
>>55827296
most reasonable cpu is i5 6600k, esp if you play games. If you video edit or have highly multithreaded workloads then you want a hyperthreaded cpu like an i7
>>
>>55827357
yeah but single core on xeons is next to unbearable, so rip playing games.
>>
Do you do any rendering or heavy processing loads that can be parallelized?
No? Don't know what the word "parallelized" means? Then you should not get an i7.

Play videogames from the current year? Get an i5.

Use your computer solely for "work," school, and (social) media consumption? Get an i3.
>>
>>55827296
It's over 2 times faster
>>
depends what youre doing to be honest, casual editing and gaming you'd be best off getting a 6600k and oc'ing it,if you're going to be editing a lot then go for i7
>>
>>55827374
Actually in some cases the e5 2670 does better than 5690X. Gaming isn't really affected at all and actually with the case of Crysis 3 it does better than a 6700K or 5960X because it taking advantage of more cores
>>
I've got an i7 2600, what is the best motherboard to go for? I want to replace this shit tier Intel DH61WW and get a new graphics card too (Radon HD 5400). I need my computer for trading, plug 4 screens into it. I'm currently using 2 screens.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.