[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everithing with a circuit is hackable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: canvas.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
canvas.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GnMj5cus4A

In this video they use software to make simulating move electrons in wires of printers and phones to create an RF signal and send data.

So is everithing with a wire hackable and is a faraday cage the only way to protect yourself?

anyone with deeper knowledge of this can explain me how this works in detail. What kind of set up does the hacked person need to have minimally for this to work. I think you first have to be able to run the software on a computer on a computer wirelessly connected in the office and you can d owhat you want.

Also what are the implications of this? i feel like this is huge. if faraday cages are the only way to protecct yourself from this attack, most of the word is vulnerable. Has the nsa been using someting like this for a while, is there anything about this in the snowden leaks?
>>
Russia moved all of their top secret stuff to paper and use old-ass typewriters and secretaries again.

If you want your shit to be secure, don't put it on a fucking computer.
>>
>>55824243

The nsa has satellites that can do van Eck phreaking and power line implants that can keylog from 1000 miles away.
>>
>>55824202
It's pretty old news actually

TEMPEST 1-92 and 2-95 address this
>>
>>55824202

Didn't that leak in the NSA ANT catalog
>>
>>55825275
>van Eck phreaking
>paper & typewriters
the fuck are you talking aobut
>>
>>55824202
hacked code has to be planted on the device first. In the video, this is done by exploiting a bug in the printer's firmware by sending it a malformed document.

Solution: don't print any weird shit, don't connect anything top secret to the internet and keep top secret material away from anything that is.
>>
>>55825856

Why do you think they switched to paper and typewriters, dummy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.