[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My laptop's original battery is 19.5v but it needs replacing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 31VQvot-k4L.jpg (13KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
31VQvot-k4L.jpg
13KB, 500x375px
My laptop's original battery is 19.5v but it needs replacing, and I can't find one anywhere for my model. However, I can find 14.5v ones. Will this be okay or does it have to be 19.5v?
>>
>>55823981
Your laptop won't be able to draw enough current and will likely shut down if you try to do something under load, or it will just drain the battery in 10 minutes flat. You also won't be able to charge while using it, it will continue to drain charge at a slow rate. tl;dr no
>>
File: 1453020375488.jpg (157KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453020375488.jpg
157KB, 1920x1080px
>>55823981
>he doesn't have a standard laptop that uses liion 18650 batteries
>>
Contact the manufacturer
>>
>>55823981
It has to be the same voltage, +/-0.5V.
>>
>>55823981
You're probably wrong. 19.5 is probably the input voltage, not the battery
>>
>>55823981
Vaio laptop too as well

Some Vaio laptops have 2 names, so search the battery by the other name and find the perfect one for your laptop

Don't be a fucking retard and fucking Google, OP
>>
>>55824255
I assume this means 19.5 is the battery, no?
>>
>>55823981
Same Vaio here... 19.5V says the output voltage for charger... that's the charging voltage... you must to look for the same battery model...
>>
>>55824429
Could I not just buy a 14.5 charger and a 14.5 battery?
>>
>>55824483
No, you must to extract the battery, look up the model and find comptibles (the output connectors of the battery vary from model to model), also, the compatible model assures you that the output voltage of pins will be the same and can supply the maximum current required for the computer (power or Current*Voltage, or you can express it in the maximum output current)...
>>
>>55824483
Most likely if the laptop came with a 19.5 V battery that the mobo and processor needs 19.5 V to function at load, meaning you would be starving your computer and will probably shut down.
>>
>>55824552
>>55824600
Ah okay, I get that. Alright thanks anons, I'm gonna go a Sony store tomorrow.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.